Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 446 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryanwanger
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12669318_946183265472677_2067917693_o_(resized).jpg
    Stl_(resized).jpg
    Mpin_(resized).jpg
    lvl257_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleethering.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 8 years ago

I wonder what percentage of Superleague players play all 25 games every month. Maybe 5%?

Should be interesting to see how they adapt to the 5.2 system and where the event value shakes out.

#85 8 years ago

Wow... Just at a glance, it looks like over 80% of the players submitted fewer than 5 scores for the month.

#88 8 years ago

I recall Nate saying on C2C that he was there during Superleague but no one asked him to join. Looks like he's on the August list anyway. I could be mixing it up with another visit he made there though.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

The reason I'm defending this format so strongly is because I do think that it's the best test of skill and consistency out there, and it'd be nice to have it be an option to be used for a league that is dedicated to using it fairly, without trying to exploit the system for as many WPPRs as possible.

Totally agree with you on this, but I think we'll be okay adjusting to reporting after playoffs. I would much prefer to see PAPA finals format over the head to head double elim we've been doing though. That will give a more balanced end to the season and should still give a fairly accurate representation of how you played. Unless of course, you can't make the playoffs.

#108 8 years ago

As far as I know, tiebreakers don't count toward TGP.

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think the audience ever cares. Aside from the super big events like PAPA and Pinburgh, even the competitive players often have better things to do than watch someone else play..

Bzzzzzt. Wrong.

Watching match play is awesome and I think that it's been demonstrated that LOTS of people care to watch it both in person and streaming.

1 month later
    #169 8 years ago

That grid is handy!

1 month later
    #227 8 years ago

Question about when a player becomes "rated" and contributes to base value...

Player X has 4 events on his resume.
    He plays his 5th event on Thursday.
    He plays his 6th event on Sunday.

Results for Sunday go in first, becoming Player X's 5th event listed on his resume.

When results for Thursday go in, does that player contribute to the base value for Thursday even though it was his 5th event?
    Or does the system correctly account for the chronology in which the events occurred and add him to Sunday's base value?

1 month later
    #338 8 years ago

It's definitely a stretch to call the Selfie format a "league". Just seems like a monthly pump and dump Herb contest.

I personally don't like the idea of formats where you can play and play and play and eventually get a monster score and none of your other garbage games matter. It's just not a great test of skill. I get that the playoffs force you to perform on the spot, but the seeding leading up to that point is pretty bogus.

Seems great for location earnings though!

#348 8 years ago

Preferential treatment!! It's all a sham!!!

But really, the good side of this is that it's a a pretty casual approach to competition for new players and casuals who don't go to tournaments. I'm sure it will bring some new people into the fold once they feel some glory of a divisional win or getting the top score on a game. It may not be the best test of skill or a perfect competitive system, but it still has some benefits.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleethering.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wppr-formula-change-to-v52-for-2016?tu=sleethering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.