2 (resized).jpg
skillshot-scanlines (resized).PNG
myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 41.
#1201 8 years ago

Take my money!

#1202 8 years ago

So so so very impressed with the devs. Great job.

#1203 8 years ago

Love the idea of this game. What's the status? Will it make it to production or not?

#1204 8 years ago

How much of it?

#1205 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The game looks great! Although the mini playfield doesn't seem to 'shoot' well. Is it too wide and too short?

I was fortunate enough to play one of the Wooly prototypes. I had the same misconception before testing it. The upper PF is surprisingly enjoyable - no problem there. I could spell all letters at least twice. But the real challenge is to get there! You need a perfect shot from the upper right flipper, and that's not an easy one as the ball tends to be fast moving there!

#1206 8 years ago

Hello WOOLY Fans!

I have some exciting news for everyone. In March I decided to move forward with finalizing my bill of materials and locking down exactly what it takes to get a few more WOOLYs made. After a deep dive into vendors and discovering what parts were available and in inventory, I found that I would be able to build 4 more WOOLY’s. There are a handful of game specific parts that simply are not being manufactured anymore and I bought the four sets that remained (to go into a full scale production, these special parts will need to be re-engineered and manufactured new). I reached out to four of my first and biggest supporters and we decided to move forward with plans that two of those supporters (also good friends) would physically build their own games alongside me as I built the other two. There are probably many people reading this that may be frustrated in the last statement or wondering why they weren’t included in the build - my only answer for you is that there just simply were not enough parts to cover for everyone, while I would have loved to include more, it just simply was not physically possible at this point and I’m sorry if anyone feels bad because they weren’t included.

So the journey began – ordering parts, managing suppliers, sending updated files out for fab, planning, planning, and more planning. It literally took from March until now to get all the parts in. I will say this once more – the most tedious, time consuming, pain in the ass, dreaded part of pinball building is dealing with parts (ordering, inspecting, managing, and dealing with low stock, out of stock, slightly different stock, etc.).
Last Saturday was the big day when production on the prototype WOOLY’s began. Three guys working in a 300 square foot space on 3 different pins. Quarters were cozy, but was useful to help demonstrate the build and to be able to inspect each step along the way. After 5 days, 3 games were built with an amazing build quality – cleaner wiring, better cabs, better playfield population, etc. These prototypes still used the prototype ramps and fragile 3D printed parts. There are still many things that probably need a tweak, adjustment, production tooling, etc. when moving into full production.

I would like to thank all my suppliers for their help, especially Spooky Pinball for another round of incredible playfields and plastics, Virtuapin for our incredibly well built and precise cabinets, and Multimorphic for top of the line electronics and engineering support. Lastly, I would also like to personally thank my rock star, guru programmer – Frank Gigliotti – who continues to amaze me with updates and enhancements on a weekly, if not sometimes daily, basis that continues to polish and refine our beautiful game.

Anyone interested in licensing the design from me for manufacturing and production should email me at [email protected]. I would love to see more than 6 WOOLYs in the world.

Q: Why the hell did you do this?
A: To prove it could be done. To prove I have a design that can be produced in a reasonable amount of time. To understand completely what my small prototype build costs are. Most importantly to complete my documentation so that I can potentially hand this off to anyone or any company to build WOOLY’s on their own.

Q: Why did you build only 4?
A: I physically could not build more than 4. There were only 4 sets of parts.

Q: Is the music still the same?
A: No, we have brand new, unique, kick-ass music. We have secured a music license. Under our agreement, we cannot disclose until October of this year.

Q: Voice call outs still the same?
A: Voice call outs continue to be worked on and improve with each update. Many have been resampled with better audio. Since expo, an additional 100 callouts have been added.

Q: Why wasn’t I one of the four, I’ve been one of your first and best supporters?
A: Only four games could be made and I had to make hard choices on who could be a part of this.

Q: Are you going to make any more?
A: It is not very likely that I will ever do a small run like this again (no parts), but that remains to be seen. It would be wonderful if a large company that knows how to manufacture pinballs decided to license the design from me and produce them on their own.

Q: Will WOOLY be at the Chicago EXPO this year?
A: To be determined.

P7290257.jpgP7290257.jpg

20150623_222829_resized.jpg20150623_222829_resized.jpg

20150404_150510_resized_1.jpg20150404_150510_resized_1.jpg

20150707_231443_resized.jpg20150707_231443_resized.jpg

20150706_191916_resized_1.jpg20150706_191916_resized_1.jpg

20150709_220318_resized.jpg20150709_220318_resized.jpg

WOOLY.jpgWOOLY.jpg

#1207 8 years ago

20150623_225750.jpg20150623_225750.jpg

20150726_211813_resized.jpg20150726_211813_resized.jpg

20150728_161801_resized_1.jpg20150728_161801_resized_1.jpg

#1208 8 years ago

Holy Sh&$!

#1209 8 years ago

wow! Great job guys! Looks like a blast building those as a project together!

#1210 8 years ago

Come on STERN, Buy the License and make the game already.

#1211 8 years ago

Which 4 sets of parts were they?

#1212 8 years ago

So cool. This game has to get made.
Bang on the doors of stern and JJP people.

#1214 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I have some exciting news for everyone.

Gee, not sure that is exciting news for everyone, more like exciting news for four people

Regardless, congrats on getting more of these built, I'm sure the new owners will be psyched to have one of such a limited run of this awesome pin.

#1216 8 years ago

Such an amazing thing!

Who said you could not build a pinball in 5 days

#1217 8 years ago

This is the BEST pinball news of the year, I don't give a F*** who disagrees with me.
-mof

#1218 8 years ago

I hope more good news follows from this.
This is pure passion at play here.
-mof

#1219 8 years ago

This is good news as long as these pins make it out to events and such. Such a shame to lock these away

#1220 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This is good news as long as these pins make it out to events and such. Such a shame to lock these away

This is a good point. Maybe one of the new owners will bring it to EXPO in October, hint, hint.... so happy to see the games built.

#1221 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

one of them will be at Mad Rollin Pinball later this month

#1222 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

This is the BEST pinball news of the year, I don't give a F*** who disagrees with me.
-mof

Let me know when you want to come visit and play buddy! Would love to hang with you and play some Wooly!

Since this is my first New game ever, I wondered if I should put it a box just so I can remove it

#1223 8 years ago

Awesome job, hopefully you find a buyer Scott!

#1224 8 years ago

AWE. SOME.

#1225 8 years ago

Wow! A stunning accomplishment, Scott and Frank. I wish you both the best convincing a manufacturer to take on this build.

Fantastic work,
Ryan

Quoted from Whysnow:

That deserves another round of applause!

#1226 8 years ago

Glad there are 4 more WOOLY's in the world ! Thank you Scott !

LTG : )™

#1227 8 years ago

This is freakin' awesome! Congrats on getting these done! Game definitely looks incredible. I'm looking forward to checking out WOOLY at Mad Rollin' for sure (maybe sooner...)!!

#1228 8 years ago

Awesome news indeed! Impressive that you guys were able to get all that done in 5 days!

Can't wait to see and play one for myself soon and hope this will get one of the big companies interested in building a much larger run!

#1229 8 years ago

Awesome, congrats. Hope to play WOOLY one day... or even better, own one.

#1230 8 years ago

Very impressive, great job.
you can always make 4 in a row.
So thats payable. It would make it a litle more expensive.

#1231 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Such an amazing thing!
Who said you could not build a pinball in 5 days

Awesome you got and built one. Can't wait to play one again!

#1232 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

you can always make 4 in a row.

unfortunately there are no longer enough off the shelf parts available anywhere to build more

Quoted from T-800:

Q: Are you going to make any more?
A: It is not very likely that I will ever do a small run like this again (no parts), but that remains to be seen. It would be wonderful if a large company that knows how to manufacture pinballs decided to license the design from me and produce them on their own.

#1233 8 years ago

Wow!!!! Congrats!!!
Seems like a perfect fit to go with Heighway on getting this kit out!

#1234 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And one of them will end up in Europe (la douce France) some day!

#1235 8 years ago

I gotta make it over one of these days to see these.

#1236 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

unfortunately there are no longer enough off the shelf parts available anywhere to build more

But... why won't anyone say what part is the one with only 4 left?

#1237 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Ever stop to think that maybe that's confidential information?

#1238 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

brass #6 3/8 hex heads...

bummer they are all gone

#1239 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Ever stop to think that maybe that's confidential information?

Yea then someone could for sure make it never happen again.
Lets keep that info on the down-low. A Need to know basis........now can I know?

J/k smart move.

#1240 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

brass #6 3/8 hex heads...
bummer they are all gone

Funny. I got a crap ton of um.

#1241 8 years ago

Hopefully more games lead to more exposure which lead to more games?

#1242 8 years ago

Very impressive, and it if nothing else, it shows what can be done with determination.

#1243 8 years ago

Why can't I buy this game yet?

#1244 8 years ago

Who's gonna be the smart one and sell theirs for a ton?

#1245 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Seriously? Possibly the coolest game to be made in the last 20 years and all you can add to the conversation is what's it worth?
Dude, pinball is more important than money.
Friends are more important than money.
Family is more important than money.
You are one shallow dude.

Oh, that was free. No charge.

#1246 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Gee, not sure that is exciting news for everyone, more like exciting news for four people

it is for everyone, because everyone would be excited for these guys.... i certainly am.

#1247 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Dude, pinball is more important than money.

Agreed, but developing / Producing a pinball machine is about Money.
I wish I were rich enough to invest in Riot Pinball - with a Patron like Bill Brandes this game could see Production. JPop was beyond salvation while this game is 100% ready and screaming for investors.

Quoted from Baiter:

Hopefully more games lead to more exposure

Definitively the plan for mine.

#1248 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Hopefully more games lead to more exposure which lead to more games?

This exactly. There are those who will buy a game based purely on seeing videos or a recommendation, but there are far more who will not put the money down for a machine unless they get to play it first. AMH sales started out slow, but picked up steam once people got a chance to check out the game and see for themselves how cool it is. With luck this will lead to tons of people bombarding Riot Pinball's e-mail with requests to get this machine made, which may mean there now are enough committed people out there to do an actual production run. I am looking forward to finally being able to check this game out at Mad Rollin'.

#1249 8 years ago

If a batch of 300 were made, do you think it'd be more expensive than a JJP pin?

Quoted from kaneda:

$22k by xmas. And that'd be one heckuva drama-filled thread.

#1250 8 years ago

This is awesome!!! Means there's still hope stern might buy the license.

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.