Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Ockeyhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I recently purchased this phenomenal machine from Butch 2099 & it's perfect in every way! This machine is fantastic, w/ the exception of the drop targets chatter as they're being reset. Butch did disclose this issue, & I was fully aware that I would need to do the washer/guide rail raise to fix this slight problem. So I recently did the Stern Bulletin that indicates ~ placing 1/16th washers behind the drop target upper guide rail will solve this issue. As the upper four top targets were the worse of the three, I did that set first. When completed the problem still exists, & the 7 of spades is lit the entire time. The top four drop targets still chatter three times before being raised. Any advice???

#2 7 years ago

Mine had a similar issue, i would reset 2/3 times, it had a dud drop target opto, put it in switch test & check each drop target/opto

#3 7 years ago

Thanks so much for your reply. I'll give that a try when I arrive back from work late this evening. If this is the issue w/ the persistent target reset, where would I purchase new drop target/optos?

#4 7 years ago

Email Chris at [email protected]

He makes a phenomenal opto board for this game and others.

#6 7 years ago

Had a chance to do a switch test, & it indicated that switches #1 & 2 were out of service. Since I just acquired the machine & don't have a manual, & I'm not sure what switches #1 & 2 are. The machine is playing just perfectly w/ the exception of the drop target chatter. Can anyone verify what switches #1 & 2 are?

#8 7 years ago

pretty sure 1&2 come up on mine also, you need to manually lift & drop the target to hear the opto beep for each target, mine had a dud opto with no service error

#9 7 years ago

Well it turns out that there isn't a switch #1 & 2. Possibly those mystery switches were meant to be part of the game & were scratched during the final production of the machine? Also had the chance to manually drop the targets, & all is fine w/ the exception of the 7 of spades drop target. At this point, I'm just going to contact Chris & replace the opto boards throughout the machine. Thanks for the reference to this djriel! Thanks also to blowback1976 for the WPT manual page. The manual site is a treasure trove of information & it's Just What I Needed. < Absolutely no pun intended to The Cars connection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Bucks County, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-drop-target-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.