1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by junkwavepete
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

hey all. Having an issue with WPT its driving me insane. When you press flipper buttons ace in the hole switch is triggered as if you hit ace in the hole. Doesnt matter if playfield is up or down. It also triggers when a ball is ejected into shooter lane. What fixes the issue is when i touch the metal lock in the back of the playfield with my finger. Any thoughts on where to start? it seems like a ground issue? I dunno im kinda lost on how to fix it. THanks for any help

#2 1 year ago

It sounds like a vibration issue to me. When you stick your finger on the lock pins, you're kind of holding the whole ace in the hole unit still. It stabilizes the thing and prevents it from shaking as much. Have you inspected the opto wiring for that area to make sure it's sturdy?

#3 1 year ago

When I put my fingers on the back of the ace in the hole shot it stops triggering. Not the actual jail bars. Like the scoop part where the ball sits when the play field is up.

#4 1 year ago

Alright, but you're still holding the unit steady. It's switch 59, which is an opto, that triggers ace in the hole. If the opto switch is triggering, it means the beam is getting interrupted somehow. It could be the transmitter side stops lining up perfectly with the receiver side. It could be a wire isn't making good contact with one side, so it's not powered. Whatever is causing it, the light is not getting from side A to B. You need to pull your playfield up and look at those two opto boards, and make sure they're screwed in nice and tight and that the wiring is well soldered to the board.

Edit: I say soldered, but they're weird boards and I don't have a WPT in front of me. They may be plugs. Either way, the wires need to be making good contact.

#5 1 year ago

everything was tight and all the wires were connected with good solder joints.

#6 1 year ago

Seems like it’s the bottom opto board. Crap part is I can’t find a replacement for it on any site.

#7 1 year ago

Pinball Center has one, but it's $$$$.

#8 1 year ago

I had the same issue. It turned out to be a broken solder joint. Check the board for this, as you may not need a new one.

2 months later
    #9 9 months ago

My Ace in the whole locks the ball as it should BUT, it realeases it after 5 seconds again, so you get two balls in play...? You can the drain it, but it should be working right and hold the ball until the multiball is activated... Do anyone have a sugestion what could be wrong?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 60.00
    $ 15.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside