2 (resized).jpg
skillshot-scanlines (resized).PNG
myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 41.
#1551 8 years ago

I'd be interested in this game, but only if there was some reassurance in its production timeline. Heres hoping that you guys find a manufacturer to bring this game to life!

#1552 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If they can get this out the door for $6500ish.

Aint gonna happen. I'll put $50 on it.

#1553 8 years ago

I bet a $500 price drop would make a huge difference... $8k is a threshold that consistently shows shows up in Pinside threads as the point where the majority of buyers start to bow out, regardless of game.

#1554 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I bet a $500 price drop would make a huge difference... $8k is a threshold that consistently shows shows up in Pinside threads as the point where the majority of buyers start to bow out, regardless of game.

You know, I really think you're right. Pretty sure I said the same thing in a Hobbit thread, that $7500 I could maybe justify, but $8000 I couldn't. It's just a bridge too far for me. I guess it's a common psychological thing.

Now for something really limited or special that's one thing, I get collectors paying $10,000 for some rare thing. But once you're making 100+ that doesn't count in my book. And it not a judgment on the game! I think TBL is incredible for instance. But it's too expensive for me.

#1555 8 years ago

If they could get near the price of a shipped GOT LE, and use a color screen, it could work.

#1556 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If they could get near the price of a shipped GOT LE, and use a color screen, it could work.

How near is near? Your near or my near?

#1557 8 years ago

More than price, it's the production timeline keeping people away. I'm sorry, but the era of asking everyone to pay to finance your company is OVER. If you want to start a business you need to find investors, not pre-order dollars. Only those with capital should be starting their own pinball venture. Tired of seeing two things happen. 1. People pre ordering and waiting YEARS to get their pins. 2. People pre-ordering and getting nothing. Has there ever been a case where someone pre-ordered and got the game in a timely manner? Ever? Maybe Spooky. So there you have it. Only Spooky deserves the love.

#1558 8 years ago

most of you guys should stick to coding and art critiques

#1559 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'm sorry, but the era of asking everyone to pay to finance your company is OVER.

Says the guy who was (briefly) PR for Zidware...

#1560 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

wait!!!!???!!! Is this true?

#1561 8 years ago

Hades arising for battle
2 days.png2 days.png

#1562 8 years ago

Here is a sample of the first 2 challenges of the 5 challenge wizard mode in the simulator when I was creating the level...
I've only been to the wizard mode twice in 10 months, so its quite a challenge. Maybe you can make it there ... we will see on THURSDAY.
wiz1-wiz2.gifwiz1-wiz2.gif

#1563 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I've been 100 percent transparent about my relationship with JPOP. In December of 2014 I gave him some launch ideas. Remember this was when everyone was expecting a December 17 reveal. Clearly that never happened. My ideas were irrelevant. You can't PR something that doesn't exist.

I'm as disappointed and let down by John as the rest of you. But I'll say this, apples to oranges. WOOLY is a fully functioning game. These guys need help to get her made but at least they finished a pin. Looks like they got halfway there with pre orders.

So many projects started before JPOP and Kevin fiascos will suffer because. For WOOLY to happen they need someone like Stern to build it. Face it guys, only then would people feel good about getting the pin in a timely manner. No need to insult me. Just the reality of where we are at.

#1564 8 years ago

I suggest instead of this constant conjecture and jumping to conclusions that all people interested in WOOLY spend some time with Scott and Frank and play the game at Expo. Talk with them in person and ASK them what they want to do going forward. Maybe they already have a plan? Maybe they have no desire to ever build more? Maybe they have 10 of them already built and sitting in a trailer to be sold at expo?

I own a game and I have no clue what team RIOT has planned for the future of WOOLY, so I will definately be asking lots of questions! I will also do anything in my power/ability to help get more of these made so others can enjoy them.

#1565 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I own a game and I have no clue what team RIOT has planned for the future of WOOLY, so I will definately be asking lots of questions! I will also do anything in my power/ability to help get more of these made so others can enjoy them.

This game deserves your energy and attentions Whysnow. I'm in for one if it comes to fruition.

Ask plenty of questions for those of us who can't be at expo. If you could, have one of those questions be whether a WOOLY will be at TPF.

Thanks in advance.

#1566 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest instead of this constant conjecture and jumping to conclusions that all people interested in WOOLY spend some time with Scott and Frank and play the game at Expo. Talk with them in person and ASK them what they want to do going forward. Maybe they already have a plan? Maybe they have no desire to ever build more? Maybe they have 10 of them already built and sitting in a trailer to be sold at expo?

About time someone stated this. I think poor Scott and Frank are gonna loose their voices.

#1567 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest instead of this constant conjecture and jumping to conclusions that all people interested in WOOLY spend some time with Scott and Frank and play the game at Expo.

There is understandable hesitance to discuss possible business plans in much detail, and without a concrete business plan buyers will not commit, and without a plane ticket to Expo this thread will unavoidably remain the focal point of conjecture and speculation for 99% of interested parties.

#1568 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest instead of this constant conjecture and jumping to conclusions that all people interested in WOOLY spend some time with Scott and Frank and play the game at Expo. Talk with them in person and ASK them what they want to do going forward.

Pay for my trip and hotel, and I will!

#1569 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Pay for my trip and hotel, and I will!

there is always email and Scott is a pretty friendly guy...

#1570 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Oh yeah, I've already chatted with him. I was just looking for a free trip to Expo.

#1571 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

PM me his email please good sir. Thanks.

#1572 8 years ago

I think http://riotpinball.com/ will get you there?

#1573 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

PM me his email please good sir. Thanks.

its been posted in this thread a whopping 38 times. [email protected]

Make that 39 times.

#1574 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

There is understandable hesitance to discuss possible business plans in much detail, and without a concrete business plan buyers will not commit, and without a plane ticket to Expo this thread will unavoidably remain the focal point of conjecture and speculation for 99% of interested parties.

#1575 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

its been posted in this thread a whopping 38 times. [email protected]

Got it. I joined this thread late.

#1576 8 years ago

Tomorrow we battle!
immortal.gifimmortal.gif

#1577 8 years ago

Where's the video? Need a pick me up from how bad the Lebowski presentation went.

#1578 8 years ago

Feedback anyone?
Now is the time to play that game before it leaves the US for la douce France. Forever

#1579 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Feedback anyone?
Now is the time to play that game before it leaves the US for la douce France. Forever

They had a sign that we weren't allowed to play it by the time I got there. It looks pretty

#1580 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Feedback anyone?

Geeee I wonder where it's going. Probably some rich dude bought it and it'll just sit in his 200 game collection and never get played.

#1581 8 years ago

Huge thanks Jlm33 for letting us play it. And of course to Scott for bringing it out and working the show.
Game is tight! If you don't know by now there are great shots, many flippers and nice ramps.
Code is solid and the art work on the game and the code is well done . It's a fun game!

#1582 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Huge thanks Jlm33 for letting us play it.

You're welcome!

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

And of course to Scott for bringing it out and working the show.

There is that, too

#1583 8 years ago

Still no video?

#1584 8 years ago

For the second year in a row WOOLY has been the best game available to play at expo. What Scott and Frank have achieved is mind boggling. The attention to details in both build and code are astounding. The theme is universally understood instantly. If they are able to find a way to get this into production I will be happy to sell off a few games in my collection to make room to add it in. I can't thank them enough for bringing it out and sharing it with our hobby. Please seek out the game and give it a chance. Realize that this is a complete game that just needs built. You won't be waiting on code. You will have passionate men behind the project and you will be well taken care of as an owner. Good luck guys I hope I get to own one one day.

-Tommy Skinner
-This Flippin Podcast

#1585 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Still no video?

Evidently ... building and coding the game was the easy part. Shooting videos is hard.

#1586 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

For the second year in a row WOOLY has been the best game available to play at expo. What Scott and Frank have achieved is mind boggling. The attention to details in both build and code are astounding. The theme is universally understood instantly. If they are able to find a way to get this into production I will be happy to sell off a few games in my collection to make room to add it in. I can't thank them enough for bringing it out and sharing it with our hobby. Please seek out the game and give it a chance. Realize that this is a complete game that just needs built. You won't be waiting on code. You will have passionate men behind the project and you will be well taken care of as an owner. Good luck guys I hope I get to own one one day.
-Tommy Skinner
-This Flippin Podcast

Did you play the P3 systems?

#1587 8 years ago

It's been a jam packed few days, but finally got to see WOOLY tonight and speak to the guys (like at midnight ....!)

What a stunning looking game. Top effort by the guys.

JLM, you're going to enjoy it, I'm sure.

Unfortunately I was too late to play it, but I could see by the layout that the shot geometry looked sweet. Some tight shots and some wider ones. Should be a good challenging game.

Sweet!

rd

#1588 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Did you play the P3 systems?

I did. It's very cool. But I like my pinball a bit more traditional. I guess I should state it more as opinion. And Neo I ended up having to leave early and forgot to get you my Sea Witch playfield. I'll give you a call and do some figuring out on it. Thanks for bringing miss world!

#1589 8 years ago

I hope one of the wooly guys takes video of the newest code at some point.

What was the new music in the game like?

#1590 8 years ago

Wooly was awesome! It's a fantastic layout that has TONs to shoot for. Sure it looks stellar but getting to play it is the real treat. The rules are very well thought out and are both fun and a real challenge. It'd love to have one in my line up.

Killer work guys!

#1591 8 years ago

I will try to make a video this week with the new lighting and soundtrack. We didn't have any way to do this at expo.

Glad everyone enjoyed the game and it was such a pleasure talking to the players.

Quoted from zucot:

I hope one of the wooly guys takes video of the newest code at some point.
What was the new music in the game like?

#1592 8 years ago

Surprised there hasn't been more talk about the music, I thought having an original score was a huge improvement to the vibe of the game. Is it still a secret who did it or are we allowed to talk about it in public? I assume it's cool, but don't want to say something I shouldn't.

#1593 8 years ago

Here are a few pics I snapped last night.

IMG_0549.jpgIMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpgIMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0550.jpgIMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0552.jpgIMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpgIMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpgIMG_0554.jpg

#1594 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Surprised there hasn't been more talk about the music, I thought having an original score was a huge improvement to the vibe of the game.

I am surprised too! No one noticed?

#1595 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I am surprised too! No one noticed?

I just don't want to say who did it in case it's supposed to be a secret. Scott, illuminate us!

#1596 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

More than price, it's the production timeline keeping people away. I'm sorry, but the era of asking everyone to pay to finance your company is OVER. If you want to start a business you need to find investors, not pre-order dollars. Only those with capital should be starting their own pinball venture. Tired of seeing two things happen. 1. People pre ordering and waiting YEARS to get their pins. 2. People pre-ordering and getting nothing. Has there ever been a case where someone pre-ordered and got the game in a timely manner? Ever? Maybe Spooky. So there you have it. Only Spooky deserves the love.

Your statement would have a bit more weight to it had you stated the same for Dutch pinball. You did not. Dp has been very arrogant and now a year later they are back peddling.

Riot did except some pre order money. When things did not work out all money was returned.

Can anyone else say that?

The men from riot deserve your respect. Not your condemnation.

#1597 8 years ago

Hello WOOLY fans! Just got back after the long drive from Expo. This was the third consecutive year in a row that Frank and I have had the pleasure to be able to provide the Wrath of Olympus pinball machine for people to play. Thank you to all the 300+ people that stopped by and got to flip a few games on WOOLY this past weekend.

A couple of quick notes about this year's game: the machine had full RGB general illumination throughout the playfield, including RGB flashers illuminating Olympus, all of which were specifically tied into game play for a much more immersive experience. Imagine battling HADES and all the lights turn red - or challenging the lord of waters, Poseidon, and seeing a sea of blue light wash over the playfield. We also were able to show off our new soundtrack officially provided by Two Steps from Hell. Their epic music is the absolute perfect match for this epic theme. Frank did an amazing job of picking the right audio for the right places. With codes updates from the last year enhancing and deepening the rule set, the RGB GI, and the new audio, WOOLY truly is a complete, immersive experience as you battle your way through the monsters and gods to become an immortal (pinball player - ).

As noted before, we are not taking pre-orders, we are not actively looking to reach 100 buyers or any other specific number. We are still looking into ways to get this game built and will continue to look for new opportunities as long as there is breath in our bodies. The nice thing about pinball design is it has no expiration date - hard to say what the future holds for our project, but it's been an incredible journey so far.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has supported this project over the past few years. Your feedback and encouragement was refreshing and invigorating and really helped keep us motivated to keep improving the game and making it be all it can be.

As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to email me at [email protected].

#1598 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

We also were able to show off our new soundtrack officially provided by Two Steps from Hell.

This is what I was waiting for, an official okay to mention it. It sounded great, really made the game click.

#1599 8 years ago

Hey Scott
Always great talking with you at Expo. Amazing pin! Nice, nice job.
Wally

#1600 8 years ago

Hi Scott. I wish I could have been there to play it. It looks fantastic.
Are you moving ahead with the Alice and Wonderland project?

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.