Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by yoshootme
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Ace in the hole...got a WPT a few weeks back. everything worked as promised. after a few days the AitH stopped working. interestingly, on occasion, it will work at start up for a game or two and then stop. it never works at the end of the day, only in the morning, if i get a game in before work. so the very nice guy I bought it from has been making suggestions to test before I go at taking the mechanism part (which i fear ! as a newbie). I can hear it "click" when doing the switch tests for both the "bar up" and bar down" switches, yet the bars dont move. I also put a jumper at the q19 tab to a ground. could hear it fire yet no movement. anything else i should do before I take it apart? thanks, yo

#2 11 years ago

Try the following to help debug it further. WPT is a pain when the ace in hole fails.

1) Check the resistance of the mini-coil that releases the bars. It should be around 5.5 ohms. If it is around 14 ohms then you have the original and need to get a replacement. This will make sure the mini-coil properly releases the bar (in some cases the original mini-coil had too much resistance and wasn't effectively releasing the bar).

2) Unplug the AitH main coil (the one that raises the bars) and then test the bar release mini-coil to make sure it drops.
3) Plug the main coil back in and then unplug the bar release coil and test the main coil to make sure it raises the bars.
4) If those work just fine separately. Try them when both are plugged in. If something doesn't work then, it could be some short that is causing the main coil to fire a split second after the release coil fires.

#3 11 years ago

thanks. will give it a go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wptace-in-the-hole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.