myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Very cool, only feedback would be the backglass art needs to be a little less comicy and more symetrical..I think it would be such a big part of the theme and it will forever be this pins calling card.

Pssshh. The artwork on this game is all amazing. You shut your mouth.

1 month later
#112 10 years ago

Bad. Ass.

2 weeks later
#178 10 years ago

WOOLY was a blast to play. Totally astounding that a first shot build. Great work by the crew involved. Congrats guys!

10 months later
#449 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Who is doing the programming? Is it a secret ? (or did I missed prior information?)

That's Frank.

Frank_Cars.jpgFrank_Cars.jpg

3 months later
#599 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This is shameful folks! WOOLY was arguably the best game at expo. TBL got all the attention, but WOOLY was the shit. I certainly know there is pre-order fatigue (which I'm feeling on several fronts as well), but it will be a crime against humanity if this game doesn't get made because not enough people saw how good it will be.

I'm sure Scott could build a smaller number (if he was willing), they'd just have to cost a lot more money.

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure about others but the current price is all my pocketbook can handle and it will be PB&J for a while already

Yeah, I'm sure many buyers wouldn't want to stick with it at a higher price - but losing the discounts of scale would mean all the parts get more expensive, so if there are a handful that REALLY want it and can afford it, there's no reason it couldn't be built, as long as those people were willing to pay.

3 weeks later
#779 9 years ago

Someone mentioned once (not sure if it was Scott himself, but someone at expo) that Stern won't touch a run this small. If you're not making a thousand of them, they don't want to bother.

4 months later
#1135 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

When the time comes you can discuss price. Let's discuss the rules, shots, strategy, ie. the fun stuff

Not so much fun to discuss those details for people who haven't/can't play it. You've got a hefty advantage there.

2 months later
#1309 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For a small fee I am guessing they could buy the rights to a game like this and hire Frank to recode under their boardset/ code foundation while they are busy making tweaks and parts needed for a build.

Woo. That's a doozy. I can't see "small fee" and Frank re-writing the game in a new language on a new system going together at all.

#1315 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

What is so innovative on WOOLY? (honestly please answer this question)

Quoted from Whysnow:

A short list off the top of my head >>

[... bunch of things that are not "innovative" ...]

I don't think that means what you think it means.

#1348 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the conglomerate of what they have done is the MOST innovative game to be built in the past 20 years IMO.

Innovative means "featuring new methods; advanced and original" -- the "MOST innovative" game to be built is the P3. You're just trying to quantify cool -- and WOOLY is definitely cool. Just because something isn't innovative doesn't mean it isn't good.

I realize this is your cause of the week and you're just going to bullhorn your one track mind in everybody's face, so continuing to try to make this point is senseless, but I did it anyway. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

#1355 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is definitely the more creative thing in pinball by putting the screen in the pf. I would say a similar thing was done in SST with player feedback right in the pf, but that is just using your narrowly defined window of what is innovation.

Putting a screen in a game isn't innovative, tracking the ball absolutely anywhere in the lower 2/3 of the playfield is. Modular playfields that are auto-recognized by the system for changing games is. An 18 ball trough that can serve balls to multiple locations is.

Quoted from Whysnow:

On the whole is is obvious that WOOLY is very unique and lots of things that as a whole package make it stand out in the crowd.

Unique. Yes. Creative. Yes. AWESOME? Yes. My only quibble here is with your swinging around the 'innovative' term.

Quoted from Whysnow:

That is offensive and inflamatory I have been in love with this game for almost 2 years now, since I first played on the very first prototype!

Yeah, but you've been dormant on the subject until you got one.

2 months later
#1481 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Love the idea.
I guess the question and roadblock is how much would you pay for a kit?

The other roadblock is who would support that mess? I doubt Scott wants to write up a full assembly manual, or deal with calls from people who don't understand some part, or get something wrong. Sounds like an absolute nightmare.

#1508 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The code is now complete ...

I said that once. Gerry will never let me forget it.

1 year later
#1855 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Point being, aside from the PF and Cab that is the single largest cost

Sorry, this is just too good. "Aside from everything else that makes up the game, the electronics are the most expensive part"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.