Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ebexpress.jpg
    image.png
    image(1).png
    crying-computer.gif
    image-4.jpg
    image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#404 8 years ago

Atlanta is definitely a local hotbed. I participated in one two-week H2H tourney but it's just too much to drive that far on a worknight and be useful the next day. Would've loved to do more as I wouldn't have been the last seed in the spring tourney final this weekend. Certainly would've gotten more points with my performance this weekend if I hadn't been last in seed. Heck I only got to pick one game of the 16 I played. I am glad, however, that every match I played went to a tiebreaker. The points formula won't please everyone and will hit some more than others. Don't worry Baum, you'll be moving up rapidly with the performances you've put up lately.

#436 8 years ago
    Quoted from abcdelmrs:

Both of you are providing great competition in AH2H and the local tourneys. Play that well at SFGE and the points you'll get will move both of you up the IFPA ladder (if that's something you care about).

Thanks and I appreciated your compliment before I lost on Jack's Open. I really hadn't ever been that nervous playing competitively. My first couple rounds I was shaking so badly it's a shocker to me that the ball didn't drain every time it came near a flipper. My aim is to start making the finals rounds of these tourneys. We've got some great players and I'm working on consistency. I'm so far down the IFPA stats (~1800) that it doesn't matter so much now but I do want to start getting to the top, maybe even win one of the gazillion Atl events we have

I will say that Atlanta has a LOT of great players and the scene is enviable. I wish I knew more than one other player by me so I could also have a local league. AH2H is definitely a great format, now if it was only on Sundays or Fridays! Either way, it's a minimum 3+ hour drive for me to play so I'm hoping to make each time more meaningful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wppr-formula-change-for-2015?tu=shimoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.