Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pcb schematic (resized).png
20171003_211025 (resized).jpg
20171003_210841 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi folks,
I've got a question regarding my wpt. Sometimes when I turn the game on after it has been off for a while. It forgets it's settings, so I thought it was a dead battery. But then I turned it off and turned it back on again and the settings were there again. Also when it forgets the settings and I go into the menu I can't alter any settings like put it on free play. Does anybody have a clue what could cause this?

Thank you in advance
Peter

#2 6 years ago

Memory protect switch not working right.

Or battery damage on the CPU.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Memory protect switch not working right.
Or battery damage on the CPU.
LTG : )

thanks for the quick reply as always LTG.
It has a button cell and I don't see damage. Could that still be it? Will look into the memory protect switch. Could this also lead to sudden resets? It just reset on me during a very good game This is my first stern so not really into the electronics yet. thanks

#4 6 years ago

So I tried changing adjustments and starting the game with interlock switch on and off but it didn't give me any of the problems. So I inspected the boards and around the battery there was some work done. Now I have to figure out what they tried to repair and how they did it, and more importantly how i'm going to fix it. Here are the pictures :

20171003_211025 (resized).jpg20171003_211025 (resized).jpg20171003_210841 (resized).jpg20171003_210841 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Before you get crazy deep in the troubleshooting...Have you changed the battery? Kind of a process of elimination thing.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Before you get crazy deep in the troubleshooting...Have you changed the battery? Kind of a process of elimination thing.

That is good advice. I don't have a battery, and I think it would not be the problem since it does keep the settings but sometimes just don't "grab" them. Also now it resetted and I see a "reset" on the pcb with some work on it I want to know what is up.

#7 6 years ago

I found (a) or (the) problem. I broke the leg of the small black smd component that was soldered on the reset resistor. And now it does the problem I described before. Now I have to find out what it was they tried to fix and how I want to fix it (the right way).

#8 6 years ago

Allright, I think I have it figured out. The additions were of Q10, R225 and D10. The weird thing is: I can't find the place where Q10, R225 should be on the pcb.

See previous pictures to see what's available on my pcb. Can anybody confirm this is how it should be? And how should I fix? The same way it was?pcb schematic (resized).pngpcb schematic (resized).png

#9 6 years ago

Nobody able to confirm this is Q10? And it should be on there like this since there is no other place for it?

#10 6 years ago

ordered a new MMBF170 (Q10) and just put it in how it was at the beginnen. And I think it's fixed but won't know for sure until a couple of days. Also contacted stern with the problem but they couldn't directly help me either. Still thought it was cool they answered my mail

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-forgets-and-unable-to-adjust and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.