Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RGAires
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

hey all. Having an issue with WPT its driving me insane. When you press flipper buttons ace in the hole switch is triggered as if you hit ace in the hole. Doesnt matter if playfield is up or down. It also triggers when a ball is ejected into shooter lane. What fixes the issue is when i touch the metal lock in the back of the playfield with my finger. Any thoughts on where to start? it seems like a ground issue? I dunno im kinda lost on how to fix it. THanks for any help

#2 5 years ago

It sounds like a vibration issue to me. When you stick your finger on the lock pins, you're kind of holding the whole ace in the hole unit still. It stabilizes the thing and prevents it from shaking as much. Have you inspected the opto wiring for that area to make sure it's sturdy?

#3 5 years ago

When I put my fingers on the back of the ace in the hole shot it stops triggering. Not the actual jail bars. Like the scoop part where the ball sits when the play field is up.

#4 5 years ago

Alright, but you're still holding the unit steady. It's switch 59, which is an opto, that triggers ace in the hole. If the opto switch is triggering, it means the beam is getting interrupted somehow. It could be the transmitter side stops lining up perfectly with the receiver side. It could be a wire isn't making good contact with one side, so it's not powered. Whatever is causing it, the light is not getting from side A to B. You need to pull your playfield up and look at those two opto boards, and make sure they're screwed in nice and tight and that the wiring is well soldered to the board.

Edit: I say soldered, but they're weird boards and I don't have a WPT in front of me. They may be plugs. Either way, the wires need to be making good contact.

#5 5 years ago

everything was tight and all the wires were connected with good solder joints.

#6 5 years ago

Seems like it’s the bottom opto board. Crap part is I can’t find a replacement for it on any site.

#7 5 years ago

Pinball Center has one, but it's $$$$.

#8 5 years ago

I had the same issue. It turned out to be a broken solder joint. Check the board for this, as you may not need a new one.

2 months later
    #9 5 years ago

My Ace in the whole locks the ball as it should BUT, it realeases it after 5 seconds again, so you get two balls in play...? You can the drain it, but it should be working right and hold the ball until the multiball is activated... Do anyone have a sugestion what could be wrong?

3 years later
    #10 2 years ago

Hello, I guess im having the same issue you reported in the past, every time i press my flipper buttons or the ball hits the bumpers, the jail bash switch (57) is triggered.. what was the issue on you side?

Thanks

#11 2 years ago

If you look in your manual, you'll see switch 57 is an optical switch. First thing to try is reseating the opto connectors at the opto board behind the back board. Power off, playfield slid out up on rails, then follow the wires coming from the two optos closest to the jail bars to the small opto board they connect to. Reseat all connectors on opto board.

Then power up, go into switch edges test and pound on the playfield with your fist to test.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

If you look in your manual, you'll see switch 57 is an optical switch. First thing to try is reseating the opto connectors at the opto board behind the back board. Power off, playfield slid out up on rails, then follow the wires coming from the two optos closest to the jail bars to the small opto board they connect to. Reseat all connectors on opto board.
    Then power up, go into switch edges test and pound on the playfield with your fist to test.

Thanks man, i will check that, dont know if it helps, but when i try it with door open, no coils (lower power) they work as suposed, my initial ideia was some kind of vibration issue.
    I will reset connectors and let you know.

#13 2 years ago

Well ive try your advice, no diferent result, but ive found something interesting, if i put some my hand on the assembly and press flipper button, i dont have this issue, is not a question of pressing it, because i dont make any kind of pressure or force, just simply touching it with my hands, maybe a groud problem? this is strange, never see this beaviour before.

Just like the initial post.

Thanks

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from RGAires:

Well ive try your advice, no diferent result, but ive found something interesting, if i put some my hand on the assembly and press flipper button, i dont have this issue, is not a question of pressing it, because i dont make any kind of pressure or force, just simply touching it with my hands, maybe a groud problem? this is strange, never see this beaviour before.

Just like the initial post.

Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpt-ace-in-the-hole-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.