(Topic ID: 188367)

WPT Center Drops Reject Fix

By HankScorpio

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am getting a lot of rejects off of the center drop targets (the drops located in front of the upper play field). On hard direct shots the ball bounces off the drops and they stay up. They drop on softer shots though. I know it has something to do with the rubber ring located behind the drops.

I thought I saw a fix for this, but can't find it anywhere. Any help is appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

Subbed as I own one too

#5 6 years ago

Thanks everyone, but I already did that fix to keep them from not resetting properly.

My problem is the four drops below the upper playfield won't drop when hit. This only happens on a hard straight shot. The drops seem to hit the rubber ring behind them which prevents them from dropping.

#6 6 years ago

Hank,
When i first got my WPT those targets you are referring to would not reset all the time so i did the service bulletin. The problem then was with the added washers the targets would rarely drop like you are describing. Instead i replaced the ledge that the targets sit on with a new one and got rid of the washers i had added previously. Now they drop as they should majority of the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-center-drops-reject-fix-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.