myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider navajas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#251 10 years ago

Never really taken notice of this machine until recently. Superb job man, looks amazing.

1 month later
#279 10 years ago

I have a few questions about the machine for which after having skimmed the thread I didn't see answers. If Scott or anyone else could answer these that'd be great. If they're redundant a link would suffice!

1) The right orbit almost always feeds directly into the top of the rubber on the right sling. Intended?

2) Is the old (but great) Metallica a place holder? Will there be other/original music?

3) Is the voice over a place holder?

4) In the video it seems light on sound effects. More to come? Am I not hearing them due to compression?

5) Will the software be open source?

6) The translight is very cool for the style, it's just that style isn't exactly my thing. In the email I finally dug out from the depths of my junk folder, I see two possible. Any chance of a third, ever so slightly less cartoonish version?

7) The display right now is almost entirely number / text correct? Animations to come?

For me #2 through #4 above are very big deals. They are some of the reasons I'm still (with ever increasing effort) clinging to Predator. The game looks totally amazing, but for upwards of what, probably $8k+?, everything for me would need to be perfect, and the audio package right now is much less than that. The voice over sounds strained and amateur (no offense to any intended, really!, I couldn't do better, but see below), not divine anyway! I like Metallica and Ramstein more than most, but I'd rather hear music geared to change with specific modes and stations in the game than just a soundtrack in the background.

I'm not trying to be an asshole mind you, just probing. Again, the game looks totally amazing, game play and rules seems top shelf, I just think it would benefit greatly by being married to some audio of the same quality.

This may sound self serving, but my brother is a (very good) voice actor. If you knew me you'd know I have little bias about my bro, but his rumbling, articulate, voice would be PERFECT for this game. I bet I could get him to do it for little or nothing. Want me to get you a reel/sample? He was just Hamlet and his work on his dead Dad's ghost was fucking phenomenal. It would add a LOT of polish to the end product.

Regardless, congratulations, it looks cool as hell.

EDIT: Should also mention my brother's friends with a professional Hollywood sound guy. (A favorite tidbit of mine he did was American History X. Know that curb stomp sound? He did that. Haha. Anyway...) I can't speak to how much, if anything, he'd charge but he's a cool guy who DOES do some gift work on the side. Just putting a buzz in your ear.

EDIT 2: Ha. Also, just realized, if my baby brother was in it, I can guarantee (as in, 100%, ironclad) my Mom would buy at least one. (He's the favorite. Can't blame her: I'm an asshole.)

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Good to see you here too

Hmm. Coincidence? I think not.

Bonsoir!

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Navajas: seen my PM last week?
- sorry for hijacking the thread, won't last long -

Oh my God, no. I mean I did, saved it to read later and forgot. Ugh.

Reply incoming.

3 weeks later
#325 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Please bring to the PNW show in June! There's a ton of west coasters i'm sure that would love to see the proto

Raising my hand!

#333 10 years ago

Wow. Way too cool.

#340 10 years ago

Scott, what is the terminus of the "Start Battle" shot? I can't quite tell from the CAD or the first prototype. Is it a big fat square standup? Is there a drop down in front of it?

Also, in the "Way too much to ask for" category, any chance of Zeus f'ing with you magnetic style?

1 week later
#365 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Some more videos in preparation for Allentown tomorrow - how many pins do you know of that offer more than one match animation? I know it seems trivial, but I really like when you finish a game and get to see a decent match effect, kinda makes draining on that last ball feel not quite so bad. Anyway, we'll have two ready at Allentown and a few more in the works that will randomly selected on game end.
Cerberus Peeing on a Rock:
» YouTube video
Cronus - Titan God of Time and the Ages:
» YouTube video
There's also a video showing off more of the DMD aspect of the game. Again all of these animations were hand made from custom drawn art - takes a bit more time than extracting from movie footage but I think it gives it a good 90's vibe like the rest of the game... Enjoy!
» YouTube video

Helmet looks great on the field and super cool when it gets lit from below! The animations are cool too. This pin is going to be such an achivement!

The Ramstein loop could have a cleaner repeat point as I find the rhythm change jarring every time (but then I'm a Ramstein junkie) , and it's kind of hard to hear the call outs (could totally just be the recording though).

1 month later
#389 9 years ago

Damn! Top shelf you guys.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Been playing this title more on my Hyperpin. I must say it has a unique but excellent layout. Like the deep upper right flipper with BK2K type shots. Also really like the upper PF. I assume there is different music in the production game than the virtualpin table. If not "TOOL"
This game looks great wish I had money and space to buy all of them.

If Scott decides to produce, which we all obviously hope to hell he does, there's going to be at least one in the PNW.

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

It is America’s Most Haunted playfield in photo (left back ?)

Yes.

2 weeks later
#403 9 years ago

Wow, looks great Scott! Way better than your thumb for instance, damn!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider navajas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=navajas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.