myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1112 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is there still a plan to try and bring this game out? Or are you just coding up because you can't help it and the prototypes will play with lots of deep code?

Would love to see this game come to light. Certainly would be great news for all of us.

6 months later
#1517 8 years ago

I'm jumping on the WOOLY train. It would look amazing next to Medusa and the artwork and toys look superb.

What realistically needs to happen to get this game to production? Surely 100 commitments to it could be reached? Is there a place where we could sign up?

#1520 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Probably at least 100k for start up.

So, 100 people committing to $1,000 upfront deposit that is deemed "at risk". Doesn't seem like a bad deal, these guys have shown they can make a game, the game is complete and has prototypes out there. Where would they be assembled?

#1538 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

They needed to sell 100 spots.

Where can people sign up for a spot to help meet the 100 number though? I'm interested in signing up and can't find the thread if it is here on Pinside.

#1565 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I own a game and I have no clue what team RIOT has planned for the future of WOOLY, so I will definately be asking lots of questions! I will also do anything in my power/ability to help get more of these made so others can enjoy them.

This game deserves your energy and attentions Whysnow. I'm in for one if it comes to fruition.

Ask plenty of questions for those of us who can't be at expo. If you could, have one of those questions be whether a WOOLY will be at TPF.

Thanks in advance.

#1571 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there is always email and Scott is a pretty friendly guy...

PM me his email please good sir. Thanks.

#1575 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

its been posted in this thread a whopping 38 times. [email protected]

Got it. I joined this thread late.

#1603 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to email me at [email protected].

And he responds quick! I sent him an email last night, got a response this morning. Thanks Scott!

1 month later
#1623 8 years ago
Quoted from stooped:

Scott is one of the most articulate guys I have ever heard (Spooky interview 58) If Spooky can't manufacture this, Stern should. I've loved this game at Expo, at least equal to TBL or the new Sterns.

I totally agree with this. I also think they would have an easier path to reach the 100 game minimum now than they did a year ago. I've got my cash ready...

#1627 8 years ago

Well, I've got literally the perfect spot for this game, could not be better. I don't care who builds it: Stern, JJP, Spooky, Heighway, whoever...I'm ready for it.

1 week later
#1672 8 years ago

A Christmas bump for WOOLY. Let's hope Christmas 2016 has this game under people's trees.

11 months later
#1761 7 years ago

I saw this thread on fire and thought there was an update about the game going into production.

#1765 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No offense intended, but all these people who are saying "just build it!", did you commit to a deposit when they asked for people to step up?
It's easy to armchair quarterback, but the reality is that they put together a business plan to make it happen, and people didn't support it. The community could have had it if they really wanted it.

I hear you, but the window they gave people to think it over was pretty small and there was not a lot of information at the time for people to think over (and it came out right at the beginning of JPop melting down and Predator collapsing, not the best time to ask anyone for a deposit).

#1803 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Maybe if the game was actually available for pinball enthusiasts to play, it might get more people willing to buy. The 10 or so machines locked away in basements arn't doing anyone any good at getting it made.

Having a couple going around to shows would be nice. I don't think one has ever made it to TPF or HAAG.

#1815 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Money does not grow on trees to continually bring a game all over the country, let alone multiples (sounds like that is what you are asking for)

Just one would around to see would increase interest. I hear you on cost to bring it to shows. You'd need a team of people committing to the travel and maintenance of the machine as it went around the country (i.e. one person brings it to ABC show where it is picked up by the next person to go to XYZ show, etc.).

Quoted from Whysnow:

You want one of the owners to give their game to an operator in Chicago or LTG or PHOF?

A few more would need to be assembled for this purpose.

I'd just like to see the game made. Not enough Greek theme'd machines.

#1817 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not feasible. Most people would not be able to ensure a game stays playing correctly. i know I would never trust someone else to maintain my game at a random show and have to assume Scott would want to keep a game tuned in to keep a consistent product for others to see.

Yes, good points. Not feasible. What ideas do you have at this juncture?

#1876 7 years ago

So, is Scott considering opening up deposits again and giving it through TPF to see if he can hit 100 orders?

All this talk of BOM for the machine's brains has confused mine.

#1882 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

My question was to know if there was a chance that another preorder list could see the light now?

Yea, that was my question as well. Doesn't seem to be an answer at this time. Maybe when we move into 2017 there will be further discussion.

11 months later
#1910 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's been a while and I figured I would update the thread with the latest bug fixes/features of Wrath of Olympus.

Any updates on a possible manufacturing partner for the game?

#1913 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think the response from buyers would be much stronger today, especially seeing the continued commitment to a game that was never mass produced.

Agreed. I wonder if the cost would be the same today as it was going to be two years ago. Inflation and what not.

#1916 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It would be great to see A.P partner up, like Spooky and TNA.

They could also partner with Spooky? Target a late 2018 build out of 100 games? Would be awesome.

1 month later
#1947 6 years ago

Any chance one of these makes it to TPF? Super long shot I know...

#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Wow...I just started reading about this project and it sounds fantastic. I really hope to get a chance to play one soon (TPF would be awesome) and wish you guys the best of luck in getting this into production

I just looked at the owner map. Doesn’t seem likely from a geography perspective that they will get one to TPF.

Wish they would do another set of sample games and have them spread out a bit further so they could be brought to more shows. Having one in Cali doing the pacific coast shows and one in Texas would be nice for sure.

#1953 6 years ago

How does this game do in a competitive play environment? Long or short ball times (the videos seem a bit on the long ball time side, but perhaps it is how it is set up)? Is the code balanced from a scoring perspective or is there a point exploit?

1 week later
#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Yep
I am very pessimistic now about a production this year.

I agree. I think they’d be having it go to shows if it was possible to go into production this year.

4 months later
#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ive been asking, hoping, thinking same thing for 6 months.
Wrath of Olympus and American Pinball...
A match the Greek gods would be happy with.

Would be great, but gosh they would need to put a good marketing campaign behind it. So much time has passed with new games coming out that many people who were buyers a year or more ago likely have moved on...once someone move's on they must be won back. WOOLY needs to make some shows.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.