myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Hello Everyone! Been awhile since the last update, thought I'd post some quick pics. Sorry the quality isn't super duper - been spending more time on testing and the code than promotional stuff, but thought I'd show a complete game with the lights on in attract mode. The new cointaker LEDs in WOOLY2 really, really pop. Pics are with the overhead light on, directly overhead - you can see the inserts still shine through very nicely. Fun to play with the lights on or off. I think people are really going to get a kick out of this at expo.
So more news, HADES pop up toy and Pandora's Box are now fully functional. We have three hurry-ups that activate HADES and gets him to rise out of the playfield and taunts the player with some comedic relief. Pandora's Box now enables a 3 ball multiball - releasing those balls for chaos to ensue across the playfield.
For those on the "WOOLY" interested list, watch your email closely next week - a more thorough update with more exciting news is coming your way, along with more details on the deep rule set we have in this machine.
If you're interested in getting on that list, email me at [email protected]
ps. EXPO - I'm planning on having WOOLY ready for playing Thursday night through Saturday night during the vendor hall hours. Don't forget to come see my seminar on tips and tricks and info to build your own pinball machine.

photo 2 (1).JPG 329 KB

photo 1 (1).JPG 273 KB

You've managed to outdo Stern on your first pin, this looks amazing!

2 months later
#628 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

If it was around 6'ish I could buy one too, but at 8'ish, just not in the budget. Unfortunately, I want one, bad.

It certainly is a pin with potential, too bad I dont' go to expos otherwise i'd love to try it out.

1 week later
#664 9 years ago

Hey guys, I know all the cool boutique pinball makers are doing the "in" thing and going belly up, but please don't follow their trend!

1 week later
#753 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Hello Everybody! I hope everyone is having a great holiday break. We have another quick mini-update:
We have the first version of COMPETITIVE PLAY in place. This is a tournament type mode that is available by pressing/holding both flippers for 3 seconds during attract mode. You’ll get a 9 second countdown to HIT START and if you start a game during this 9 seconds, the game changes to COMPETITIVE PLAY. We will enable more features in the future for competitive play, but wanted the basic mode enabled in version 1.0 of the software.
We will also have 2 options in the service menu for COMPETITIVE PLAY:
Allow Competitive Play => YES/NO (select YES if you want to allow competitive play on the game. By default it will be YES, but for those that want this feature disabled, it’s an option)
Force Competitive Play => YES/NO (select YES is you want to force the game into competitive play. This will be for parties, tournaments, competitions with friends, etc. so you don’t have to hold the flippers during attract mode to enable competitive play. It will retain this mode as long as the selection is YES in the service menu.
Features of COMPETITVE PLAY:
· Balanced scoring.
· No extra balls (except for completing Poseidon/hades as these are completion awards)
· No pity extra ball
· 5 second ball saves for monster/god modes/Cyclops
· 5 second ball save for skillshot/plunge
· Athena is pleased loop awards 1 million for 9 loops
· Pandora mystery award is always 1 million
· Titan Awards are always 100k
Over the next week we will playtest the changes post-expo (the 2 wizard modes, minigames and competitive mode) and fix any bugs encountered, then mark the gamecode complete for version 1.0 of the software.
What is the significance of version 1.0 of the software? Version 1.0 of the software denotes a complete game. The original vision has found a real home with all of the modes, features and gameplay now complete. The game will get many more updates along with the way to production, but this is a milestone we’ve been working very diligently on for the past 18 months – and we are very excited that it has arrived.
As always, please feel free to email me if you'd like more information or have any questions!
[email protected]
-Scott

Riot: 1 Stern:0

Complete code is a huge deal!

1 week later
#843 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I refuse to take my money back.

I'll take his money back if he doesn't want it.

1 week later
#939 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think Scott could have done it with 50 pre-orders.
As a non-licensed theme boutique pin guy myself, it seems having a game at shows isn't the biggest driver of sales. What really gets people to plunk down their money is seeing stuff go out the door and being able to play it on location or at a friend's house who bought one. This makes the game REAL to people - anyone can walk into a pizza joint and play one, if they want.
If Scott built the first 40-50 WOOLY, and Chuck got them out the door, seeing them in homes and on location would give the other 50 potential buyers the confidence to buy one as well. Then Scott makes his number - maybe not all at once, but eventually.
We've seen this with AMH - the more we sell, "the more we sell". A good game is its own best advertisement.
250 pre-orders sight-unseen such as with Predator or RAZA is never going to happen again. The pre-sale pinball frog has been boiled. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to sell games. You just have to do it one REAL game at a time now.

I'd be tempted to buy proto #2 and stick it at SS Billiards and bring it to MGC. That would give it more attention and allow more people to play. Might stir up a few more sales and drive more people over as well. It'd be nice to have a MN grown pinball to play.

#953 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The current equation did not work but I feel confident that we will see a new equation that does work.
Scott and Frank >> Remember that there is a huge group of supporters behind you (even those that did not buy in the first round) that would liek to see this get done. Even those that have been against some parts have fully said if the game was done and availble now then they would likely buy! That is a testament to how great the game is!
lordloss > Where are you starting the bidding? If proto #2 is for sale I think you will have competition. I also would like to have it and put on route for others to see. I wonder if there is some way to get a rotation among towns and let WOOLY #2 played and seen by more people? Even if just in the midwest. The game definately NEEDS to be at MGC!

A bidding war would only end with WOOLY in a private collection never to be seen again.

#967 9 years ago

I think you should sell a bunch of the proprietary parts and then do a heathkit. I know everyone says you'd have problems with people building the machines wrong, but make them sign a waiver.

Sell me PF, backglass, ramps, and any other game specific parts and give me the BOM for the rest of the pinball parts and let me go to town building it myself.

#969 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure if you understand that those are all the parts that were the reason they needed 100 preorders and the cost was what it is?
Go try and price out the cost to get a custom mold for the ramps made and then to actually make the crystal clear ramps. I think there is a good reason you don't see AMH (or any small run game) with clear ramps. I don't think a small run heath kit option is any more feasible based on cost cutting cause those are the expensive parts. Labor to assemble was one of the cheaper things and lower obstacle in a project like this is my guess.

I'd be fine with whatever process was used for the current proto model ramps.

#972 9 years ago

If freeplay40 can make hundreds of clear ramps from his custom vacuum molds, i don't see why WOOLY can't.

1 week later
#1016 9 years ago

I'd like to piss of Kris again and say I'd buy a kit, leave the nuts and bolts to me, sell me the ramps, pf, decals, and anything else first party.

1 month later
#1086 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WHEN and WHERE can I play this next?
Are you guys coming to MGC?
You can cuddle up with me if you need a place to crash Frank

WHERE DID WOOLY GO?.. WAIT A MINUTE... WHERE DID WHYSNOW GO?

5 months later
#1211 8 years ago

Which 4 sets of parts were they?

#1219 8 years ago

This is good news as long as these pins make it out to events and such. Such a shame to lock these away

#1236 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

unfortunately there are no longer enough off the shelf parts available anywhere to build more

But... why won't anyone say what part is the one with only 4 left?

#1349 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Ever stop to think that maybe that's confidential information?

Not really.... its kind of a dick move to ask what part you bought the last 4 of on the planet... but you could have just said you're making 4 because you owed people a bunch of favors and don't want to make more that.

If the part really was impossible to find and needed to be totally redone.. maybe sharing that will suffice for a real answer instead of a vague reasoning behind only making 4.

3 weeks later
#1438 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the intent is to tell you, it was no properly dialed in and could have played much better than it did.

He built it himself, I'd expect a lot of dialing in needs to happen. Maybe the flipper strength is at the good enough level to avoid breaking amything?

2 weeks later
#1467 8 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

You probably already know, but it looks like Terry is making single drop targets as part of his new home-brew section.

Was that the super secret confidential part?

#1471 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

This guy! Can we get him a horse to beat instead?

Sorry, Kris. Just poking fun at how seriously confidential and silly it was to make 4 games.. tell people it was because there were only 4 parts left... and then get mad when someone asks what part it was.

3 weeks later
#1529 8 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I don't see how a kit is impossible, you just have to do it in a certain way in order to limit technical support. Everyone on here is talking about how you have to assemble all the parts into kits, make instructions, wiring kits, etc...that's not how I would go about it, I would do it how the kit car companies do it (which is way more complicated to build than a pinball machine). Basically provide the parts to do it cosmetically (ramps, playfields, boards, decals) and then just provide rough instructions and part numbers for everything else...i.e. supply game specific parts, no manufacturing, take away the technical support aspect. Make a builders forum, let users talk among themselves to figure things out. You are only on the hook if the part is defective. If you supply complete kits, then you're on the hook for everything...so take that out of the equation entirely.

PF, BG, ramps, plastics and a parts list. I totally agree.

1 year later
#1715 7 years ago

Its nice that its being updated, but thats a lot of work for 6 machines.

#1733 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I still love that few people actually know how many exist or where they are. I find it fun with all the guesses from people on whom the non-public owners are
I REALLY hope this makes it to production someday! I recently started putting more time on mine with new code and am having lots of fun exploring again. ColorDMD is goona be sweet!

Two Ten Eleven. Eyes, fingers, WOOLY?

#1752 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think most of those are now available at new sources

I think we argued about this before and how nobody would comment on the parts that were not available to buy.

#1754 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There is plenty of incentive to NOT tell people like you.
The current owners know what is hard to come by and most have likely located spares at this stage as they have come available from sources. I would never tell people as there is no upside to doing so and not real reason it should matter to them. It makes me question WHY you have always been so obsessed with trying to find out???

Ah, the old time machine problem. I might need 3 spares of a part that I probably wont install.. but I need the market to myself incase of reasons.

#1755 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There is plenty of incentive to NOT tell people like you.
The current owners know what is hard to come by and most have likely located spares at this stage as they have come available from sources. I would never tell people as there is no upside to doing so and not real reason it should matter to them. It makes me question WHY you have always been so obsessed with trying to find out???

I wouldn't say obsessed, I just feel like its just a bullshit detector going off. Can't make more than 6 machines because of random part that is secret.

#1784 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally think Heighway is the ONLY logical choice (after they get Aliens rolling).
WOOLY would be a perfect kit only machine for the wide body platform heighway is rolling with and Heighway has shown they have the skill to assemble a high quality machine that is jammed full of stuff. I personally would also love to see it with the induction based switches to further speed up the game (it is already super fast, but would be cool to be even faster )
Spooky has their hand full for the next many years with RZ at the 50% delivered mark, Dominoes will be the year after that, the next theme which everyone knows about and probably the worse kept secret in pinball, and then Ben's next game/ Spooky official #3.
If Spooky even decided to take it on, then we are probably talking 3 years out at best. Keep in mind no matter what, the game would need to reprogrammed on a new system. I sure hope Scott and Frank can find a way to make it feasible and also are able to make a truck load of money for the additional efforts it would take on top of what they have already done!

You don't think spooky will expand?

#1791 7 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Came looking for some sort of build announcement...all I got was more chatter about why/whynot the game will be built.

I feel like making a flow chart, because its always the same arguments and points on both sides.

#1800 7 years ago

Maybe if the game was actually available for pinball enthusiasts to play, it might get more people willing to buy. The 10 or so machines locked away in basements arn't doing anyone any good at getting it made.

#1806 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There are 6 games available to play and EVERY single one of them has been out in public at least once and most have been out in public more than once. I have invited numerous pinheads over to play that i have never met before, some have even reached out to me and I have had them over to check it out. From what I know, all the other owners have done the same on a regular basis. Have you ever even asked to play one, made connections with someone that has one, or just complain on a semi annual basis about this? You are fortunate enough that you have a few within a reasonable drive; that said with the way you specifically have been I am guessing few would care to invite you over and guys like you make people take caution towards inviting others over.
I am not sure what you expect?
How many times do they need to be at Expo for you to stop crying over and over and over... Seriously... largest pinball show and it was there multiple years in a row. If you cared to play it so much, there have multiple opportunities for you to do so. I am genuinely interested in what you are crying about and would finally satisfy you. Is there any realistic scenario to satisfy you, or do you just like to continually bring this up for the fun of it.
In case you did not realize there are also a few iterations of wooly as a virtual table last I checked (not sure if any of them have current layout or rules, but they will give you a chance to see the vibe at minimum).

Put it on route, bring it to level 257, bring it to SS, bring it to vegas... something!

#1820 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You want one of the owners to give their game to an operator in Chicago or LTG or PHOF?
I guess you dont have any realistic examples...

I thought another would be built or the owners weren't selfish...

#1827 7 years ago

How about this: Build two and auction one off. The auction could easily cover the parts for both machines sans labor. Use the other one as a test unit. Bam, problem solved.

#1850 7 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Interjecting with a couple of facts... Even at single-machine quantities, a P-ROC solution is nowhere near $1k. At production volumes, it's significantly less. As more and more MFGs design in P-ROC / P3-ROC, volume board prices go down even more. In sum, you'd be hard-pressed to find a control system solution with the capabilities most modern production games need for less than the P-ROC.
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

The unofficial spokesperson for wooly was wrong about the BOM? hmm.....

1 year later
#1933 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Mine is not on location but if you plan to visit France, just ask. Nemo is fairly rare as well!
I brought WOOLY to a pin show last year and will do it again.

I heard one will be at mgc this year

6 months later
#1975 5 years ago

Cpr can provide playfields and plastics for the wooly kit with their new process.

3 months later
#1988 5 years ago

Just make a kit that includes the playfield, translite, plastics and the parts BOM.

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Then only the complete cabinet is out.
That save you 20%.
Thats why nobody makes only playfields kits.

Not a playfield kit, just the playfield itself. The buyer will buy all posts, targets, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=lordloss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.