Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ebexpress.jpg
    image.png
    image(1).png
    crying-computer.gif
    image-4.jpg
    image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer0415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 9 years ago

So starting in 2015, will everyone's points start at 0? I am very new to competitive pinball and wanted to increase my state and national ranking. Have played in two tournaments so far of around 30 people each and have finished top 5 both times. With point totals of each tournament going down, I feel like it will be harder for me to increase my ranking if other player's points from the last 3-4 years are inflating their ranking.

For example: Player A and B played in similar tournaments with similar point distributions; however, Player A did this in 2014, but Player B got his points in 2015. Player A's average place of finish is 6th place scoring him 6 points an event for a total of 18 points. Player B's average place of finish is 4rd; however, due to the new rules, this only nets him 5 points an event for a total of 15 points.

Even though Player B finished better, he or she has less points under the new system.

I am all in for the new system and how it will rank people, but I feel like it will take 3-4 years before everyone is on the same base level. So someone like me who is new to competition and doesn't have points built up over the years seems to be screwed for the next few years due to the higher point values from previous years.

#90 9 years ago

Makes sense, thanks the reply. So from a state perspective, the new format will have everyone on the same level. From a world ranking perspective, it will take a few years. I think it's great how all tournaments point values will be determined on a single event basis rather than having to divide points. I think it will actually encourage people to play in those weekly/monthly tournaments.

How are side tournament values going to be determined? Seems like they are worth a very large value with the current system.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer0415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wppr-formula-change-for-2015?tu=pinballer0415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.