Topic Stats

• 2,001 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by colonel_caverne
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 141 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A6D2F34C-5219-415E-B14B-E41E85469D3F (resized).jpeg
3B4749FD-EF38-45E7-936F-485FAB141821 (resized).jpeg
A0E51E9E-C95B-49D4-A5CD-F205B96D1C60 (resized).jpeg
23BEA369-95E3-4F6A-A448-1FCE91CCEB14 (resized).jpeg
1AA49BBC-FC3B-463F-85DA-CD3C6FEB623D (resized).jpeg
C33FDF88-105D-42DB-B056-9E182000A0EF (resized).jpeg
IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
15 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
skillshot-scanlines (resized).PNG
myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2001 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 41.
#151 5 years ago

I can't believe I did not really dig in to this thread till now!!!

Thanks for the info. I need to start looking into P-roc stuff, but it honestly scares the crap out of me. Programming is the scary part to me at this point!!!

I already have the theme and have started writing the ruleset. I have a rough playfield idea and plan to start using Nordman core (foam core poster board) to start mocking some stuff up in the next year. I have honestly been hoping that new products will come out to some how magically make the programming capable of a dummy I know it is not going to happen and I just need to dive in and face my fears.

I guess one important question, what would you have done differently from the start up to this point if you could start over from square one?

#152 5 years ago

Funny thing is that my kids are into the Percy Jackson book right now...and are learning a big of mythology in the process. They'd probably love this game. Not a slam dunk like Harry Potter, but this is really awesome.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

-Ramps were also all designed in 3D CAD and used to generate 2D line drawings of their profile. I used those as templates on 2x12 pieces of wood to make forms. Those forms were then used on a vacuum thermoformer and then hand cut to final size. They turned out pretty well for hand made prototype parts. If I wanted to abuse Mameman I may have asked him to CNC the forms as well, but the shapes were pretty easy to just cut by hand.

Yeah was a lot of fun working on this project, let's try the ramp molds on the cnc for the next one

#154 5 years ago

So, I think I may have hit a new pinball record last night playing WOOLY... I can't think of any other pinball machine out there that has this many unique shots (i.e. not hitting the same shot twice) all done on the fly without ever stopping the ball or having to do a flipper pass -

Here's my nine shot, on the fly combo finishing to a VUK drop to start a mode -
1. Right oribt via lower left flipper
2. Pandora orbit via middle left flipper
3. Left ramp via lower right flipper
4. Right ramp via lower left flipper
5. Left orbit via lower right flipper
6. Middle orbit via lower right flipper
7. Upper oribt via middle right flipper
8. Upper ramp via middle right flipper
9. Center VUK shot via lower left flipper.

Anyone know of any existing pinball machines with this many unique shots without a single shot being duplicated with each one bringing the ball back to a controlled position on the flipper?? ( I think LOTR comes close - but is broken up with VUKs - right orbit, right ramp, left ramp, center ramp, gandalf orbit, left orbit into tower kicker... maybe the shadow?

#155 5 years ago

That is some serious flow! And I still want one of these damnit!

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

So, I think I may have hit a new pinball record last night playing WOOLY... I can't think of any other pinball machine out there that has this many unique shots (i.e. not hitting the same shot twice) all done on the fly without ever stopping the ball or having to do a flipper pass -
Here's my nine shot, on the fly combo finishing to a VUK drop to start a mode -
1. Right oribt via lower left flipper
2. Pandora orbit via middle left flipper
3. Left ramp via lower right flipper
4. Right ramp via lower left flipper
5. Left orbit via lower right flipper
6. Middle orbit via lower right flipper
7. Upper oribt via middle right flipper
8. Upper ramp via middle right flipper
9. Center VUK shot via lower left flipper.
Anyone know of any existing pinball machines with this many unique shots without a single shot being duplicated with each one bringing the ball back to a controlled position on the flipper?? ( I think LOTR comes close - but is broken up with VUKs - right orbit, right ramp, left ramp, center ramp, gandalf orbit, left orbit into tower kicker... maybe The Shadow?

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Hard part about projects like these is understanding how much money you want to spend on what part of it and whether or not it's worth it (I probably could have had all my ball guides, ramps, etc. made professionally for a few thousand bucks, but the hand made stuff IMO looks about 90-95% as nice and was dirt cheap). You'll find you'll sink enough of your hard earned money into just the wire, fasteners and other "stock" pinball parts - There's probably close to $3K in just parts into this custom build (you can do the math on cost for just flippers alone - $50 for a flipper assembly through marcospecialties x 6 flippers (actually a little (lot) cheaper at pinballlife...). Granted I certainly didn't get a "volume" discount on the stuff, but it's easy for me to see why pins cost as much as they do these days (especially when you factor in all of the intensive hand labor and testing that goes into each and every pinball build).

God, ain't i the truth! There's also usually a big quantity discount difference buying 500 of something vs just 5... but why by 500 flippers when just creating a single prototype
The game continues to look great man! And congrats on the baby- The first 6 months is the hardest part, after that it gets a little easier

#158 5 years ago

Today I head off to Chicago for the EXPO! Woo-hoo! Really looking forward meeting all of you that have followed this thread and are interested and excited to see WOOLY - can't wait to show it off! Just swing by the Multimorphic booth and check it out - I'll be the tall, bald dude with the handle bar mustache. Let me know what you think and if you'd be interested in seeing more than just one of these works of art get made!

Also, if you like my art on WOOLY, check out Multimorphic's P3 prototype cab - it'll be sporting cabinet and translite art I did for their Cosmic Cart Racing game.

See you on Thursday - if you see me walking around the show don't hesitate to say hi to just bull shit or talk to me about my project. I'd love to hear about any projects you may have and give you any pointers or answer questions.

photo (1).JPG

#159 5 years ago

i will be there saturday. your machine is one of the BIGGEST reasons i am coming to expo this year. i love the theme and am really excited to see it in person.

#160 5 years ago

Hi - any picture, feedback or videos from the Expo ?

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Quick update - game ran non-stop the entire 4 hours we were exhibiting on Thursday and Friday (last) night. Taking a break this morning but will have the game back on just after noon today for its last four hour marathon session. Game has performed wayyyyyu beyond my expectations for a one up prototype getting hammered on by all these pinball players.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I played this game at EXPO on Thursday night. It was an awesome surprise. I had looked
forward to the Matrix most, but the Matrix was a reworked JM (albeit stunning in appearance). WOOLY was really great. I loved the left loop shot to the upper right flipper to the upper playfield (even though I couldn't make it). The art was terrific. Lots of shots and great rules with a great theme. I am hoping these guys decide to make 5 or 10 of these. I would be in for one if it didn't break the bank. Playing this game was worth the drve and $25 for EXPO.

Best,

Jim Tracy

#163 5 years ago

WOOLY was the HIGHLIGHT of expo this year!

Scott is super nice, the game is amazing at this stage and will get polished over time. I am in for #5!!! He was starting a list to see if there was interest and hands down this game layout and shots (even with purposefully powered down flippers) was A M A Z I N G !!!!!

If anyone has not made it over to play, DO IT TODAY! SIgn Up now!

WOW is all I can say.

My advice to Scott >> don't start thinking about production at this stage. Keep your focus on this being YOUR 1 of a kind game and polish it to glory before putting any effort to production. We have all seen the error of ways of other boutique pin manufacturers trying to jump on turning their passion into a money making business too early.

Keep a list of names, but other than that just keep on plugging along on getting things all polished to a 'final' product before shifting gears to a production model. As you said, you have the advantage on development to be a 1 man operation for the decision making. Please dont loose that focus by stealing your own time to work on business side crap. WOOLY has the potential to be one of the best games to come to life in forever! Truly amazing game!

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Scott is super nice, the game is amazing at this stage and will get polished over time. I am in for #5!!!

I am in too then! Don't care if #6 or 999... but definitively in...

#165 5 years ago

Scott will you marry me?

#166 5 years ago

I've already said it but if there is a list, even a kit I want in. I would take this over a MM!

#167 5 years ago

Wish I could have seen this in person...This look amazing. Very nicely executed...and looks like a ton of fun. I gotta say the flow and gameplay looks better than anything on todays NIB market. Would hope to see this one make it to the Louisville Arcade Expo in March. Congrats man...you just officially blew me away

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Yes. I'd like to see some video of this.

#169 5 years ago

This was an amazing machine to see (and play). i really enjoyed the playfield artwork, layout and flow.

signed my name to the list and will be watching here for updates!

thanks scott

#170 5 years ago

This was definitely my favorite of the PROC machines this year. The guys were really nice when I would see them around the expo too. T-800 shook my hand after he watched me get Grand Champion on the Champion Pub in the free-play area.

#171 5 years ago

Nice game the changes from the VP table are cool!

#172 5 years ago

Got a chance to flip this yesterday and meet Scott, definitely an amazing project. Seeing it go from virtual to real was a great journey, he should be super proud of it.

#173 5 years ago

Awesome game! Played it Thursday Friday and Saturday. Played a few decent games on it. Scotts is a great guy and definetly can build a great pin with his team that helped. Game had great flow felt good shots were mostly clean was just my playing not making most. With the flipper power turned up would be great can understand not wanting to break stuff. I made the mini playfield first time I played it wasn't ready and drained right out sad face. Was also first for weekend to make the mission start whole from the left mid uper flipper. I was wearing red bandana all weekend proably know who I am. Great machine impressed me more than Matrix and Ben Hecks game

#174 5 years ago

Please bring this to the Southern Fried Expo in June 2014! Please!!!

#175 5 years ago

I agree with Shimoda, bring two

#176 5 years ago

Played the game at expo, what a treat. The game exceeded all expectations. Loved the upper ramp shot, felt really good hitting it then firing away at the Zeus targets. Well done guys!

#177 5 years ago

I will pony up for #7...................

#178 5 years ago

WOOLY was a blast to play. Totally astounding that a first shot build. Great work by the crew involved. Congrats guys!

#179 5 years ago

Scott, getting to play Wrath was the highlight of Expo for me this year. (last year was CCC). Beautiful art, neat rule set, lots of cool stuff on the playfield.
Great job!
Wally

#180 5 years ago

WOW - What an amazing expo experience!! It was so much fun to meet so many of you and just really cool to watch everyone play the game and see their excitement. I could not be happier with the overwhelming positive response to my hand built pinball machine. It was very satisfying to see all that hard work enjoyed and appreciated by so many incredible people. Big thanks to everyone that stopped by to play and to chat about pinball; it was really refreshing to see that energy.

The reaction at expo was truly amazing - so many people told me they want to see this project taken to the next level. Based on that, I had the opportunity to take down a large number of names for those interested in possibly owning one of their own some day. I've also heard a lot of excitement around this pin on other boards and from other people who were not able to make expo.

So, if you're interested in seeing this become a reality and were not able to sign-up at expo, email me @ scott.gullicks@gmail.com or send me a PM to get yourself on the priority list. This is completely informal, but will give me a good idea of the real energy around this pin.

This weekend was incredible - I look forward to the path ahead...

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Scott will you marry me?

Lol! Maybe when you make Scarface a real pin!!! I still fire that pin up EVERY time I play my pincab.

#182 5 years ago

Scott, thx for the guided tour and playing time at Expo. Great game, played well, looked really polished. The upper loop is tough (I never made that shot!) and also never made it to the small upper pf. Lots of stuff in th eame and it looks like a production machine. Kudos!

#183 5 years ago

The skill shot is as hard as the super ones on other games.

#184 5 years ago

I also played this pin at the expo. I was impressed, the artwork was great and the game played well even tho I was unable to get to the top level. Great job!

#185 5 years ago

Looks fantastic! Do you have plans to take WOOLY to more shows?

#186 5 years ago

PLEASE BRING IT TO MGC!!!

#187 5 years ago

Played it and liked it a lot. Frankly it's more appealing to me than Star Trek or WOZ. Maybe you could sell it as a kit to make it easier to get to market.
Don C.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Lol! Maybe when you make Scarface a real pin!!! I still fire that pin up EVERY time I play my pincab.

I don't have the knowledge or the resources, but since you are marrying me if i do it, i will probably try some day

Why in the hell was i born on the other side of the ocean... i want to try the real wooly!!!

#189 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone who has been emailing me with their interest in this pin! Now that more of the Expo dust has settled, I thought I'd answer some quick questions and give some more background and info on next steps.

Last December when I decided to start this project I put together a schedule and wanted to have a machine ready for the Chicago Expo with a complete art package and working flippers and kickers so that people could get a feel for the shots and flow. A couple of rock star programmers came on board in the summer and not only were we able to get a machine flipping, but we got one with a ton of content with all the monster and god modes programmed, hurry ups, kickback, pandora's box targets and reward, ball saves, ZEUS targets and more - I was blown away with how much we were able to accomplish and show off.

Now that I know I have a working pin with a great layout and flow it's time for me to move forward with my next BIG plans. These steps involve adding the different multi-ball modes (ZEUS, Pandora, etc.), flashers, more GI, additional stand-up targets for the upper right flipper to shoot at, more audio clips, animations, interactive toys, etc.

With Expo, I wanted to have a pin that knocked the socks of people when they stepped up to it and realized it was built by a guy in his garage - I want to see that same reaction from people the next time I publicly show it off. Depending on how everything comes together will dictate when and where I will be able to show the pin off again. Being from Minnesota and using my own personal finances to fund this build, I mainly see shows in the general region in the near future; but depending on how development of this pin goes and funding, anything is possible.

Please feel free to email me or PM me with any questions you may have, and spread the word on WOOLY! The potential in this machine is amazing and I plan on doing everything in my power to make something that's nothing but spectacular.

#190 5 years ago

The game needs more then 1 skill shot to try for.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thanks to everyone who has been emailing me with their interest in this pin! Now that more of the Expo dust has settled, I thought I'd answer some quick questions and give some more background and info on next steps.
Last December when I decided to start this project I put together a schedule and wanted to have a machine ready for the Chicago Expo with a complete art package and working flippers and kickers so that people could get a feel for the shots and flow. A couple of rock star programmers came on board in the summer and not only were we able to get a machine flipping, but we got one with a ton of content with all the monster and god modes programmed, hurry ups, kickback, pandora's box targets and reward, ball saves, ZEUS targets and more - I was blown away with how much we were able to accomplish and show off.
and spread the word on WOOLY! The potential in this machine is amazing and I plan on doing everything in my power to make something that's nothing but spectacular.

Awesome man...it's amazing.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

The game needs more then 1 skill shot to try for.

I agree, thats why we have 3 skillshots currently in the game.

1) upper loop within 5 seconds of ball launch (freaky skillshot)
2) right ramp off short plunge (ball pass to left flip or backhand shot) within 5 sec (super skill shot)
3) three bumper hits off short plunge within 5 sec (skillshot)

At expo i saw 2 of the 3 skillshots and animations by players, but nobody managed the 3 bumper hits. Funny i thought that one was going to be easiest, but it turned out really difficult.

#193 5 years ago

Awesome design and execution!

#194 5 years ago

Were you able to talk with Gomez?

#195 5 years ago

Very impressed with the game and would love to own one - proud you are in our area GREAT JOB

#196 5 years ago

This was definitely one of the highlights of the show for me. The game looked phenomenal, best pinball art I've seen in at least the last decade (Dirty Donny included). The whole game looks really professional, and the theme is well integrated. I should have spent more time playing it!

#197 5 years ago

I'm in the area too. If you ever want to have an Open House for us local guys let us know. I know I won't get bored if you talk & talk & talk about the game.

#198 5 years ago

I am stunned that a handful of guys made that. One of the most advanced games I have ever seen. I didn't know you could fit that much onto one playfield and it still look great.

#199 5 years ago

Great job, prob best Indy pin I have ever seen. Love the flow. I think creating the layout virtually first was a great idea. Most of the other indys have half ass layouts but your has some thought behind it. Great use of overall space without overcrowding the Playfield. Love the theme as well, a throwback to some of the early 80's fantasy themes with a new pin feel.

Makes me want stern or JJP or someone to do a god of war (video game for ps2-3) themed pin. Kratos would push it over the top.

Would be cool to have the flippers look like swords, maybe similar to the ruby red slippers but cooler. Maybe some awesome animations of gods attacking for the various multiballs and maybe some death animations for defeating the gods. Just a thought for future version(s).

Anyways - kudos to you! - wish I was half as creative and motivated.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from jaydawg0006:

Love the theme as well, a throwback to some of the early 80's fantasy themes with a new pin feel.

That is what I was telling a friend, this game looks like a classic 80's pin with the artwork but having the speed/technology of a DMD

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 21.00
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
There are 2001 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 41.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside