By Manhattan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WPT Switch Matrix (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I'd start by looking at the switch matrix in your manual. How are all the switches related? Same row or column?

#4 5 years ago

I would test other switches in that row. The green-yellow wire is probably broken at one of them. 50 or 51 seem likely suspects.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

I was thinking that since the entire row is out it might lead to the main board area.

If EVERY switch in the row is out then you probably have the green-yellow wire pulled out of the connector at J1-pin 5. But could also be the drive transistor Q4 I suppose.
An excellent switch matrix troubleshooting guide is located at https://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/repair-guides/146-switch-matrix-theory-and-troubleshooting#row-failure
At the end of that article it describes how to disconnect your playfield and test the board. If your board tests good you know it's a broken wire somewhere.

I thought from reading your first post that the first couple of the row four switches were working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bucks County, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-switch-issue?tu=YeOldPinPlayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.