Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by StevenP
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Just got a WPT and set a lot of things up. It was used so I think the ball gates were already removed. Anyway want to know what people set this game to as mine is playing very well though I think I could change a few settings to make it play a little faster

Game is incredible with rules and I still do not understand how to stack 3X with another 3X and another 3X if anyone can tell me I'm anxious to try it

#2 11 years ago

I need to look in the menus, but if there is a way to turn off the Spin-A-Card animation, that would be helpful.

If you're looking for speed, you can all but disable the posts that pop up and catch the ball when you hit ramp shots. There are multiple settings for them. Personally, I like when they pop up during multiball, because I'm not a great player.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/worldpokertour/index.html This is a solid review.

I also read a review that a pinsider wrote on his blog, but I'm struggling to find where he posted it. His handle is sixsixtie.

#3 11 years ago

White rubber is a must along with the disabling of posts and removal of the gate. Here are some other suggestions that I posted in RGP a few years ago when I owned WPT. It is one of the few games I regret selling. Mine played so sweet! Every other one that I have come across at shows or on location played like crap and usually the Ace in the Hole is broken.

Here are some suggestions.

White Rubber rings and red flippers.

Mylar in the pops area. The ball launches out of the Poker Corner and dimples in the pops... This will give you practice removing the upper playfield.

Use bulb condoms on the GI lights on the backboard. I used red, white and blue. White condoms look good on the shooter lane GI bulbs and also on the bare GI bulb above the left outlane. Nothing worse than a bare bulb.

Replace the four blue bulbs above the four red targets (below the clear PF) with four 44 bulbs w/blue condoms. Frosted LEDs might work well here also. You can barely see the factory bulbs.

Get one of Kim's glare guards and the Pinball Pall warming filter. The glare is brutal on the upper PF on this game otherwise.

Update the software to the latest Rev - including the boot rom (U9 on the CPU). The U9 chip update allows the older SAM games to use any USB stick instead of just a few.

Remove the left gate to allow orbits from the right.

Replace the wimpy LEDs in the pops with some 444s or frosted LEDs and prop those limp ass sockets up somehow.

Use the tournament mode if you're a good player. It makes for a quicker game. Leave the regular start button set up for easier play for others...

Don't put LEDs under the inserts. The game has some really cool sweeping attract mode effects that would be ruined using LEDs.

WPT cards and chips are cheap on eBay and I even got some in my local supermarket here in Florida. You can replace the "deck" above the right ramp exit with the real thing:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~pinball_stuff/card.jpg

You can also make a nifty topper:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~zeecarr5/Pins.JPG

Leave the bar behind the center drops in place. Too many airballs with it removed.

Adjust the flippers... Make sure nothing binds.

#4 11 years ago

Damn just bought black rubbers. Why use white because they have more bounce?

Also my orbits are open. Buying the game used I'm not sure what was done and what is not factory as far as play since I have not played many WPT's on location

What gate do you remove? I can disable a lot of stuff in the menu. Not sure about the gate is this on the ramp as I kind of like the stop there for now

Also why no LEDs in the inserts do the bulbs dim?

#5 11 years ago

Not to crap on PT's point, but I had incandescents in my inserts and I feel that LEDs still look better despite the changes in lighting effects. My game came with the upper left orbit gate removed. I think thats the only one.

#6 11 years ago

Yes, the upper left orbit gate. The posts can be disabled on the Flop and turn if I remember correctly. Don't disable them completely, because there is also a setting for that if your post is broken...

WPT was the first SAM game and they went all out experimenting with really cool twinkling effects and sweeping lighting effects that only work with real bulbs. Leave the real bulbs in until you see what I mean. Then try replacing a section of the bulbs with LEDs. The LEDs are a spastic nightmare in this machine.

#7 11 years ago

Yup, disable posts on flop/turn. (option 37 or 38 on the features menu?) I keep mine on factory medium settings, with a fixed EB at 25M. I too think the game looks much better with incandescents for the inserts--really nice attract mode lights. Black rubbers are fine. There aren't many at all, apart from the few on the mini-pf. White ones there will make it very bouncy.

2 alternative play modes for WPT that I think are fun: Set main mode to Extra-Easy with unlimited EBs, 5-ball. You will have marathon stacked-multiball sessions! The game gets crazy busy on EE.

Also, you can play JUST drop target poker with a friend. Winner is the person who finishes the most drop target hands in a game--nothing else counts. Pretty cool game-within-a-game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-anyone-want-to-share-optimum-settings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.