Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5556 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Hi,guys my Dirty Harry pin was playing nice and good,but after a blackout the mpu won't boot,power driver board is ok.
What I need to check first in the mpu board
Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Check the 5v test point on the driver board. Without 5v, you can’t boot the MPU.

#3 2 years ago

I have the 5 volts

#4 2 years ago

Also swapped a good driver and mpu still won't boot

#5 2 years ago

Describe the state of the LEDs on the MPU as you turn on the game.

#6 2 years ago

You need 5v on both the driver and MPU. Did you measure it there? Also, reseat the ribbon cable between the boards and see if that helps.

Marc

#7 2 years ago

Yes I have 5 volts entering in the mpu
The upper light in the mpu is lit,the other two not

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Yes I have 5 volts entering in the mpu
The upper light in the mpu is lit,the other two not

Unplug the ribbon cables from the MPU and turn on the game. Does it boot now? If so, reseat the ribbon cables at all the board connections.

#9 2 years ago

Remove all connectors going to the CPU except power, J210. Does the center diagnostics LED on the CPU now blink rapidly on power up?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#10 2 years ago

Thanks rob for your reply,I disconnected everything goin to mpu except the power to mpu,j210 still no blinking light,what next
Thanks

#11 2 years ago

Some help

#12 2 years ago

Try removing the MPU and lay it down flat and push down on all the socketed chips, especially the U9 ASIC chip.

#13 2 years ago

If with only J210 connected to the CPU, you still get no rapid flashing of the center diagnostics LED, then the issue is on the CPU. It's not booting. This is assuming of course your 5V and 12V from the driver board are good.

Check the 5V and 12V from the driver board. Or swap in a known good CPU (just J210 needs to be connected) to see if it boots.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#14 2 years ago

Yes Rob,I have the 12v and 5v from power driver,also swapped another good power driver with same result.Just the upper CPU led is on,so the problem is in the CPU board,also I don't have nothing in playfield gi
Thanks

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

I don't have nothing in playfield gi

That is because the short ribbon cable between the MPU and driver board was removed. You don't need it at this time.

#16 2 years ago

Yes I know,I mean when I have everything plugged in the CPU.No gi or backbox light
What next

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Yes I know,I mean when I have everything plugged in the CPU.No gi or backbox light
What next

The MPU has to boot up for you to have GI.

#18 2 years ago

Try this yet?

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Try removing the MPU and lay it down flat and push down on all the socketed chips, especially the U9 ASIC chip.

#19 2 years ago

Yes,all socketed chips pushed down

#20 2 years ago

What next?

#21 2 years ago

You pressed firmly on the U9 ASIC chip and have the same no boot results?

Please post a picture of the MPU board.

#22 2 years ago

The mpu is doing the bong sounds all the time

IMG_5556 (resized).JPG

#23 2 years ago

I am afraid your MPU has too much corrosion, as I hoped was not the case. Currently it is best to buy a Rottendog MPU and a PLLC chip puller to move over the U9 ASIC, game ROM, security chip, and CPU chip and purchase NVRAM for the new board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside