2 (resized).jpg
skillshot-scanlines (resized).PNG
myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 41.
#801 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sorry, I've been busy testing most of the day but I had a killer game so at least I took a pic of it for posterity
After 30 games today I hit my all time Grand Champ score of 373,565,720. If you've played the game or remember the rules we posted this is what I was able to get in one marathon game (20 minutes). Of course I had a bunch of stinker games along the way, but this one stood out so I took a pic. What a rush.
Minotaur – completed (2 ball MB for completion)
Medusa – completed (4 ball MB for completion)
Cerberus – completed
Hydra – completed
Beast Master – 50 million for completing all monsters
Sirens – started but died (sirens is a bonus mode if you beat all monsters and hit the scoop in 7 sec)
Ares – started but died
Hades – completed (shoot again)
Zeus letter MB – twice (3 ball MB)
Move your chariot - twice
Two extra balls.
Things I didn’t get to do: battle two more gods (Poseidon and Zeus), Aphrodite Hurryup, Achilles Hurryup, Pandora 3 ball locks and multiball, hades bash, Ball Buster MB (captive ball mb), Second wizard mode for starting all monster/gods, Main wizard mode of 5 levels for completing monsters/gods. I probably would have played for an hour if I got far Oh well, I tried, maybe tomorrow, lol.

IMG_2047.JPG 88 KB

IMG_2049.JPG 89 KB

IMG_2050.JPG 88 KB

You are only 20 min from me, I may need to come by and try this, LOL

Chris

#802 9 years ago

I need to stop going into this thread, you keep tempting me with awesomeness. The game keeps looking better with each update. Any chance WOOLY will be available to play at MGC 2015?

#803 9 years ago

This sounds like a great game. Since Pinside represents only a small portion of collectors out there, I think there should be more time given to gather the needed preorders and get more exposure on the internet before pulling the plug on production.

More exposure at the larger pinball expos will help and even find ways to advertise more outside of Pinside. More and more people now want to play a game before purchasing since this is quite a bit of money to put out on one game.

Texas Pinball Festival is going to be a huge show again this year with 400+ arcade and pinball machines. Spooky Pinball will be there with AMH. Maybe ship WOOLY with them?
www.texaspinball.com

#804 9 years ago

Quick someone order 49 of them. Seriously though I hope something can be figured out as this should be a great game.

#805 9 years ago

Is the project dead if he does not get 49 more orders today? I could be persuaded to buy one. But no bother if this is dead in 8 hours.

#806 9 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Is the project dead if he does not get 49 more orders today? I could be persuaded to buy one. But no bother if this is dead in 8 hours.

Hoping we find out soon. My gut tells me that with continueed work on stuff that where there is a will there is a way.

That said, I am hoping there is also some sort of added perk for those of us that got in and committed to being part of this before 2014 ends.

in other words>> email scott and talk to him. He will tell you straight like he always does.

iIof course vote to get in NOW as EVERY one closer will help them to make a decision on what to do!

#807 9 years ago

2015 looks so great for my pin collection, not so great for my wallet. Might have to become a human test subject for some new hair revival medicine in order to fund my addiction... hope I don't spill any on my chest as I already have to use more shampoo there than on my head.

#808 9 years ago

I emailed Scott this morning and he responded right away. He's such a solid guy, I really like him.

Scott said he will send out a private update next week to all of the people that have deposits in. They need to brainstorm some options on how to proceed.

#809 9 years ago

another mini update:

Version 1.0 was tested for several hours today and I'm locking it in for now. We will continue testing/tweaking but I'm happy to report we've got a complete code base written and tested. All features/functions/modes are working as designed.

Version 1.0 12-31-14 of Wrath of Olympus is done.

Happy New Year everyone! Until next time ...

#810 9 years ago

I'm happy to report we've got a complete code base written and tested. All features/functions/modes are working as designed.

Congrats man! You should really start a thread talking about the challenges you faced, how you solved the, the various parts of the rules that were fun to implement, etc. Be super informative, but also a great way to evangelize the game.

#811 9 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

For those who are genuinely interested in placing a deposit on a Wrath of Olympus pinball machine but share this same concern with sending money only to have it refunded, please email me at [email protected] There are options available to help address this.

#812 9 years ago

Version 1.0 12-31-14 of Wrath of Olympus is done.

Wow, that is a huge. You guys developed a complete game, with a non-licensed theme. WOOLY looks fantastic! with continued tweaks, game will only continue to improve. Looking forward to seeing a few high quality videos of the latest. Maybe the production of some (hint, hint) can be one of the options presented to the early adapters. That would go a long way towards building support, without the need to begin production yet. Be willing to spend some money - it doesn't have to be a lot, but probably $3k and you could get some interesting ones made. There are even some Pinsiders that could help.

#813 9 years ago

Welcome to 2015.

Scott and Frank, please contact me and TAKE MY MONEY!!!

(i.e. tell me it is a go so I have to scramble to find more funds for the second amount)

#814 9 years ago

Any chance of some updated game play video with the new code?

#815 9 years ago

Happy New Year all!!! Here's to hoping Scott's New Year resolution is to move forward with WOOLY production

#816 9 years ago

Hey Guys! Charlie from Spooky Pinball was nice enough to have me on his New Year's podcast! Check it out if you want to find more information on the Wrath of Olympus pinball machine - there's great information on the background and development of the game throughout the interview! Thanks again Charlie and Joe for having me on the show!!

http://www.spookypinball.com/podcast-2/

#817 9 years ago

Will give a listen. Just curious now that we are short half of the required preorders, what now?

If its something that is covered in the podcast, I apologize, but maybe throw a bone to people that aren't going to give it a listen.

#818 9 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

Will give a listen. Just curious now that we are short half of the required preorders, what now?.

I will be posting an update on our status and plans for moving forward in the next week or two. I have some phone calls to make, emails to send, and decisions to make in the meantime... Stay tuned...

#819 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I will be posting an update on our status and plans for moving forward in the next week or two. I have some phone calls to make, emails to send, and decisions to make in the meantime... Stay tuned...

Thanks Scott!!!

#820 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thanks again Charlie and Joe for having me on the show!!

I'll listen now.
-mof

#821 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Ohhhhh, does this mean he might go ahead with the game anyway? *fingers crossed*

#822 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Ohhhhh, does this mean he might go ahead with the game anyway? *fingers crossed*

In the podcast he said there could be some wiggle room down to 70 to 80.

#823 9 years ago

Thanks. I guess I should have listened to that podcast.

#824 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Thanks. I guess I should have listened to that podcast.

Definitely is worth it.

#825 9 years ago

listening now.

good stuff so far and worth the listen

#826 9 years ago

Hi everyone... Each month we sponsor a segment on the Spooky Pinball Podcast titled 'PinballSTAR of the Month' where we feature a guest in the hobby...

This month we want to get some exposure to a great project and great asset to the hobby - Wrath of Olympus (WOOLY) and Riot Pinball owner, Scott Gullicks. Scott talks about his desire to build his own pinball machine on Virtual Pinball platform and then eventually he built the real thing... Then with so much interest and accolades for this feature jam packed game he decided to try to get out there and build it...

Scott is currently in a pre-sale mode for this game $ 1,000 down, fully refundable to try to get to 100 interested parties to bring this game to fruition. Spooky Pinball will be building it for him as well. Before you say, oh another pre-order pipe dream, this isn't one of those.. This game is fully designed and all monies paid will go into building YOUR game at this point. He just needs to get to 100 to have the economies of scale have it make sense to proceed.

Well, listen to the podcast and get more inside info on this project. Scott is a great guy and you know Spooky has already reached the finish line in building games. We'd love to see some more support for this project !

We are NOT a distributor for Riot Pinball (yet : ) ), but we do want to see the good guys succeed even if we ain't selling what they got !

You can download the podcast on Itunes or check it out here on Spooky Pinball's website !

Riot Pinball's website : http://www.riotpinball.com

Enjoy !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Distributors for Jersey Jack Pinball, Planetary Pinball, Spooky Pinball, and Virtuapin.
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#827 9 years ago

great episode. I am always amazed at what at professional you are Scott and how you handle all the adversity of the current start up pinball world.

#828 9 years ago

For those on the fence about getting in on this, listen to the podcast. The 11 minute to 30 minute mark is Scott talking about the development and game play. The 30 minute to 58 minute mark is about the production aspect.
I was incredibly nervous about sending money. I've been reading the Jpop, MMr threads, and briefly about TBL. I've never bought a NIB pin and was, well skeptical. The more I read and learn about this project, the more confidence I have in it. If 25-30 more get in on this, we will have our machines. If your at all hesitant get in touch with Scott, here's very communicative and answered all my questions. Everyone who's already in on this, wants this machine bad. There's a reason for that.

#829 9 years ago

Great podcast containing a lot of information. Thanks to Spooky for the interview. I have no worries about leaving my money with Scott. It is in good hands.

#830 9 years ago

I refuse to take my money back.

#831 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wish I had money to give.

#832 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Best post of the year !!! LOVE IT !!!
Way to support the good guys folks.....

#833 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Best post of the year !!! LOVE IT !!..

The year is less than a day old. Lol

#834 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The year is less than a day old. Lol

I can be declared the winner twice in one day buddy! Just let me have this moment.

#835 9 years ago

Just my opinion but I can't understand why someone would choose a Stern LE over this game for the same money, so much more in this machine (and more 'limited' as well).

#836 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Just my opinion but I can't understand why someone would choose a Stern LE over this game for the same money, so much more in this machine (and more 'limited' as well).

1. Price is more than a stern LE.
2. Lots of unknowns still. What will the music sound like? How about the final call outs? More importantly, when will we see games produced. I know they're viewing Q3 for production, but a lot of third party pin manufacturers have failed making their dates (DP, MMR, Heighway, etc...) what makes riot pinball different?

Those are the reasons most ppl aren't pulling the trigger on an $8k 1st timer pin.

That said, WOOLY looks amazing. Scott and his co get nothing but positive feedback from the community. And, spooky (the only team to build, ship, and sell a boutique pin) is backing them for the production. Spooky has said they plan to hire more help to increase production to be more than 2-3 games/wk, but that's another unknown. Anyone who invests in a boutique game has to know that timeline promises aren't always met.

I wish riot, spooky, and WOOLY all the best. I think A LOT of people are pulling for them; hell im even tempted to still back them with a deposit, but $8k is deep pockets for me and my life at this point of time - maybe after tax season things will be better for me to feel comfortable pulling that trigger

Game and code looks phenomenal guys. GL!

#837 9 years ago

Great interview. If you are still on the fence, listen to it! Support the good guys and join us...

Quoted from Eskaybee:

2. Lots of unknowns still. What will the music sound like? How about the final call outs? More importantly, when will we see games produced.

1. Marginally higher than a LE seen from Europe. Cheaper than TBL or TH.
2. Far less unknowns than most of the pins. Code is done. Game was playable. Music can be changed. Call outs is still a point that needs to be addressed, but I do not call this "lots of unknowns".
3. Spooky pinball is producing the game at its own speed - they might not be the fastest around, but they are reliable, have excellent QC given the praise from AMH owners and do not give false promises.

By preordering WOOLY you are not funding development: development is done. Code is mature. Artwork is ready. No licensing mess. Your money goes to the game, and nothing else.

#838 9 years ago

If the production gets limited to 100, or less, I'll be in.

#839 9 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

I will be in for a second one immediately if the production is limited to 100, even 125 and it would be limited enough to make me feel comfortable backing the second purchase as an investment.
Granted I don't want the game to me more limited than it already is. I just want it to get made by any means needed.

#840 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

2. Lots of unknowns still. What will the music sound like? How about the final call outs? More importantly, when will we see games produced. I know they're viewing Q3 for production, but a lot of third party pin manufacturers have failed making their dates (DP, MMR, Heighway, etc...) what makes riot pinball different?

1. By Q4 2015 I was told to expect SternLE to cost more than this
2. I to an concerned about tunes and callouts but from what they have done with everything else in the game, I figure they deserve the trust that they will pull through in tunes department as well. They have committed to hiring professional voice people. Even if the tunes or callouts are not to my liking they will be modifiable so I can make them to my liking and I am sure sound guys that really knoe their stuff will be ripping stuff from other sources and making some cool stuff that even a doof like me can insert. For production dates, Spooky has proven themselves and they trust in Riot which is all I need. I personally expect things may take slightly longer for the first few to come off the line than early Q4, but they will not be far behind and will be at a steady pace once they do.

For cost, this is like paying less than a Pro model now ($4500 total by mid feb) so they can go tool up and buy actual parts for your game and then the remaining $3500 when your game is ready in 1 year (give or take depending on where you are in production).

If you listened to the podcast then you know the deal >>> contact Scott. Give him a call or email and see when can be done for you to work out the logistics.

#841 9 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

I am not a big fan of a really limited run (would love to see this game everywhere!) but if that's a sufficient incentive for more orders, so be it.

#842 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hi everyone... Each month we sponsor a segment on the Spooky Pinball Podcast titled 'PinballSTAR of the Month' where we feature a guest in the hobby...
This month we want to get some exposure to a great project and great asset to the hobby - Wrath of Olympus (WOOLY) and Riot Pinball owner, Scott Gullicks. Scott talks about his desire to build his own pinball machine on Virtual Pinball platform and then eventually he built the real thing... Then with so much interest and accolades for this feature jam packed game he decided to try to get out there and build it...
Scott is currently in a pre-sale mode for this game $ 1,000 down, fully refundable to try to get to 100 interested parties to bring this game to fruition. Spooky Pinball will be building it for him as well. Before you say, oh another pre-order pipe dream, this isn't one of those.. This game is fully designed and all monies paid will go into building YOUR game at this point. He just needs to get to 100 to have the economies of scale have it make sense to proceed.
Well, listen to the podcast and get more inside info on this project. Scott is a great guy and you know Spooky has already reached the finish line in building games. We'd love to see some more support for this project !
We are NOT a distributor for Riot Pinball (yet : ) ), but we do want to see the good guys succeed even if we ain't selling what they got !
You can download the podcast on Itunes or check it out here on Spooky Pinball's website !
Riot Pinball's website : http://www.riotpinball.com
Enjoy !
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Distributors for Jersey Jack Pinball, Planetary Pinball, Spooky Pinball, and Virtuapin.
[email protected]
570-357-0042

Buy 25-30 and you'll pretty much become the sole distributor. Even better buy the entire 100-125 and make it a certainty.

#843 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'll take his money back if he doesn't want it.

#844 9 years ago

Spooky is building at 2-3 per week. So that makes up to a year to build 100 games. I haven't heard Charlie say exactly how much he is willing to hire to support building this game (although I haven't listened to the podcast yet, maybe he has said there). But WOOLY is going to way more difficult to assemble than AMH. Lots more parts to deal with. Even adding staff is an unknown when you look at a schedule. Without any slippage it could easily be 20 months before you see your game. Long time to wait with a $4500 deposit. But it is a great looking game. I'm still interested, but not to tie up my money for that long.

#845 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Why?

Because you can play a Stern LE today.

This game is a vapor at this time, people have paid for JPop games and PPS games and JJP games and DP games without having anything to play. But Stern is not just selling games they are shipping games.

#846 9 years ago

WOW! Scott is a genuine guy.

LISTEN, LISTEN to the podcast. http://www.spookypinball.com/podcast-2/

Amazing features, Mini games, Original upper flipper design, Questions answered, Common sense, Real people, Upfront accounting, Honest conversation.

#847 9 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Without any slippage it could easily be 20 months before you see your game. Long time to wait with a $4500 deposit. But it is a great looking game. I'm still interested, but not to tie up my money for that long.

That is a VERY misleading estimate. If you listen to the podcast you would have more knowledge and be able to get a better idea of reality.

Right now it sounds like just shy of 50 ordered. If you got in now that means 25 weeks to get your game built (this assumes worst case of spooky still only building 2 per week and you are #50). That is 6 months.

I really do not understand why people can't do simple math or are trying to make it sound worse than reality.

The goal is 100 committed to make the project a go. The first 100 should get built in under 12 months from start of production if they do 2 per week after they get rolling. If they end up doing more than 2 per week (listen to the podcast for more info) then it will take even less time.

#848 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why?
Because you can play a Stern LE today.
This game is a vapor at this time, people have paid for JPop games and PPS games and JJP games and DP games without having anything to play. But Stern is not just selling games they are shipping games.

Have you listened to the podcast? Seems to me like it is a poor comparison to look at Riot and Spooky compared to many of the other you have listed.

#850 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

but a lot of third party pin manufacturers have failed making their dates (DP, MMR, Heighway, etc...)

Heighway Pinball has *not* missed a date.

At least not yet.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I can be declared the winner twice in one day buddy! Just let me have this moment.

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.