myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1089 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I have to add to this thread and just say first off that, I think it is absolutely AWESOME that luvthatapex2 is actually sitting on Pinside, taking people's thought's ideas and suggestions and then live coding them into the game. You kidding me!!!??? THAT IS...AWESOME!!!

It also highlights the fact that the other pinball companies programmers aren't doing their jobs properly ... Or are not allowed to do their jobs properly. One or the other.

I've said it a lot ... Code updates should take days (including testing) .... not months. Or years. Crazy.

rd.

#1095 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

LCD screens are cheaper than DMDs, but you have to have hardware that can drive them, and assets that are designed for it. So it's not a trivial swap, but there's no reason why you couldn't save on the BOM with one if you did it right.

The $50 you save on the BOM will go nowhere towards paying the $10,000s that it would cost to create all the colour video for a LCD display.

rd.

#1097 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I will never preorder again, but I will buy a WOOLY if it is built.

Hopefully it will be at the Chicago Expo in October and Hilton can share the WOOLY love with me

Look forward to playing it.

rd.

2 months later
#1147 8 years ago

Should change the name to Medusa II - wrath of Olympus.

Bitching.

rd.

#1153 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Should change the name to Medusa II - wrath of Olympus

No love for my idea? I think it is freaking genius. But I guess I would....

Will you guys have this game at Chicago Expo this year?

I'd like to get a chance to play it. If I can get WhySnow off it of course.

rd.

#1157 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

We haven't talked about expo yet, but I'd say there is a very strong possibility that we'll be there with a game. Looking forward to meeting you RD.

rd.

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

- Increment P-R-O-M-E-T-H-E-U-S by hitting the lower right loop when a hurryup/battle is not in session.
- When complete, fast scoring starts. 10 million points counts down with a 15 second time

Almost as many shots as BLACKWIDOW in Avengers lol!

EDIT: it is the same! I learnt to count.

Sounds like a cool mode.

Another way you could do it would be that when you hit it the first time, the score freezes for 5 seconds to enable you to nail it again. With or without the 2x. Because it is counting down pretty damn fast. A lot of work to collect all the PROMETHEUS letters for a 15 second shot at points. Just my 10c worth, obviously I haven't played the game first hand ...

Look forward to checking it out in October.

rd.

2 months later
#1283 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

God you are a complete j*****s sometimes. We all get it that you work for Heighway but for fuckssakes get over yourself and all your constant bashing on everything.

I have seen no evidence of what you are saying. Aurichs posts have remained constant over the last few years. Apart from mentions of Alien here and there, I can't see anything has changed. What he (and Rarehero) say here is true, and Roshs excellent post above summerises everything nicely.

Unfortunately for Wooly, it was just a year or two late ... If it had been announced in 2010-2012 (now referred to as "the crazy years") I have no doubt they would have sold 200 units at $8000 a pop.

But now, it won't happen. Millions of bucks disappeared at JPOPs local Starbucks and on Kevin's fantasy lifestyle. Twice bitten ... Thrice shy, as the saying goes.

I have no doubt that if they actually start making them, and punters can see the machine arriving in customer houses and the customer has a big smile on his face, Wooly will sell. Even at $7995. Especially if they are limited to 100 or 150 like AMH.

rd

2 months later
#1503 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The new generation of pin buyers don't even want to take the glass off except to install dolls or retina-searing lighting, I can't imagine many would want to build a game from scratch.

Agree with this and Llyods comments. The vast majority of wealthy pin buyers I know don't even know how to do a LED job, let alone build an entire machine.

rd

1 week later
#1587 8 years ago

It's been a jam packed few days, but finally got to see WOOLY tonight and speak to the guys (like at midnight ....!)

What a stunning looking game. Top effort by the guys.

JLM, you're going to enjoy it, I'm sure.

Unfortunately I was too late to play it, but I could see by the layout that the shot geometry looked sweet. Some tight shots and some wider ones. Should be a good challenging game.

Sweet!

rd

1 year later
#1736 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No offense intended, but all these people who are saying "just build it!", did you commit to a deposit when they asked for people to step up?

To be fair though, the call for 100 deposits was right after the Predator and Jpop f**kups ... so a lot of people had been burned and were (and still are) gunshy.

I saw it at expo last year and it looked super cool. Unfortunately I was not able to play it so I can't comment on that.

I'm 1000% certain that if Spooky put this into limited number production (say 200 or 300) these things would get snapped up.

rd

#1738 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I would buy in a second from spooky. I have had my eyes on this game from the start, very frustrating it didn't get production.

Spooky have a proven production record that would inspire confidence in the customers. They'd sell out no problems.

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.