myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 10 years ago

i will be there saturday. your machine is one of the BIGGEST reasons i am coming to expo this year. i love the theme and am really excited to see it in person.

#169 10 years ago

This was an amazing machine to see (and play). i really enjoyed the playfield artwork, layout and flow.

signed my name to the list and will be watching here for updates!

thanks scott

3 weeks later
#205 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When can I expect delivery????!!!!!????!!!!!

I am loving this game more and more!

Please bring it to MGC!

I agree. I like it a lot!

4 weeks later
#219 10 years ago

email sent. LOVE Greek Mythology and pinball!

10 months later
#536 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Lol. We actually had just as many people asking for MORE nudity as those asking for a family friendly version... Always two sides to the fence... I'm just glad we can offer both options.

that was me!

2 weeks later
#552 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

now that is "listening to your (potential) customers"

glad i am in on this pin!!!!

#554 9 years ago

First snow fall at my office today. Bump this thread to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Christopher

1 week later
#579 9 years ago

thanks for the update scott. as it gets colder outside i find myself inside playing more and more. can't wait to see WOOLY in the lineup!

2 weeks later
#616 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It is a shame but 8k is a lot of money for a game you won't see until 2016 at the earliest,

where did you get the 2016 from? from what i KNOW (and not guess) the creator of the machine stated 3Q of 2015.

1 week later
#656 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

just too hard to resist... I'm in!

welcome to the club!

#719 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Excuse my French, but I will go for the nude unlicensed version!

i agree. i am an adult. if you don't want your kids to see a naked woman, then i guess i will have one less kid in my house. I would like to put in a sad face for that comment, but that would be a lie.

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I am really on the fence about buying this. I think it's the coolest machine I've ever seen and has the potential to be greatest. But this would be a big investment and slightly risky for me. Would it be feasible to send a check for $1000 as a deposit and if you don't get the number needed, just send back the check. If the number is reached then cash it?

On another note, if you could change the music to what you desire, imagine if you could change the call outs and voices too. Riot Pinball couldn't sell Ralph Fiennes voice as Hades or Liam Neeson as Zues without their permission. But the owner could buy certain DVD'S and isolate sound bytes and save them to his computer, then download them to his machine. Would be damn cool to have their voices in there and you could pull their voices from movies other than Clash and Wrath of the Titans too. Or I could do my own voices through a synth, save and download. Just some food for thought.

this is from the email Scott sent out a while back. It specifically answers your two questions (deposit and sound bites) and a couple more.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What if I pay my $1000 and I decide I do not want to buy a WOOLY?
A: If you contact me requesting a refund of your $1000 before February 1st, 2015 your money will be refunded to you in a timely manner minus any fees incurred during the transaction.
Q: What if I pay all of the $4500 and I decide I do not want to buy a WOOLY?
A: If you contact me requesting a refund before February 1st, 2015 your money your money will be refunded to you in a timely manner minus any fees incurred during the transaction. If the request comes after February 1st, the deposit is no longer refundable and the request will be denied unless there are additional buyers after that time frame in which the deposit can be transferred.
Q: What happens if you don't get 100 buyers that pay the full $4500 by February 1st. 2015?
A: All monies collected from other buyers will be refunded minus any fees incurred during the transaction.
Q: Why are you making the payment process so difficult?
A: I want to lower your risk and mine. If we don't reach the minimum build order of 100 with the initial payment of $1000, that money is much easier to deal with and refund than the full $4500.
Q: How will you handle Warranty?
A: All parts will have a 6 month warranty. Buyer will pay shipping of defective parts back to Riot Pinball, which will then ship replacement parts.
Q: Will the software be open source?
A: Due to liability with the high voltage coils and a need to offer a warranty the code will not be open source. All code improvement suggestions can be sent to [email protected] and may be implemented in potential future software updates.
Q: I don't like the music and sound bites, can I change them?
A: Yes, the music and sound bites can be replaced by owners with their own sounds if they are technically capable. Riot Pinball will not be directly supporting this process and will not be responsible for changes to the machine made by the owner.
Q: Will the background music that is currently on the WOOLY prototypes be on the production models?
A: No. We will have original scores for the production version.
Q: Will the troll head as the HADES pop up be on the production model?
A: No. This will be a custom sculpted and formed HADES head.
Q: What will change from the prototype to the production?
A: Professional CNC'd ramps and mounting, production tooling for HADES and the Pandora's Box, and overall some more fine tuning of the shots and how items are secured to the playfield.
Q: What happens after the 6 month warranty period if I have an issue?
A: Technical support will still be maintained by Riot Pinball. Parts will also be available for purchase through Riot Pinball or online suppliers.
Q: What electrical components are driving WOOLY?
A: WOOLY will be controlled by the PROC system and their PD boards. A cubie computer will controll the PROC.
Q: Will there be coin mechanisms in the coin door?
A: Yes, US coin mechs will be included. However a bill acceptor will not be included.
Q: Will there be any updates to the code?
A: Most likely yes. We strive to have everything perfect for release but I'm sure there will be somethings that will come up that may require updating as well as overall improvements and potential additions to the code. Updates will be able to be easily done via the USB port on the cubie.
Q: Will the machine have a service menu to help me diagnose problems and change features?
A: Yes, the machine will have a full service menu for helping identify coil, lamp, flasher problems, etc. It will also allow for easy adjustment of game difficulty and content.
Q: Will the production machines be numbered?
A: Yes. If you have a special number request please include that in your payment and we will accommodate as best as we can.

#727 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

things like me immitating my best gravelly ritchie voice "Paly Better!"

what's a Paly?

just messing with you this morning.

#745 9 years ago

Posted this in the other thread, so I will post it here too.

Time for a little greek mythology. This is how I feel right now. I am being tantalize by this game. So close, yet so far away.

Tantalizing

Next time you’re tantalized by something you can’t have, just think of poor Tantalus and how miserable he must have been. Of course, he kind of brought his punishment upon himself. Tantalus was a half-god and half-nymph who was invited to dine at Zeus’ table in Olympus. He then stole ambrosia and nectar along with other secrets of the gods and brought them to the mortals. Later on, he offered his own son as a sacrifice to the gods and served him at a banquet. The gods learned of his plan and rebuilt the boy and brought him back to life, disgusted by Tantalus’ plan. As punishment for his misdeeds, Tantalus was forced to stand in a pool of water below a fruit tree with low-hanging branches. Whenever he would reach down to take a drink, the waters would recede and whenever he reached up to pluck some fruit, the branches would rise up out of his reach. Thus Tantalus spent the rest of eternity being tantalized by water and food that he could never have.

#756 9 years ago

I feel so great to be a part of this awesome project (as an investor in Riot Pinball and my future fun)

#807 9 years ago

2015 looks so great for my pin collection, not so great for my wallet. Might have to become a human test subject for some new hair revival medicine in order to fund my addiction... hope I don't spill any on my chest as I already have to use more shampoo there than on my head.

#866 9 years ago

quotes from a couple great authors

J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter series)

Of all the subjects on this planet, I think my parents would have been hard put to name one less useful than Greek mythology to securing the keys to an executive bathroom.

Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Heros of Olympus series)

The deeper I go into mythology, the more I find. I originally did five 'Percy Jackson' books. I thought that would cover Greek mythology and I couldn't have been more wrong. It's ever-expanding.

1 month later
#1046 9 years ago

I am still on board for this if it happens.

thanks for the update.

3 months later
#1179 8 years ago

why can i only give 1 thumbs up for your post Scott? it deserves so much more!

thanks for keeping this going.

1 month later
#1198 8 years ago

still waiting for the day that this gets the green light,

1 month later
#1456 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Great video, thanks for sharing. Beautiful game! I wish we could have heard the game sounds better though.

wish i could have played a little better. it felt like watching bambi walk for the first time. (yes, that was me playing the some of the time).

1 month later
#1486 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What's 10 times worse than a nightmare?

being in a room with Bryan Kelly after all the beer is gone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=kingpingames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.