myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#354 9 years ago

Are you kidding? Frank and Wooly are going to be at Allentown!? Why couldn't he post this on the P-ROC forums weeks ago... I'd have changed my plans to make sure I could have made it down.

If I help Frank get color rocking could I get a coupon code for a discounted purchase?

3 months later
#444 9 years ago

Good grief the artwork on this machine is killer. Looking forward to seeing it first hand at Expo.

11 months later
#1372 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

but that is just using your narrowly defined window of what is innovation.

Funny. Pretty sure his narrowly defined window of innovation was the Actual Definition of innovation.

*shrug*

I just hope when scott finally asks you to stop "helping" you listen.

Enjoy your game. I hear they're pretty rare.

#1416 8 years ago

2 months later
#1526 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The game faces 3 challenges:
1) Price, isn't in same ballpark tech wise as other 8k games
2) No color display see #1
3) Original themes are a tough sell. If this was God of War or Clash of the Titans it'd be in production already.

I respectfully disagree with all of these points:

1. They've put way more interactive mechs into this machine than the most expensive current Sterns. JJP is a different story potentially, but with respect to the pinball tech --and by that I mean the mechanisms that you actually get to play with --flippers, drops, etc. there's a lot in this game.

2. They have their original assets in color. The new p2.5 rgb led display stuff that ecurtz has been playing with makes this new color led dmd cheaper than LCDs. Like those old paint commercials. I can paint that game in color for $99.95

3. This is essentially a license but with no cost. Everyone knows Greek Mythology. IMHO, Americas Most Haunted is more obscure than Greek mythology.

Just my two cents, anyway.

#1533 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm curious to see the RGB setup Brian from Mission Pinball is bringing to Expo for sure. Be cool if that was a possibility for WOOLY. And backwards compatible to the existing ones, as far as fitting the hardware.

Wooly runs pyprocgame. The "old" PyProcGameVGA is 99% compatible with pyprocgame but drives a color display in a way that would be easy to modify to send frames to that display. I can extend support to that dmd hardware for Frank (and for others).

That said, last I checked Scott wasn't interested in color... That was over a year ago, though...

#1546 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Right now we are shy of the half-way mark. Still a ways to go and will be looking at our options after the 1st of the new year.
For those people who are interested in buying the game but are hesitant to send a check in these last couple weeks before we figure out our plans for moving forward, please email me and we can discuss your options. [email protected]

Just shy of 50 as of 9 months ago. Was pretty easy to find by just looking at posts by this user and then searching for deposit. Updated numbers may be different. I hope they are higher.

#1579 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Feedback anyone?
Now is the time to play that game before it leaves the US for la douce France. Forever

They had a sign that we weren't allowed to play it by the time I got there. It looks pretty

#1590 8 years ago

Wooly was awesome! It's a fantastic layout that has TONs to shoot for. Sure it looks stellar but getting to play it is the real treat. The rules are very well thought out and are both fun and a real challenge. It'd love to have one in my line up.

Killer work guys!

1 year later
#1891 7 years ago

If they had a big infusion of cash? Sure. Hire professional voice actors/actresses, spend a lot of time building animation frames, go to town.

Instead I guess people will have to suffer through a really beautiful game that's fun to shoot and has a very complete and engaging rule set. What a pity.

I know your post is overall positive and I'm not trying to discredit your comments, but when you're working on a project like this without real backing, you have to pick your battles.

2 months later
#1908 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

One thing I missed at TPF was running in to Scott. Would have been cool to network

I ran into Scott and while he said hi...

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Scott had the family there so no telling where they were at.

^^^ ... he was smart enough to keep his wife and kids far from the custom pins booth.

I'm always sorry that there aren't enough Woolys in the wild that they can be at shows like this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=mocean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.