myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 10 years ago

Nice work... I wish you had done the predator art.

#68 10 years ago

Dude the fact that you made this in your garage blows my mind...the upper PF is genius. You should submit this as a resume to JJP or Stern. Very cool, only feedback would be the backglass art needs to be a little less comicy and more symetrical..I think it would be such a big part of the theme and it will forever be this pins calling card.

4 weeks later
#95 10 years ago

Wow great looking game...can you make the plastic ramps like look mountain foot paths?

Edit: I meant the ones on the back near the top playfield.

#103 10 years ago

It looks something that may have rolled off the B/W assembly line. Good show.

3 weeks later
#177 10 years ago

I will pony up for #7...................

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thanks to everyone who has been emailing me with their interest in this pin! Now that more of the Expo dust has settled, I thought I'd answer some quick questions and give some more background and info on next steps.
Last December when I decided to start this project I put together a schedule and wanted to have a machine ready for the Chicago Expo with a complete art package and working flippers and kickers so that people could get a feel for the shots and flow. A couple of rock star programmers came on board in the summer and not only were we able to get a machine flipping, but we got one with a ton of content with all the monster and god modes programmed, hurry ups, kickback, pandora's box targets and reward, ball saves, ZEUS targets and more - I was blown away with how much we were able to accomplish and show off.
and spread the word on WOOLY! The potential in this machine is amazing and I plan on doing everything in my power to make something that's nothing but spectacular.

Awesome man...it's amazing.

4 months later
#285 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I have a few questions about the machine for which after having skimmed the thread I didn't see answers. If Scott or anyone else could answer these that'd be great. If they're redundant a link would suffice!
1) The right orbit almost always feeds directly into the top of the rubber on the right sling. Intended?
2) Is the old (but great) Metallica a place holder? Will there be other/original music?
3) Is the voice over a place holder?
4) In the video it seems light on sound effects. More to come? Am I not hearing them due to compression?
5) Will the software be open source?
6) The translight is very cool for the style, it's just that style isn't exactly my thing. In the email I finally dug out from the depths of my junk folder, I see two possible. Any chance of a third, ever so slightly less cartoonish version?
7) The display right now is almost entirely number / text correct? Animations to come?
For me #2 through #4 above are very big deals. They are some of the reasons I'm still (with ever increasing effort) clinging to Predator. The game looks totally amazing, but for upwards of what, probably $8k+?, everything for me would need to be perfect, and the audio package right now is much less than that. The voice over sounds strained

You got some good ideas here....I second it except for the heavy metal music. I don't know which music would be better but metal just doesn't fit the theme.
If i may suggest an (not sure how much a ramp an drop target would complicate things) idea with the upper pf, by replacing the static target with drop targets that would let the ball pass through after you spell "Zeus"...sort of like the Shadow. The rule set is shaping up to be incredible, very nice pf and layout, best of luck.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.