myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1824 Reminder of original build plans. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Post #1829 Update that manufacturing options are still being considered. Posted by T-800 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoelOmatik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 10 years ago

Scott,

I am amazed at your accomplishments thus far on WOOLY. I am one of the many pinheads who attempted to build their own designs (I crudely drilled/routed a playfield and made a foamcore setup), but have come nowhere near you. I live down in Florida and would LOVE to see it at the APE or FPF next year! I understand it's a long haul from Minnesota, but it would be awesome if you were able to. I haven't been to expo since '07, but I will try to make it this year to play it in person. Hopefully Stern or JJP can help mass-produce it!

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Awesome, awesome work, Great talent. The most impressive thing to me other than the fact that you can bring together so many different talents to make a design that WORKS is that you can design a playfield where the shots don't feel clunky and forced, and that the player stays engaged because the ball can keep moving.
Already I'm thinking of a playfield mod:
What about Greek columns for the upper playfield? Little marble columns holding up Zeus' temple.
Love it and will keep tabs on it. Maybe you could tap an investor (like a BIG investor) for a medium sized run.... ( > 500)

Good idea. But the Greek columns must be made of real marble and be part of the LE Supreme Godly edition

#233 10 years ago

I'd love to see (as well as others) a Facebook page showing the WOOLY process from start to its current stage, if your busy schedule permits!

1 month later
#294 10 years ago

Scott,

I have a friendly suggestion re: the ball entrance from shooter lane into bottom R flipper lane. I notice the ball tends to slightly bounce around on the one-way gate before entering the R flipper lane. If you look at games like AFM and MM, the ball goes up a small ramp out of the shooter lane and onto playfield (The ramp is roughly a 5/8" incline). Then, it smoothly rolls off the edge of said ramp, (after hitting jet bumpers a few times) back down right orbit, and into lower playfield area.

Maybe insert a small, short ramp like this for more smoothness? The edge/drop off of the ramp can be curved so the ball just swooshes around a small arc, and into R return lane (think of the curved pyramid/idol return lane on IJ). Not saying what you currently have isn't good, but it may help your already great layout just a bit more

#296 10 years ago

I have to make a correction. I watched the video again and the ball return/gate seems smooth enough. Must've had a brain fart. Anyways, WOOLY looks great. Whysnow is right. Follow your desire, it's what the Gods would want Carry on!

3 weeks later
#323 10 years ago

That Pandora's Box ball lock looks cool.

#339 10 years ago

Absolutely kickass, Scott!

1 week later
#363 9 years ago

Scott,

I could've sworn that was something peeing on the match sequence! If time permits, can you show a separate video showing the DMD and backglass lighting effects together?

#366 9 years ago

Cool, thanks. Looks great. I like how you choreographed the bg lights to synch with the mode's characters!

1 month later
#398 9 years ago

I also see a Predator playfield. It's great that Spooky is helping you, and that independent pin companies support each other!

2 weeks later
#405 9 years ago

I'm digging the speaker panel. Everything looks amazing. Question, how did you cut and make brackets for the metal ball guides?

#411 9 years ago

I just had a crazy idea: Make a LE version of the speaker panel with the same design, sculpted out of Greek marble. It may add freight costs to shipping, but what the heck

#413 9 years ago

I just realized you changed the Escape gate/right return lane to a smooth metal blend. I like it! Looks like a souped-up Fathom return lane. How does the shooter wireform work? Does it stop just above the upper R flipper, to set up a skill shot upstairs, or does it go elsewhere?

2 months later
#471 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Can you or someone record the seminar so us unfortunate ones that are not there can listen?!

I second that.

1 week later
#483 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Behold! The "Immortal Combo!" Pinball's first 9 consecutive unique shot combo.
First person to complete the immortal combo at the Chicago Pinball Expo wins a free Wrath of Olympus Translite!
Shots:
1.Left flipper to right orbit,
2.Mid left flipper to safe escape orbit,
3.Right flipper to left ramp,
4.Left flipper to right ramp,
5.Right flipper to left orbit,
6.Right flipper to medusa orbit,
7.Mid right flipper to upper orbit,
8.Mid right flipper to upper ramp,
9.Left flipper to VUK.

Crocodile Dundee looks at AFM's 5-way combo and STTNG's Picard combo, then says "That's not a combo, THAT'S a combo!"

3 months later
#910 9 years ago

Although I wasn't originally buying a WOOLY, it's sad to hear the building won't happen. I hope Scott and Riot can figure out another business plan to give it another shot in the future. The game looks incredible.

9 months later
#1604 8 years ago

I'm happy I got to play WOOLY and meet the Riot design team. What an awesome game! And the music is epic! I forgot the band name, but it sounds like a soundtrack you'd hear in movies like Gladiator or 300. It fit wonderfully. I hope you guys sell a bunch of these!

1 month later
#1669 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

WOOLY should have big, booming voices like God of War, Clash of the Titans or Hercules. It should feel like the power of the gods is barely contained in the cabinet, waiting to burst out.

I agree 1000%. I LOVE the sounds from God of War from the PS consoles. There's a particular female voice who provides narration, and it sounds f'ing awesome. Forgot her name. Another awesome voice actor is David Wenham from the 300 films. If you can find a voice actor with his type of gravitas, that would be so badass. I loved the new music I heard at Expo, you guys should definitely seek voicework with equal badassery!

#1671 8 years ago

I'm not saying to get actual celebrities, but find affordable voice actors who can still provide fitting voice samples.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoelOmatik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development?tu=JoelOmatik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.