Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 446 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryanwanger
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12669318_946183265472677_2067917693_o_(resized).jpg
    Stl_(resized).jpg
    Mpin_(resized).jpg
    lvl257_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AaronJames.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#262 8 years ago

So I personally have 1914.64 ranking.
    What does this do for me?
    Is this good? Are there ranking ranges where people like me know if they are on track?
    (1800-1900, 1700-1800, etc)
    Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

#269 8 years ago

Thanks for the explanation.

#282 8 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

So, you think that the total amount of points given out is not expected to change?
    Based upon my reading of the rules, the total amount of points given out will fall sharply, but I'm not sure.
    If my suspicion is correct, that strongly favors players with points already amassed before these changes were made. In other words, past performance is more valuable than future performance. At least, that will be true for the next 3 years, until the only remaining counted events are those counted under the new rules.
    For example, I just played in the Ultimate Pinball Carnage in Denver. I took second, and got 11.42 points. Last year, second place was worth 19.67 points.
    Unless I'm missing it, I don't see any tournaments where the points actually went up...
    If my observation is correct, it Just became harder for hacks like me to make progress up the ranks.

There are 3 categories in IFPA:
    1) WPPR Ranking
    2) IFPA Rating
    3) Efficientcy Percentage

You can try to focus on your player rating and eff percent. Those 2 will really show how skillful / consistent a player you truly are.
    A lot of emphasis is placed on overall points, sure, but looking at all 3 categories of a player can tell you their whole story.

Simply click on the WPPR, rating, and eff per categories for it to sort.
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/overall.php

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AaronJames.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wppr-formula-change-to-v52-for-2016?tu=AaronJames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.