Topic Stats

• 2,001 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by colonel_caverne
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 141 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A6D2F34C-5219-415E-B14B-E41E85469D3F (resized).jpeg
3B4749FD-EF38-45E7-936F-485FAB141821 (resized).jpeg
A0E51E9E-C95B-49D4-A5CD-F205B96D1C60 (resized).jpeg
23BEA369-95E3-4F6A-A448-1FCE91CCEB14 (resized).jpeg
1AA49BBC-FC3B-463F-85DA-CD3C6FEB623D (resized).jpeg
C33FDF88-105D-42DB-B056-9E182000A0EF (resized).jpeg
IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
15 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
skillshot-scanlines (resized).PNG
myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2001 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 41.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

inserts Futurama "Shut up and take my money" picture.

Here is the new MEME for pre-order.

shut up.jpg
#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Game looks bad ass. I would drop 6500 on one. Can't do any more preorders sadly. Got out of Pred at the last second.
This guy who's bailing out Jpoop, why wouldn't he back this instead? A finished coded game vs a purple nightmare.

This is the smartest thing I've read in a while, the guy who's bailing out Jpop has some other motive, perhapse John has some moeny left over and Jphn thinks it will help him not get sued if another company (shell) takes over the games but not the liabilities.

But if they were smart, they'd take over Wooly instead and do an unlimited run, price at $6600-$7000 imo would get people buying.

In fact, if this was a project, and they said the first 250 or people that pre-order will get for $6500 and after that the price will rise to $7000 or more (like Woz), but only take a good faith deposit like $250. I think people would jump,at this. And 250x $250 would be an insignificant $$62k. Not enough to get anyone thinking of running, but somethig to get the ball rolling like better callouts or music.

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Should change the name to Medusa II - wrath of Olympus

No love for my idea? I think it is freaking genius. But I guess I would....

Will you guys have this game at Chicago Expo this year?

I'd like to get a chance to play it. If I can get WhySnow off it of course.

rd.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If they could sell it for $6500 I think you'd see people line up. The price point is just tough.

Agreed - It is a widebody - so I personally could do $6800, but not pre-ordering anything until I see it on the production line.

#1155 4 years ago

deleted

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No love for my idea? I think it is freaking genius. But I guess I would....
Will you guys have this game at Chicago Expo this year?
I'd like to get a chance to play it. If I can get WhySnow off it of course.
rd.

We haven't talked about expo yet, but I'd say there is a very strong possibility that we'll be there with a game. Looking forward to meeting you RD.

#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

We haven't talked about expo yet, but I'd say there is a very strong possibility that we'll be there with a game. Looking forward to meeting you RD.

rd.

#1158 4 years ago

I continue to be in for one. Really hope this game goes to production.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

If Stern were to produce this, it could be done within the 6500 range. Problem is finding someone ready to manufacture such a machine and the experience and facilities to bring the costs down.

I agree..As Stern has finally dipped into manufacturing 3rd party games and increased their factory size, this is a great candidate for a future run.

#1160 4 years ago

Once a game is complete with a bill of material , it should be easy for stern or spooky to price them. Maybe they would have a different perspective on what it would cost to make.

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Once a game is complete with a bill of material , it should be easy for stern or spooky to price them. Maybe they would have a different perspective on what it would cost to make.

But they may say X per game with a min run of 500-1000 or XX per game for 250-500 / XXX per game for 0-250.

#1162 4 years ago

Sadly, investors are still star struck by how pretty John's games are. Which - no offense to artists - means very little in the grand scheme of production.

Just like a crappy movie director making his tenth flop in a row, investors will always throw money at someone who did something great once, than someone trying to do something great for the first time.

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

But they may say X per game with a min run of 500-1000 or XX per game for 250-500 / XXX per game for 0-250.

luvthatapex2 & gang can decide their risk tolerance and what price they would set for sales and service. All I am wondering is that maybe they expect it will cost $5k each to make a run of 1000 games and $6.5k to make 500 games and $8k to make 250 games. And suppose they estimate license, insurance, after sales support, office, overhead, IT & Legal support and profit and arrive at $2k per game for up to 500 games or for 1000. So they would want to consider offering games at $7k, $8.5k or $10k depending on anticipated demand. Now if they spoke with contract manufacturer and discover that it would actually cost $5k for up to 100 games or $4.2k per game up to 500 and $3.6k per game up to 1000 games. All of the sudden, the decision is really to consider a model expecting $5.6k, $6.2k or $7.0k. Furthermore this could present opportunities to handle admin differently possibly that could knock off $500 of overhead per game. Suddenly this game looks like a real go. Very enticing to move forward with the project. We will have to wait and see.

#1164 4 years ago

Bring wolly to Pintastic New England!

#1165 4 years ago

For me the biggest "hole" in the WOOLY presentation was the music and sounds. That's something so key to a game, and it wasn't done when it was being shown.

Actually, that's the second hole, the being shown part. I was lucky enough to see the game two years in a row at Expo, but the truth is you really gotta make the rounds. That's expensive, and takes time. But hands on time is how you'll win enough buyers.

#1166 4 years ago

Given the expense of making the rounds, I would enjoy seeing some livestreamed or taped gameplay.

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Given the expense of making the rounds, I would enjoy seeing some livestreamed or taped gameplay.

No kidding- give it to deadflip for a week after/before the next expo.

#1168 4 years ago

I am too lazy to read through this whole thread. Is this still being made? I would love to buy one but with all the pre-order scams/scandals going on, I would rather pay for it when it was ready to go like AMH did.

#1169 4 years ago

Wow, its been 5 months since we showed a video? This was around version 1.0 showing the first level (of 5) of the main wizard mode.

https://vimeo.com/114195352

If you look back, there are some other videos in this thread around expo time. Today I will make a quick video of the current software/hardware running on the game for comparision and to show you the progression of the game to version 1.22 (22 builds later). Be back later.

#1170 4 years ago

Well, I am NOT a good video maker, so lets get that out of the way right now! I tried.
With that said, here is a video for today of version 1.22 in a normal unrehearsed gameplay.

In this 5 minute video you will see/hear:

* ball save
* some of the new storyline arcs
* battle Hydra
* gift of the gods
* battle Medusa
* a replay
* a titan collected
* Medusa multiball and jackpots
* battle minotaur
* minotaur multiball and jackpots
* z-e-u-s upperplayfield multiball
* 4 alternate music tracks (out of 20)
* LED color changing battles

Next time we will see something else

https://vimeo.com/129359170

#1171 4 years ago

Games continues to look great.

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Pretty sure Scott has done this, which is what got him to the price point he is at. Recognize that Stern isn't going to touch this under 1,000 units, and JJP does not have the capacity to take this on, especially given how much the could make on this vs making their own machines, so no point in bringing up their names.

Keep in mind there are also plenty of costs beyond the BOM that need to be covered by the price point and I'm sure he and Frank want to end up a little bit of change in their pocket.

#1174 4 years ago

The game looks great! Although the mini playfield doesn't seem to 'shoot' well. Is it too wide and too short?

Rob

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

To W-A-A-A-A-A-A-R!

That call-out would improve with a more mature booming voice - it sounds too young.

#1176 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That call-out would improve with a more mature booming voice - it sounds too young.

You need Gimli.

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The game looks great! Although the mini playfield doesn't seem to 'shoot' well. Is it too wide and too short?
Rob

In person is plays really well. It is just difficult enough yet doable.

#1178 4 years ago

Just wanted to drop a line and say that we're still alive and kicking. I'm taking a very detailed approach to the process of looking through our options on moving WOOLY forward. There is nothing concrete at this time though; production continues to be on hold. I also can't confirm or deny that WOOLY will be at EXPO this year or any other shows, but I hope to have a significant update in a few months. As usual, please stay tuned to this thread and if you are interested in being on the WOOLY mailing list please feel free to send me an email at: scott@riotpinball.com

#1179 4 years ago

why can i only give 1 thumbs up for your post Scott? it deserves so much more!

thanks for keeping this going.

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

why can i only give 1 thumbs up for your post Scott? it deserves so much more!
thanks for keeping this going.

I gave another one for you.
Can I upvote for myself now?

#1181 4 years ago

I got you all covered!

Thumbs up all around

#1182 4 years ago

Quick update for today:

We wanted a tie in for our Pandora character and to extend the functionality of one of the cool loop shots in the game. Hence the PROMETHEUS Fast Scoring mode was born. Poor Prometheus got such a raw deal from Zeus (if you know your mythology), so let's give him some importance in the game

Version 1.23 - PROMETHEUS Fast Scoring Added

- Increment P-R-O-M-E-T-H-E-U-S by hitting the lower right loop when a hurryup/battle is not in session.
- When complete, fast scoring starts. 10 million points counts down with a 15 second timer.
First hit gives you the remaining points, second hit gives you 2x the remainder, third hit gives you 3x the remainder.
- Progress is saved from ball to ball

Lets see what it looks like in the simulator....
prometheus3.gif

#1183 4 years ago

Very cool!

Love the idea of 2x possiblity after you hit it the first time.

Question > based on the physical nature of the game, is it more or less difficult to hit the shot a second time after hitting it the first?
This may impact the multiplier. Is 2x a good risk reward based on the physical nature of the game? How likley is it that I will be able to hit the shot multiple times in shot succession?

Just something to think about for continuing to balance scoring and coding risk/reward with physical reality and risk/reward of the game.

Looking good! as always!

#1184 4 years ago

Good question. Quick answer is "pretty difficult"!

The lower right loop shot is a tough shot, but practice your right loop to mid left mini flipper to lower right loop and it's possible. We felt that a consecutive right loop shot should give you a nice scoring bump since it's so difficult, and if you are really good, a third shot to the loop in 15 seconds should give you additional points. However the secret to big scoring will be hitting the loops quickly as points are counting down!

The most I've been able to get is 2x and around 12 million points during 25 games of testing. Many games I've missed the fast scoring mode entirely since I never made the 10 loops required during 3 balls

Of course I can always make the difficulty adjustable with a service menu option.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Very cool!
Love the idea of 2x possiblity after you hit it the first time.
Question > based on the physical nature of the game, is it more or less difficult to hit the shot a second time after hitting it the first?
This may impact the multiplier. Is 2x a good risk reward based on the physical nature of the game? How likley is it that I will be able to hit the shot multiple times in shot succession?
Just something to think about for continuing to balance scoring and coding risk/reward with physical reality and risk/reward of the game.
Looking good! as always!

#1185 4 years ago

- Increment P-R-O-M-E-T-H-E-U-S by hitting the lower right loop when a hurryup/battle is not in session.
- When complete, fast scoring starts. 10 million points counts down with a 15 second time

Almost as many shots as BLACKWIDOW in Avengers lol!

EDIT: it is the same! I learnt to count.

Sounds like a cool mode.

Another way you could do it would be that when you hit it the first time, the score freezes for 5 seconds to enable you to nail it again. With or without the 2x. Because it is counting down pretty damn fast. A lot of work to collect all the PROMETHEUS letters for a 15 second shot at points. Just my 10c worth, obviously I haven't played the game first hand ...

Look forward to checking it out in October.

rd.

1 week later
#1186 4 years ago

If I didn't love my met premium / pro cabinet so much, I would have been a serious customer.

#1187 4 years ago

I'm curious about the development of the audio for the machine. Any news there?

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I'm curious about the development of the audio for the machine. Any news there?

Audio? Since expo there has been a lot of sound/music development on the game. This has been documented in the thread along the way, but for ease here is a listing.

5 new songs were added for the wizard mode.
20 call outs were recorded to direct the player in various shots/features in the game.
99 storylines were recorded. As you get deeper in the game, you hear more of the story arcs. This is supported in multiplayer with separate stories, in all of the battles and during normal gameplay.
The alternate soundtrack was added which is a custom soundtrack programmed in the entire game and updatable by the owner.

We have 8 songs in the standard soundtrack to replace, which we haven't decided what band/music service to use yet, but it's on our todo list

#1189 4 years ago

Game still looks bad ass. I really hope you guys find a way to get a bunch built. Are there any plans to change the design/artwork of the apron? I think that's my biggest negative from pics/video. Maybe it looks better in person.

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are there any plans to change the design/artwork of the apron?

I think the apron is a big positive.
-mof

1 month later
#1191 4 years ago

Man I sure would like a little Wooly news. I wonder what those mad scientists are up to?

#1192 4 years ago

Keep up the good work.
i love wooly.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

This is my thinking as well, there should be some length to a mini PF IMO.

#1194 4 years ago

20 call outs were recorded to direct the player in various shots/features in the game

How much would it cost to record a heckling call out for the game?

I can do a great impersonation of Ben Heck impersonation of Steve Ritchie

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How much would it cost to record a heckling call out for the game?
I can do a great impersonation of Ben Heck impersonation of Steve Ritchie

Best one ever is the Fathom cackle laugh for TILT...
-mof

#1196 4 years ago

Mini update!

Tweaking and adjustments continue along with bug fixes and a few features added.

Version 1.24
• Moved the music change to the end of the progress screen.
• Zeus modified to force demigod in case of a drain/fail. Previously it was possible to drain and miss demigod wizard mode.
• Fates blinking lamps were changed to solid ON.
• Lightning target flasher effects were toned down.
• Added flasher effects for jackpots/super jackpots: Minotaur, Medusa
• Added flasher effects for jackpots: Ares
• ATHENA IS PLEASED flashers toned down and full show when EXTRA BALL is achieved
• MINOTAUR quick flasher effect near each qualifying shot made
• CERBERUS quick flasher effect near each qualifying shot made
• MEDUSA quick flasher effect near each qualifying shot made
• HYDRA quick flasher effect near each qualifying shot made
• ARES quick flasher effect near each qualifying shot made
• HADES quick flasher effect near each qualifying shot made
• POSEIDON quick flasher effect near each qualifying shot made
• ZEUS mini flasher show when each qualifying shot made
• FATES lamp turn off at end of ball
• COLOR WHEEL – at end of ball all lights go out for the bonus and each battle that has been won/played shows status clockwise beginning with Medusa on the 8 inserts in the center, the lamps flash or stay solid in sequence. Upper playfield LED boards show the color of the monster/god battled as progress is shown on the insert.
• Demigod mode improvements to restarting a new journey when completed or failed
• Wizard mode improvements to restarting a new journey when completed or failed
• ZEUS Strikes and info messages added to the ZEUS mode
• Sirens timing improved and ending shortened
• Main routine updated to backup all configs and main routine at the end of each game
• Standalone Restore utility updated to restore all configs and main routine in case of disaster
• Increased sound sample volumes on Poseidon
• Added missing music code for Cyclops hurryup
• Adjusted Minotaur and Medusa end of ball music changes
• Tethys collected callout timing adjusted
• Adjusted timing on Shoot the center for titan award. If already getting awarded silence the callout.
• Added music for BB multiball
• Adjusted music in Ares Jackpots
• Adjust re-looping timing of Medusa mode music (due to multiballs)
• Adjust re-looping timing of Minotaur mode music (due to multiballs)
• Restore GI/upperplayfield GI if hades hurryup is running with Pandoras box multiball
• Missing ball logic improved
• Bug Fix: Hydra left ramp tri lighting if right ramp hit twice
• Bug Fix: upper playfield LED color when holding both flippers during bonus
• Bug fix: HADES - logic error in number of switches needed for final battle with HADES
• Bug fix: typo when the second set of stories ends (fixed)
• Bug fix: SHOOT CENTER TO START BATTLE when you were already in a battle (lightning target code modification)

#1197 4 years ago

Sounds like you are adding depth to the choreography. That's what sets the greats apart!
-mof

#1198 4 years ago

still waiting for the day that this gets the green light,

#1199 4 years ago

This game seems like it is just awesome,I have to play one one day.

#1200 4 years ago

Amazing Work, Frank!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
$ 50.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 5.00
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 92.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
There are 2001 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 41.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside