2 (resized).jpg
skillshot-scanlines (resized).PNG
myc-scanlines (resized).PNG
hydra-hit-scanlines (resized).PNG
medusa-start-scanlines (resized).PNG
minotaur-scan (resized).PNG
cronus-addtime-scanlines (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 41.
#551 9 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Looks like a great new feature. I would suggest that just hitting the start button should take it out of that mode and go straight to a game. 5 seconds is a long time to wait to exit.

This is a good idea. I will implement your suggestion. Thank you. In the next iteration of the software, you will be able to hit the start button during the jukebox mode to go straight into the game, OR choose to hold the flipper button in to turn off the jukebox and return back to attract mode.

#552 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

now that is "listening to your (potential) customers"

glad i am in on this pin!!!!

#553 9 years ago

Now that Hilton (Whysnow) is on "Holidays", my turn to give free bumps to that awesome game!

#554 9 years ago

First snow fall at my office today. Bump this thread to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Christopher

#555 9 years ago

Thanks for the bump Christopher! Great time for a WOOLY update!

Just wanted to share a bit of new information with everyone. We are currently in the process of getting the original prototype fully up to speed with all the latest toys and improvements that were implemented in the second prototype. Ideally we’ll have two machines all with professional playfields and up to date toys, mechs, electronics, et. in the coming weeks.

We have also been very busy adding to the code, fixing little bugs, and implementing other updates. Many of you had a lot of great suggestions and comments that we’ve been busy working on adding to the software package. Some of these include:

-Bypass Pandora’s jukebox by pressing START during attract mode.

-Monster and god modes are now RANDOM instead of sequential: once mode start is lit and the center VUK is hit one of the four monsters will be chosen at random. Once all four monsters are played then you ascend to challenge the gods. Ares, Poseidon and Hades are then randomly selected – once all three have been played, then you challenge Zeus!

-Crafting of the Main Wizard mode has begun. Without giving away too much detail, the main wizard mode is entitled CHALLENGE OF THE GODS. After beating all of the monsters, all of the gods and passing SIRENS to safety, you will start the challenges. There are 5 challenges, and each challenge gives you a quality of immortality. Each challenge has different tasks and new battle music. Each musical selection follows the theme and sets the mood of the challenge. Complete all 5 challenges and you are awarded with IMMORTALITY and you get your name in the journals of history – i.e. initials on the leader board. There will be an option for home setting to go directly to CHALLENGE OF THE GODS – this will make the wizard mode available to players who would like to experience it but may never reach it during a normal game (however this option will not allow the player to register their initials on the leader board). Also of note, if you play all the monsters and gods but do not defeat all of them, you will return to battle the monsters and gods that you did not previously defeat before (for instance if you failed just one monster initially, you would only have to go back and defeat that one monster in order to get to CHALLENGE OF THE GODS).

-Tournament mode and options are under development.

Thank you to all those who have trust in us to deliver a fantastic pinball machine next year with their deposits. It’s a challenging time for pinball with much uncertainty, but I can guarantee to those who have already put a deposit down and to those thinking about it that you can rest assured that you will see open communication from me and quick and prompt handling of questions and issues that may arise from now until games are ready.

We continue to get orders in on a weekly basis and have a strong base, however we still have a ways to go to get to 100 orders. As always, if you have any questions or concerns that may be holding you back from ordering this one of a kind pinball machine, please email me at [email protected]

#556 9 years ago

That wizard mode sounds awesome. Love what you guys are doing with that. Can't wait to see and try out some of the new code.

Quoted from T-800:

We continue to get orders in on a weekly basis and have a strong base, however we still have a ways to go to get to 100 orders.

This is the absolute crime of the pinball century. If this does not make it to 100 and the game doesn't get made, I may personally reign down the wrath of Zeus on every Pinsider that is not on the pre-order list.

Your fate is in your hands. Order WOOLY, or die.

#557 9 years ago

Or worse!

#558 9 years ago

Is the pin music used at expo slated for the final version?

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That wizard mode sounds awesome. Love what you guys are doing with that. Can't wait to see and try out some of the new code.

This is the absolute crime of the pinball century. If this does not make it to 100 and the game doesn't get made, I may personally reign down the wrath of Zeus on every Pinsider that is not on the pre-order list.
Your fate is in your hands. Order WOOLY, or die.

maybe someone can win a big lotto jackpot and commit to buy the # of games needed to hit 100.

#560 9 years ago

T-800, sounds like you have a great code, I especially like the ability to try the wizard mode!!!

#561 9 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

maybe someone can win a big lotto jackpot and commit to buy the # of games needed to hit 100.

Man I hope that's not what we have to hope for to get this built.

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Man I hope that's not what we have to hope for to get this built.

I really want to see this pin hit the market too.

The artwork is nice and the rules are looking to be awesome, but I think the music and lights could use a lot of improvement. That's the #1 thing holding me back. (Besides the fact I don't understand why there is a flipper on the middle left play field.)

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from jayvo86:

but I think the music and lights could use a lot of improvement. That's the #1 thing holding me back.

The current music is merely placeholder for now, it will change. Regardless, Scott has mentioned that all the sounds (music, callouts, etc) will be easily changed by the user. Don't like the music, throw down a few of your favorite tracks in there. Problem solved.

Quoted from jayvo86:

(Besides the fact I don't understand why there is a flipper on the middle left play field.)

He has shown a shot map a few times and explained this to someone that had a similar concern. I think he mentioned a few things to shoot with it, but I forget them all. I do know that it shoots the loop thing above the right flipper (forget what that does for you) but that flipper is needed to make the cross-playfield shot to which is part of the 9-shot combo.

#564 9 years ago

The mid left mini flipper has 5 shots:
1) safe escape loop above the bumper
2) bumper (Achilles hurryup, skillshot, normal play)
3) #1myst target for pandoras box ball lock (under the box)
4) #2myst target for pandoras box ball lock (under the box)
5) HADES bash when he comes out of the playfield

Quoted from Cheeks:

He has shown a shot map a few times and explained this to someone that had a similar concern. I think he mentioned a few things to shoot with it, but I forget them all. I do know that it shoots the loop thing above the right flipper (forget what that does for you) but that flipper is needed to make the cross-playfield shot to which is part of the 9-shot combo.

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from jayvo86:

Besides the fact I don't understand why there is a flipper on the middle left play field.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Ask and thou shalt receive...

Thanks, this was a much better answer than mine, although you did leave out that it's needed for the 9-shot combo.

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The current music is merely placeholder for now, it will change.

That's really good to know. Right now it sounds like some 90's rock theme pin. Instead, I'm hoping for something more tailored to taking an epic quest.

I'll keep an ear out for more updates.

#567 9 years ago

Thanks! It was hard to tell by the videos but it seems there are a lot of good options.

#568 9 years ago
Quoted from jayvo86:

Right now it sounds like some 90's rock theme pin. Instead, I'm hoping for something more tailored to taking an epic quest.

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from jayvo86:

That's really good to know. Right now it sounds like some 90's rock theme pin. Instead, I'm hoping for something more tailored to taking an epic quest.

Not sure what they have planned, but I think people said it's Metallica and Tool in there now??? Not sure. I like my share of metal, but not either of those bands...regardless I get your point.

No matter what they pick, you can put in whatever you want.

Quoted from jayvo86:

No you won't...You will pre-order this machine...NOW!

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not sure what they have planned, but I think people said it's Metallica and Tool in there now??? Not sure. I like my share of metal, but not either of those bands...regardless I get your point.

No you won't...You will pre-order this machine...NOW!

I'll give you Metallica, ehhh. But you like metal and not Tool? Man, all of MJK's stuff is awesome!

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I'll give you Metallica, ehhh. But you like metal and not Tool? Man, all of MJK's stuff is awesome!

OK, I've probably been more "nu metal" Disturbed, Linkin Park, Dope, Godsmack...

However, I'm open minded, so before I say anything negative about Tool, I'm going to check them out in more depth on Spotify this weekend. I'll report back.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I didn't hear Metallica in the videos and there sounded like there way something like Tool.

Either way, If you've ever played Heros of the Might and Magic or watched the Hercules TV series, I'd expect to hear something more along the lines of that.

Adding my own music and sound bytes sounds incredibly tedious.

#573 9 years ago

BUMP!

Less talking and more buying folks . WE need to get this to 100 sold and the clock is ticking. Seriously, reach out to loaded pinheads you know and turn them on to this project. The game speaks for itself but goven the current situation we are going to have to help get the word out to non-Pinsiders so they know about the game and see the value of getting in and ensuring it gets built.

It will be a atrocity if WOOLY never comes to life!!!

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

BUMP!
Less talking and more buying folks . WE need to get this to 100 sold and the clock is ticking. Seriously, reach out to loaded pinheads you know and turn them on to this project. The game speaks for itself but goven the current situation we are going to have to help get the word out to non-Pinsiders so they know about the game and see the value of getting in and ensuring it gets built.

Welcome back

#575 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

BUMP!

Do we know when the next update on progress will be?

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from jayvo86:

Do we know when the next update on progress will be?

We gave an update 3 days ago, check out a few replies earlier. We will probably have another update next week. Are you interested in something in particular?

#577 9 years ago

We gave an update 3 days ago, check out a few replies earlier. We will probably have another update next week. Are you interested in something in particular?

I'm interested in seeing where the pin goes with music and lights. (Particularly the music.)

#578 9 years ago

Hello Everyone! I've been a little quiet lately, thought I'd post another quick update. We've been busy with getting prototypes ready for shipment between developers as well as more software updates and programming additions. The second WOOLY prototype with the additional toys and upgraded playfield, plastics, ramps, ball guides, etc. has been successfully shipped from MN to my programmer in PA. While Skype has been a wonderful tool for doing code testing and debug, there is nothing quite like having the game in house for quick turnaround on testing. The first prototype is currently en route back to MN where I will be upgrading it's "guts" with the new playfield, and all the other upgrades and new toys etc. In the next couple of weeks we'll have two machines all at the same build level.

In the meantime programming will be able to make leaps and bounds during the next few weeks; hopefully we'll have another good video update to show off all the latest software features. Most of the work that's currently being done includes the rule set to our wizard mode -Challenge of the Gods. It will have five levels that have you pitting against the gods for one final attempt at immortality. Each level is different with unique objectives - it will be skill based and not just a flail fest at balls all over the place. The first challenge requires you to complete certain parts of the immortality combo in order to advance - luckily though, the game will not require the entire combo all at once to ascend to the next level.

As always, if you have questions or would like to place an order for your own Wrath of Olympus, please email me at [email protected] Thanks!

#579 9 years ago

thanks for the update scott. as it gets colder outside i find myself inside playing more and more. can't wait to see WOOLY in the lineup!

#580 9 years ago

Saturday WOOLY bump

#581 9 years ago

Thanks for the update Scott. Sounds great!

#582 9 years ago

Hello WOOLY fans - I have another quick update for all of you. We received a lot of positive response on being able to access the Challenge of the Gods as a special game play feature - based on that interest we started coding in some other options for the home user as well. All of the god modes will now also be accessible through the menu so you can practice those individual modes without having to try and play through the whole game to get there.

We are also taking a somewhat novel approach to additional software updates down the road. Since Greek history is so full of characters and stories, we’d like to expand WOOLY's rule set to include other characters as well. This will effectively extend your journey with the Wrath of Olympus pinball machine through the addition of mini games. These mini games will be accessible from the start button as choices. You can choose to play a new mini game, play a trainer for one of the god modes, or play the full game. These games can easily be installed and offer a whole new and unique playing experience. Our plan is to develop approximately 5 additional mini games and roll them out over the first year.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post or email me at [email protected]!

#583 9 years ago

WOW!!!

Just keeps getting better!!!!

#584 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Hello WOOLY fans - I have another quick update for all of you. We received a lot of positive response on being able to access the Challenge of the Gods as a special game play feature - based on that interest we started coding in some other options for the home user as well. All of the god modes will now also be accessible through the menu so you can practice those individual modes without having to try and play through the whole game to get there.
We are also taking a somewhat novel approach to additional software updates down the road. Since Greek history is so full of characters and stories, we’d like to expand WOOLY's rule set to include other characters as well. This will effectively extend your journey with the Wrath of Olympus pinball machine through the addition of mini games. These mini games will be accessible from the start button as choices. You can choose to play a new mini game, play a trainer for one of the god modes, or play the full game. These games can easily be installed and offer a whole new and unique playing experience. Our plan is to develop approximately 5 additional mini games and roll them out over the first year.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post or email me at [email protected]!

Do you have a lot of free ram / storage for of that? Planing to use a full X86 based pc or a more limited ARM board for the main CPU.

#585 9 years ago

Thanks for the update.
How close are we to the 100 needed to proceed?

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Do you have a lot of free ram / storage for of that? Planing to use a full X86 based pc or a more limited ARM board for the main CPU.

We are using a single board computer running a variant of linux with 8 gb of storage. We are currently using 2 gb so we have plenty of space available for future updates.

#587 9 years ago

We are using a single board computer running a variant of linux with 8 gb of storage. We are currently using 2 gb so we have plenty of space available for future updates.

What about system ram / cpu power?

#588 9 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

What about system ram / cpu power?

This is the board we are currently using and it performs great:

-cubieboard3-cortex-a7-dual-core-2gb-ram-8gb-flash-with-wifi

We havent enabled wifi, but its an option we can explore at some later date. We currently have our code update working via usb stick (flash drive)

#589 9 years ago

if you do wifi also use E-net at the same time.

#590 9 years ago

Bump for Wooly - many of us have received an update from Scott...
Let's make this game!

#591 9 years ago

Awesome update!

We should each buy a second game just to make this happen

#592 9 years ago

Read the update...very cool.
Hope more jump in both feet on this one.

#593 9 years ago

Very impressive Scott!

#594 9 years ago

Is the update something that can be shared? The game seems like it could be very good but I am not yet ready to put in a deposit. So any information would be appreciated.

#595 9 years ago
Quoted from Tangiers:

Is the update something that can be shared?

Unsure if I am allowed to forward Scott's email. Best is to pm / email him at at [email protected]

Don't worry, you won't be spammed by Riot Pinball. They just send regular updates...

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from Tangiers:

Is the update something that can be shared? The game seems like it could be very good but I am not yet ready to put in a deposit. So any information would be appreciated.

Hi Tangiers - the update I sent out was basically a comprehensive collection of the mini-updates that I've been posting in this thread as well as a brief summary of the answers to a few of the questions that have come up. The only real new information I communicated was the current status of how many WOOLY orders have been placed. As I stated in the email, right now we are a shy of 50 orders and have a ways to go to get to 100. If you or anyone else that is currently thinking about ordering one of my pinball machines but have some lingering questions or concerns that I can help answer please feel free to email me. [email protected]

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

As I stated in the email, right now we are a shy of 50 orders and have a ways to go to get to 100.

This is shameful folks! WOOLY was arguably the best game at expo. TBL got all the attention, but WOOLY was the shit. I certainly know there is pre-order fatigue (which I'm feeling on several fronts as well), but it will be a crime against humanity if this game doesn't get made because not enough people saw how good it will be.

#598 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

crime against humanity

Not sure I would go that far, but it would be unfortunate for many, many reasons if it does not get made.

I've talked with Scott on some ideas on getting the info on WOOLY out there and I encourage the fans here to spread the word to pinball fans that are not on pinside.

Hopefully Scott will reconsider having a drop dead date and be willing to take WOOLY on a spring tour to some of the shows outside the midwest, so more people can see this game in person, although I do understand that can be an expensive thing to do in both money and time off of work.

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This is shameful folks! WOOLY was arguably the best game at expo. TBL got all the attention, but WOOLY was the shit. I certainly know there is pre-order fatigue (which I'm feeling on several fronts as well), but it will be a crime against humanity if this game doesn't get made because not enough people saw how good it will be.

I'm sure Scott could build a smaller number (if he was willing), they'd just have to cost a lot more money.

#600 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not sure I would go that far, but it would be unfortunate for many, many reasons if it does not get made.

Well I think I said somewhere else that the Gods would strike down anyone who didn't buy this game. I'm not above hyperbole when it comes to talking about WOOLY.

There are 2,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.