myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt_rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#519 9 years ago

What, no 9 shot combo demonstration?

Looks incredible!

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

1) Upper Left Flipper “money shots”
What is the "money shot" of the upper left flipper. I'm not convinced it has value other than a possible set-up shot to the right horseshoe to the right flipper. IF this flipper has a "money shot" -- show us in the video. If it doesn't happen in your 5 mins game play, then take the glass off and demonstrate how cool its shots are. It’s important you sell us on how fun EVERY aspect of this game is.

-mof

I would say here's the money shot for that flipper.

295726-i.jpg295726-i.jpg

1 month later
#627 9 years ago

If it was around 6'ish I could buy one too, but at 8'ish, just not in the budget. Unfortunately, I want one, bad.

#631 9 years ago

I'm sure it's worth every penny of 8k. I just don't have that many pennies, and won't in a year.

#633 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I plan to pm Scott for the info, but wonder if it there was a possibility he'd consider posting a link to the info. It will be helpful to see all the real info together in one location.
I am considering one of these. One thing that bothers me is theme. Have never really been into Greek mythology or Persian or Roman etc for that matter. Now if the pin were stylistically look like the movie 300, I would already have been on it. Software is important to me and I could see a huge benefit to publishing current rules and explanation of the modes being developed and under consideration. The reason is that people here have great ideas and I'd love to see one of everything thrown into a mode . ie that would be reverse flipper mb mode, alternating left and right flippers, flipper "tommy blinds" mb, strobe mb, add a ball target, timed jackpot target, reverse scoring if you hit certain switches to extent it could Wipe Out 50% of your score ... There are infinite options and so an accounting of the current and intended rules would be a cool tool.

While there has been some input and they have been very receptive to ideas, but do you really expect that they should incorporate every idea? There has to be a point where they are they manufacturer and that's that. You get what you get. I think it's asking a lot for them to provide what you're looking for.

1 week later
#658 9 years ago

Watched that big lebowski video, looks boring as hell. I'm pretty surprised that this machine isn't getting more love.

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Perhaps this is a second language issue--otherwise this is a random and very unwarranted comment, IMO.

I think you're taking this comment the wrong way.

#707 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

What did I miss? How else would you construe doing the "in" thing by going belly up? I don't believe that is anywhere near a proper choice of words. "Unfortunate thing" perhaps, but no one is trying to be trendy by designing a pinball machine and going broke doing so.

I'm sure you're a load of fun at parties, always correcting people and never understanding sarcasm and humor. Although, maybe with a few drinks you'd loosen up.

2 weeks later
#785 9 years ago

I don't think people get it, the game won't be built without the funds up front. There is no I'll wait until production to buy it.

#788 9 years ago

I'd love too, just not in the budget.

#853 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I guess you are assuming you are the last game built?
Put down a deposit now and you will be around #50. That is ~6months build time.
~half paid in now and the rest when your game is ready.

I think he is calculating the terms of the preorder (which still stand I believe 100), and when the last machine would be delivered and the project completed. Not necessarily when his or yours would be delivered.

#857 9 years ago

You have a real problem brother.

#929 9 years ago

I'm amazed that being a forum dedicated to pinball, how many people seem hate everything about pinball.

#942 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lordloss > Where are you starting the bidding? If proto #2 is for sale I think you will have competition. I also would like to have it and put on route for others to see. I wonder if there is some way to get a rotation among towns and let WOOLY #2 played and seen by more people? Even if just in the midwest. The game definately NEEDS to be at MGC!

You've got good beer, we get to keep the pinball.

#948 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Correct, but that does require some foresight and faith, which is a lot to ask at $8K.

Much less faith than putting out 8k for absolutely nothing done, like most of the other machines.

1 week later
#975 9 years ago

I'm kinda feeling a negative vibe here for some reason. I don't think that anyone was trying to shoot down anything, I think a lot of people are just putting in their ideas into a pool. Maybe it won't work, maybe it will. I personally wouldn't want a kit, because I just don't want to take the time to do that. If some people would like a kit, I don't see the harm in saying it on a forum.

People tossing out ideas isn't negative, it's positive, means they are seriously interested in the machine, but maybe at some cost savings for doing the labor themselves. I actually do think (of course I have no experience) that the labor is most of the cost, for being reimbursed for the programming time spent, third party dev payment if necessary, down to hard assembly. The parts for this machine, I'd say not even half of what was being asked retail. Do I know that for sure, no I do not, but just a hunch from being 'around' this stuff for a while now.

#978 9 years ago

Lot's of this going on I think.

(profanity, don't watch if you don't care for profanity)

1 week later
#994 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

On top of that an original theme is just harder to sell. People say they want it, but I'm not sure they really do. They just want their own pet project in their mind, not someone else's.
It doesn't sound like the project is dead though, so maybe some creative thinking will give it a second chance.

Exactly, people what the non-theme pin of their choice, not someone else's. You sure see a lot of comments about it, but not a lot of people putting up the cash to prove it.

This machine is 10x the machine that TBL is, that's all the proof you need. People will argue about the voice or music quality, but pure game mechanics and rules, TBL looks incredibly boring, and this looks incredibly exciting to play.

#1005 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Argh! Biting my tongue.. You do realize Aurich , myself and many others actually played both games.
Both are great and play very differently. have you played them?

Just flipping block me if my posts upset you so much, get over yourself dude. Who cares if I give my opinion from watching videos and talking with the creator of the game etc. Just go away, you have some type of weird problem with me. Bite harder next time....

#1008 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

How about an opinion based on reality once in a while.

It is based on reality, why would it be any different if I watched someone play it on video or played it person. I can see the physics, the rule set, the implementation if the theme etc. I can make very valid observations from watching a video. People do that all the time, judges watch video evidence and make legally binding decisions, send people to jail, from that evidence. So your argument is totally invalid, you have just some kind of superiority complex against me, but I'm here to tell you I don't give two shits what you think, you are nothing in my life, why am I something in yours?

#1011 9 years ago

Of course, people watch videos all the time to learn about stuff. College courses, space travel, judicial system, why is this such a hard concept to grasp? Hell, people watch pinball videos to learn intimate rules about the game, how is that any different than watching a video judging game play.

I feel like I'm in bizzaro world here. Plus, at the very least my post was 100% on topic, not personal attacks that have nothing to do with a thread.

Both you and Hwawonyu have posted many times on the wrestlemania threads (and I'm sure other threads) judging it, even before any pictures were released, let alone actually playing it.

#1019 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That makes two of us.
You are stating the obvious here. Of course you can "learn stuff" about a pin by watching a video. Duh.
But that's not what I asked if you were serious about. Remember, you said this:

I think that there is a huge difference between actually playing a game in person vs watching a video of it. I base that on my personal experience.
If you think all you have to do is watch YouTube videos of a pin and that will tell you everything about how the game actually plays vs playing it in real life, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Quoted from RobT:

That makes two of us.
You are stating the obvious here. Of course you can "learn stuff" about a pin by watching a video. Duh.
But that's not what I asked if you were serious about. Remember, you said this:

I think that there is a huge difference between actually playing a game in person vs watching a video of it. I base that on my personal experience.
If you think all you have to do is watch YouTube videos of a pin and that will tell you everything about how the game actually plays vs playing it in real life, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Buy you're replying to a response to someone else without taking the original message in context. I said, to paraphrase.

'I believe this game looks to be 10x better and that TBL looks boring.'.

I would never plunk down money to buy a pin without playing it first, but I can, and will continue to, give my opinion about a machine. People do, maybe you should go bust their balls instead. You guys just have your panties in a bunch because TBL is your choice, and I think it looks boring.

This is no different that what both of you guys have done time and time again in other threads.

#1021 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thats my only beef. The looks comments, I appreciate either opinion. But arguing perceived fact against folks that have touched a machine makes no sense.
And yes I am buying a TBL and yes if this gets made I will probably by it as well and yes I watched videos of both and also played both.
And yes I have stated I dont like the wrestling theme and WWE looks to be boring. But thats it because until I touch it I dont know anymore. Not sure how it really plays, compares to other games or will be in reality to what I have seen.
This opinion I respect

For Christ sake... The next sentence explains it, I can't believe this, thanks for the laughs guys. Takes all kinds.

#1023 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You should get your facts straight before you say things that aren't true.
Please point me to any post I've ever made anywhere on Pinside saying or implying in any way that I prefer TBL over WOOLY.
I'll wait for you to search for it.

Nah, much like the other guy, you're not that important in my life to do any sort of thing. And I'm going to stop posting on these ridiculous threads that have taken this topic off track. So congrats for that.

#1026 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Apparently accuracy isn't important to you either.
You were wrong when you said that I "had my panties in a bunch because TBL is my choice, and you think it looks boring".
Just admit that you just wanted to quickly dismiss my opinion by coming up with an excuse that was never accurate to begin with and be done with it.

Nope, just not that important to me, like I said.

4 weeks later
#1079 9 years ago

No one can deny that the programming of this machine is right up there with WoZ.

3 months later
#1149 8 years ago

Can't wait for that video!

#1176 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That call-out would improve with a more mature booming voice - it sounds too young.

You need Gimli.

1 week later
#1187 8 years ago

I'm curious about the development of the audio for the machine. Any news there?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt_rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=matt_rasmussen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.