2 (resized).jpg
skillshot-scanlines (resized).PNG
myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 41.
#351 9 years ago

super cool pin, I admire your effort... Can't wait to play it in Allentown !

#352 9 years ago

Looking great! Any thoughts on switching over to the BenHeck board prior to production?

I have no idea how that would impact coding, but I do know the board appeared well thought out and was very fairly priced.

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looking great! Any thoughts on switching over to the BenHeck board prior to production?
I have no idea how that would impact coding, but I do know the board appeared well thought out and was very fairly priced.

I actually talked with Ben about this at length during MGC this year. To change over the "brains" would be extensive and a massive overhaul as the programming languages between the two are not compatible. With the success of the P-Roc and its years of satisfied end user testing I'm pretty sure were sticking with that. The cost savings at this point are not justifying the extra time that would be required to recode WOOLY - this time IMO is better spent delivering the best knockout software package possible at release.

#354 9 years ago

Are you kidding? Frank and Wooly are going to be at Allentown!? Why couldn't he post this on the P-ROC forums weeks ago... I'd have changed my plans to make sure I could have made it down.

If I help Frank get color rocking could I get a coupon code for a discounted purchase?

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Are you kidding? Frank and Wooly are going to be at Allentown!? Why couldn't he post this on the P-ROC forums weeks ago... I'd have changed my plans to make sure I could have made it down.
If I help Frank get color rocking could I get a coupon code for a discounted purchase?

Lol. Sorry, been keeping the updates primarily here on pinside. Ixna on the coupona as WOOLY will be old school 16 shades of red. I like it the simplicity of the traditional DMD look. . You should still make every effort you can to come check it out!

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ok, here is a new flyover I just shot in HD.

Gorgeous!

#357 9 years ago

Everything is looking fantastic... like a big-boy pin.

#358 9 years ago

Can't wait to play it tomorrow night!!

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Can't wait to play it tomorrow night!!

Well we will arrive bright and early FRIDAY morning, so you can play it then Thanks for the interest.

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Lol. Sorry, been keeping the updates primarily here on pinside.

Meanwhile Frank is over in the P-Roc forums getting help from Mocean, me and others. I guess we should beat up on him for not sharing the info (although I knew from talking with you at MGC, so Mocean, sorry I guess I could have let you know as well, I keep forgetting your east coast, not west coast)

#361 9 years ago

Some more videos in preparation for Allentown tomorrow - how many pins do you know of that offer more than one match animation? I know it seems trivial, but I really like when you finish a game and get to see a decent match effect, kinda makes draining on that last ball feel not quite so bad. Anyway, we'll have two ready at Allentown and a few more in the works that will randomly selected on game end.

Cerberus Peeing on a Rock:

Cronus - Titan God of Time and the Ages:

There's also a video showing off more of the DMD aspect of the game. Again all of these animations were hand made from custom drawn art - takes a bit more time than extracting from movie footage but I think it gives it a good 90's vibe like the rest of the game... Enjoy!

#363 9 years ago

Scott,

I could've sworn that was something peeing on the match sequence! If time permits, can you show a separate video showing the DMD and backglass lighting effects together?

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Scott,
I could've sworn that was something peeing on the match sequence! If time permits, can you show a separate video showing the DMD and backglass lighting effects together?

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Some more videos in preparation for Allentown tomorrow - how many pins do you know of that offer more than one match animation? I know it seems trivial, but I really like when you finish a game and get to see a decent match effect, kinda makes draining on that last ball feel not quite so bad. Anyway, we'll have two ready at Allentown and a few more in the works that will randomly selected on game end.
Cerberus Peeing on a Rock:
» YouTube video
Cronus - Titan God of Time and the Ages:
» YouTube video
There's also a video showing off more of the DMD aspect of the game. Again all of these animations were hand made from custom drawn art - takes a bit more time than extracting from movie footage but I think it gives it a good 90's vibe like the rest of the game... Enjoy!
» YouTube video

Helmet looks great on the field and super cool when it gets lit from below! The animations are cool too. This pin is going to be such an achivement!

The Ramstein loop could have a cleaner repeat point as I find the rhythm change jarring every time (but then I'm a Ramstein junkie) , and it's kind of hard to hear the call outs (could totally just be the recording though).

#366 9 years ago

Cool, thanks. Looks great. I like how you choreographed the bg lights to synch with the mode's characters!

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Helmet looks great on the field and super cool when it gets lit from below! The animations are cool too. This pin is going to be such an achivement!
The Ramstein loop could have a cleaner repeat point as I find the rhythm change jarring every time (but then I'm a Ramstein junkie) , and it's kind of hard to hear the call outs (could totally just be the recording though).

Yeah, we still have quite a bit of work to do on the audio side getting levels all fine tuned and sounding right. As for the other music looping, we're not really too worried about that right now as the final manufactured pin won't have that copyrighted material in there.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yeah, we still have quite a bit of work to do on the audio side getting levels all fine tuned and sounding right. As for the other music looping, we're not really too worried about that right now as the final manufactured pin won't have that copyrighted material in there.

Now will this be opened source so we can put that copyrighted music back in ourselves because I love how its setup now

-Jim

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Some more videos in preparation for Allentown tomorrow - how many pins do you know of that offer more than one match animation?

I think a few of them do many small changes for adult mode on or off.

#370 9 years ago

Played a few games on this. GREAT pin! Lots of stuff to do ...with more to be added!

IMG_3086.JPGIMG_3086.JPG
#371 9 years ago

Got do play a quick game at Allentown. So much fun, so much different than anything else on the floor. You guys have really made something unique.

#372 9 years ago

I really enjoyed playing the game too and loved that you were there to talk about it and share details on it. I too loved the music on it and hope you find a way to keep it or have something similar. Game has a fun layout and I think that mini upper playfield will be unique and really had a fun element to this game. Allentown9flip.jpgAllentown9flip.jpg

#373 9 years ago

Very nice job guy's, amazing looking machine!

I am happy the under-cab lighting held up through all the transportation and hope it performed well at the show. This was an interesting and cool project thanks for giving us the opportunity to make the under-cab kit. Glad there was no issues creating this with the P-Roc boards. Please shoot me a video when you decide to put the second kit on this I am very excited to see it.

Chris
Rock Custom Pinball

#374 9 years ago

Really glad I got to check this out in person and get a game in. Would have liked to played more to get deeper into the rules, but didn't want to hog the game. Looked and played great. The real life prototype is better, IMO, than the Visual Pinball version that was used to initially lay it all out.

#375 9 years ago

Are the odds still 0% of a visit to PAGG?
-mof

#376 9 years ago

Played thus at Allentown and loved it. Great art work. Very fun and challenging.

#377 9 years ago

Played this at Allentown. I was quite impressed. Beautiful artwork and thanks for answering questions and giving us an insight into the rules. My name is on the list. Look forward to hearing more.

#378 9 years ago

Wow! What an exciting weekend for Wrath of Olympus at Pinfest in Allentown this year! Big thanks to everyone that stopped by to play WOOLY - the machine was running non-stop for 10 hours on Friday and another 11 on Saturday. Over 200 games were played this past weekend - that's over 1000 games now total on this PROTOTYPE! This hand built machine still has all the original coils, switches, targets, plastics, and electronics from when we first revealed it - I'd say we have a pretty solid machine with solid electronics. Makes me very confident in the robustness of the P-ROC system and the quality parts I'm getting from my vendors.

It was also nice to see that game times ranged greatly as well -it's tough to design a pinball machine that's not too easy or too hard, I think WOOLY has done a great job of finding the sweet spot. The Grand Champion spot for the weekend was set at 171 million and apparently was a real treat to watch them play. They did a great job of strategically and methodically going through the game and capitalizing on the big points at the right time - it was great to see them play through the game as intended for the skilled player - setting up your 2X bonus shots, building your hurry ups and modes, setting up Fates 2X scoring and then smoking the heck out of the big shots. It was also really refreshing to have all the beginner pinball players step up and have a great time playing it and learning what to do relatively quickly. The hurry-ups are all pretty self explanatory and other than knowing you need to hit a few of the lightning targets to light the mode start, the rest is seems to be straight-forward for most people.

Overall, I was really happy to hear the game ran and played so smoothly We have a couple of minor trough issues yet to deal with but that's primarily due to the old style trough and hand made switch assembly on the first prototype. WOOLY2 will have a newer style ball trough with built in switches and optos for a simpler, more robust build.

I'd like to send a quick thank you out to Chris at rockcustompinall who graciously provided a hand-made undercab lighting kit that he seemlessly had wired to just connect with our P-ROC system. This bad-boy was tied in with the mode lights and flashers and provided some really cool ground lighting effects during gameplay. Also a big thanks to Cointaker for supplying the LEDs that lit up this pin so nicely.

After this weekend, we got another large group of people on the "list" - as usual, if you'd like to show your interest in WOOLY and be tuned in for updates and possibly owning one of these pins someday please email me at [email protected]

Next stop - the second, new and improved WOOLY prototype at the Chicago Pinball Expo in October! Hope to see you there.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Next stop - the second, new and improved WOOLY prototype at the Chicago Pinball Expo in October! Hope to see you there.

Still not able to get you to come to Madison the weekend of Sept 13 for the big local charity event?

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Still not able to get you to come to Madison the weekend of Sept 13 for the big local charity event?

Working on it... unfortunately those weekends are typically spent in the north woods hunting, fishing, and clearing the clutter from the brain for a while. Will also depend on the status of WOOLY2. Not sure when you need an official yes from, but I won't really know that until more like August....

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Working on it... unfortunately those weekends are typically spent in the north woods hunting, fishing, and clearing the clutter from the brain for a while. Will also depend on the status of WOOLY2. Not sure when you need an official yes from, but I won't really know that until more like August....

August would be fine for a commitiment. Glad to hear there is a chance! Fingers crossed it can happen.

We pride ourselves on hvaing unique and new/different games for MRP. It is a really different sort of event and typically has some cool oddball games along with a GREAT group of people. It is also means you get to play in the event along with everyone else.

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I really enjoyed playing the game too and loved that you were there to talk about it and share details on it. I too loved the music on it and hope you find a way to keep it or have something similar. Game has a fun layout and I think that mini upper playfield will be unique and really had a fun element to this game.

I agree completely, I was very impressed.

#383 9 years ago

Based on the videos I saw, one seldom reaches the upper plateau (which looks cool !).
Is the ramp shot from the upper right flipper the only way to get there?

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Based on the videos I saw, one seldom reaches the upper plateau (which looks cool !).
Is the ramp shot from the upper right flipper the only way to get there?

Yes - the upper ramp is the only way to get there. The frequency of reaching Olympus all depends on your skill level. Ascension to Mount Olympus was intentionally designed not to be an easy feat, however with a little practice it's not overly difficult either. Granted I have a bit of time on WOOLY; I can typically reach the upper playfield at least once a ball on the current prototype. The next build will have stronger flippers and a few other adjustments to put the ball on the flipper more precisely which should make achieving this shot more consistently. Reaching the heights of the gods has its rewards though - multiball, lighting locks to start another multiball and a good chunk of points. I will say, when you do make the shot, it feels really damn good.

If I had to draw a level of difficulty comparison, I would say that this ramp shot is similar to TRON's upper ramp shot or even like the new Star Trek ramp shot while trying to hit the ball on the fly. Both of which take some practice IMO to do very often.

#385 9 years ago

Had a blast playing it at Allentown and speaking with you. Can't wait to still this come to full frutation. Keep up the good work.

-Jim

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

how many pins do you know of that offer more than one match animation?

Well, thinking of it, Star Trek offers (at least) two. But both are relatively bad...

1 month later
#387 9 years ago

Hello everyone! Been a while, but I have some good news to post. Tomorrow I will be picking up our brand spanking new playfields for the next WOOLY build and retrofitting the old. Combine those with the precision cut ball guides, laser cut-professionally printed plastics, CNC'd ramp forms (still for prototype purposes at this time) and we're looking really good to have a "production" level looking machine ready for Expo this year.

Along with that we've been busy adding lots of new software and tweaking the existing software for improved gameplay. Most notably we've added a few more mini modes that are accessed by specific shots to targets on the playfield which will start hurry ups without having to begin one of the monster or god modes - we've found this really helps make the game more fun for the casual player who hasn't learned the rule set and that just wants to bang away at the machine but still have some fun things to go for. One of my favorites which will be fully realized on the next prototype is the "O-L-Y-M-P-U-S" loop that once spelled will cause Hades to pop up out of the playfield and require bashing back down to the underworld (right now the place holder is the right ramp). We also replaced the hand made trough that managed to get WOOLY through a whole year of game play and two major shows but has gone the way of the dodo and replaced with modern trough system. As always, we're continuing to debug software (it's by no means perfect), add depth to the game, working on audio and sound, and most importantly discovering ways to make the game even more fun to play.

If you're interested in getting on the "interested" list in a potential production run of these machines or just want to be in the loop on announcements please email me at [email protected]

100_0893.JPG100_0893.JPG

#388 9 years ago

Thanks for the news!
...which I reposted on our French forum.
Looking forward to the next prototypes gameplay.

#389 9 years ago

Damn! Top shelf you guys.

#390 9 years ago

Looking GREAT! This is the ONLY reason i will be going to expo.

#391 9 years ago

Been playing this title more on my Hyperpin. I must say it has a unique but excellent layout. Like the deep upper right flipper with BK2K type shots. Also really like the upper PF. I assume there is different music in the production game than the virtualpin table. If not "TOOL"

This game looks great wish I had money and space to buy all of them.

#392 9 years ago

Looking great guys.I played this game at Allentown. Lots of fun and looks great.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Been playing this title more on my Hyperpin. I must say it has a unique but excellent layout. Like the deep upper right flipper with BK2K type shots. Also really like the upper PF. I assume there is different music in the production game than the virtualpin table. If not "TOOL"
This game looks great wish I had money and space to buy all of them.

If Scott decides to produce, which we all obviously hope to hell he does, there's going to be at least one in the PNW.

#394 9 years ago

It is America’s Most Haunted playfield in photo (left back ?)

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Yes.

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

according to spooky's facebook page, yes
spooky_olympus.jpgspooky_olympus.jpg

#397 9 years ago

Yup, that Spooky Pinball does some INCREDIBLE work. Very lucky Charlie was able to slip my project inbetween all the other work he's churning out. Great guy with a great business.

#398 9 years ago

I also see a Predator playfield. It's great that Spooky is helping you, and that independent pin companies support each other!

2 weeks later
#399 9 years ago

Hey everybody, quick update on the next build. After travelling for work I finally got a couple of good days to put some time into the next prototype build. Below are some pics of the progress. Hoping to have my ramps finished by next week and then get everything wired up. Was really helpful having another whitewood machined to test fit ball guides and see how everything is matching up in the cab. As always if you're interested in more info on WOOLY please email me at [email protected]

photo 4 (4).JPGphoto 4 (4).JPGphoto 4 (3).JPGphoto 4 (3).JPGphoto 3 (4).JPGphoto 3 (4).JPGphoto 3 (3).JPGphoto 3 (3).JPGphoto 2 (6).JPGphoto 2 (6).JPGphoto 1 (9).JPGphoto 1 (9).JPGphoto 1 (8).JPGphoto 1 (8).JPGphoto 1 (7).JPGphoto 1 (7).JPGimage.jpegimage.jpegimage (5).jpegimage (5).jpegimage (4).jpegimage (4).jpegimage (3).jpegimage (3).jpegimage (2).jpegimage (2).jpegphoto 5 (1).JPGphoto 5 (1).JPG

100_0893.JPG100_0893.JPG
#400 9 years ago

lookin great!

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.