myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1413 8 years ago

Will stern not sell drop target mechs like the one on Met? Is a person not allowed to buy parts in bulk from Stern or their distributors?

#1418 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Do you think Stern wants to help Indie pinball?

Yeah I figured as much.

1 year later
#1700 7 years ago

Color looks great. I now have an urge to play this for some reason.

Maybe they should make this a kit game to put together yourself. I'd be in for that.

#1704 7 years ago

Sell the populated playfield (or unpopulated with the parts), translite, and boards. That would cut down on costs significantly for us handy people.

#1712 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Now this deserves a color preview.

For sure. I would like to see the video. Will this be considered game 51 for ColorDMD?

#1714 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

technically it is #51.
I wish Randy had trolled us all with the hints pictures.

Oh yeah. I don't think anyone would have guessed this game.

#1717 7 years ago

Plus there's always the possibility for more to be made. A lot easier to sell a concept when it's finished.

#1723 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No offense intended, but all these people who are saying "just build it!", did you commit to a deposit when they asked for people to step up?
It's easy to armchair quarterback, but the reality is that they put together a business plan to make it happen, and people didn't support it. The community could have had it if they really wanted it.
Congrats to Frank and Scott, color really brings things to life.

True but I wasn't in the community when they were taking deposits. And 2 I want a BYOP. Probably wouldn't be in for a complete machine at $8k. Sorry.

Maybe it's time to try again though. Enough time has passed since the JPOP debacle tainted the water.

#1725 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Really...If American Pinball was smart they would look into some of these other games and strike up a practical deal.

I would be happy if people would quit mentioning them until they build something first. They need to prove they aren't just hot air.

I bet Spooky would build them with enough buyers. I think there's a connection already there.

#1750 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wasn't there some problem with getting a few parts, they couldn't find any more?

I've come to realize you can make anything in this hobby if you're determined enough.

#1776 7 years ago

It looks like I need to go to France.

#1778 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

or come to Madison.

Sure but, you know, I just need to go to France in general.

#1795 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A kit is the perfect answer

I would like a kit but a generic kit. Not a Heighway kit. It would be like the conversion kits of old that would fit in a certain style of cab. They could make it fit in a Stern or Williams cab. Playfield, boards, translite, with optional side art. It would give people the flexibility either to use an existing cab, build a cab on their own, or have someone build one for them. It would cut down on a lot of the manufacturing, material, and shipping cost. It could also be a nice jumpstart into making full games of their own like what Pinstar did for DE (I may be wrong there but it seems like a nice assumption).

#1808 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How many kits would really sell

You did mention earlier you hoped more people would get to own and play this machine. No matter how many would sell, a kit would add to that number.

Quoted from Whysnow:

15k gets you all the parts and the ten day experience of building you r own game from scratch.

No thank you. That doesn't sound good at all. For 15k, I get to put my own machine together and spend a week and half doing it.
I'd much rather they give me the kit and say good luck. I don't need any warranty and fully understand if I break something I have to pay for another piece to fix it. Conversion kits have been apart of arcade games and pins for a long time so this isn't something new.

#1836 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

They could release the virtual game and people playing could see if it was something they wanted to play in the physical world. One way to accomplish this is lugging the game all over the county, but releasing a virtual game would allow thousands of people to try it out and would raise cash. Money that could be used to fund conversion of code to P-ROC. Start a gofundme and people donating $20 would get a copy of the game based on current software.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I would pay for an updated virtual game! Would be cool to do a gofundme, but I would expect to be paying way more than $20 for the effort it would take to get it coded in a virtual world. I love this idea!

I like this idea too. If they could get it on Zen or TPA, that would raise a lot of awareness and a little capitol.

Quoted from T-800:

it is nice to read the suggestions.

Enthusiasm is always good.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.