WPT strange/random scoring problem

By QuickSilverShelby

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey all,

I've got a World Poker Tour machine that is in excellent shape and everything works good except I have a strange scoring problem. I'll start the game and the ball ejects into the shooter lane and then if I do nothing I get a random scoring amount (maybe 7000 points) and if I still do nothing a few seconds later I get another couple thousand points and so on. Every time I get this mysterious score there is a "chiming" sound that accompanies each random amount of point. This continues throughout the game while game play is going and it is totally random. It doesn't coincide with any shots, targets, orbits or use of the flippers.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

QSS

#2 7 years ago

Go into switch test & see if something is firing.

#3 7 years ago

Flaky optos somewhere.

LTG : )

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Go into switch test & see if something is firing.

I just went to switch test and nothing. I shook the shit out of the machine, pressed flippers and nothing is firing. I'll check the optos next.

QSS

#5 7 years ago

I think I got it figured. After doing a switch test and then checking all the optos everything seamd ok. I check a few other things and it looks like it was one of the leaf switches on the left side of the play field was stuck on. I used my handy dandy leaf switch adjuster tool and the problem went away.

Thanks Loyd and Butch for your help.

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-strangerandom-scoring-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.