Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've had WPT for quite some time now & IMO it is a perfect machine for home use. WPT has a extremely profound rule set, & the game can be approached in many different ways. With this said, after many-many plays I've only managed to arrive at The World Championship twice. Though I thoroughly understand the rules & the several mini wizard modes this title has to offer, when I have accomplished The Championship ~ I'm not so sure what to do. Does anyone have any insight, goals, or objectives of this particular wizard mode ~ WPT World Championship?

#2 6 years ago

The WPT World Championship, too, is a mini-wizard mode. The Keefer Invitational is the true wizard mode.

#3 6 years ago

Yeah...AFAIK the only requirement for World Championship is to play through all the cities, so...RAMPS RAMPS RAMPS. I got through like 4 cities the other night and started Poker Wizard (complete all the normal "modes") for the first time. I was curious where I was at towards Keefer Invitational...trapped up and waited for the status report, and let the LULZ begin... I had only qualified one requirement...50 million points in modes. All the rest were about *halfway* there. That game ended up being 232 million, and even with my Ace in the Hole that won't hold a captive ball and you can just shoot inside the hole repeatedly because the gate lifts up when it's qualified and you hit both flippers, I still didn't get anywhere NEAR any of the rest of the objectives. It's pretty crazy, really looking forward to adapting the rules for Voltron. Feels like most of the changes will be cosmetic relabeling, aside from the rules for Drop Target Poker.

Really liking finally having this game, but man it *NEEDS* strong flippers and mine need some love. That left ramp especially hard to make being so far back.

If you don't have the latest code, let me know... I have an extra chip someone sent me when I wasn't sure if the one I was going to order was going to show up, I'll pass it on. The last code revision added status reports for the KI requirements.

#4 6 years ago

No doubt that this title is very involved w/ so much to do. The mood in WPT sort of reminds me of the baseball atmosphere where for the most part the game of baseball goes through the motions, & then all the sudden ~ Swing & A Long Drive Deep.... Then the rule progression calms down to ~ The Wind Up & The Pitch > Swing & A Ground Ball To Second Base.... Flop, turn, & river is equivalent to ~ The Wind Up & The Pitch, & the many multiballs & modes remind me of ~ Swing & A Long Drive. Not sure if one would agree w/ this analogy but one thing is for sure, there is an ebb & flow to WPT.
Also, still trying to understand the objectives for the World Championship. If anyone has any insight to this, that would be greatly appreciated. & thanks so much for the offer on the latest code update, but I already have the latest 1.14 code installed.

#5 6 years ago

I'm probably going to take the glass off soon and document everything. Have the next two days off but tonight is game night and tomorrow is league.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-world-championship-rules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.