Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ebexpress.jpg
    image.png
    image(1).png
    crying-computer.gif
    image-4.jpg
    image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#431 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

We do the best we can to not make changes during a season, but unfortunately sometimes it happens and believe me it's for 'greater good' of the accuracy of the system when we do it (even if a large group of people think that's not the case).
    Just to again keep things in perspective, I pulled up your profile to analyze what the change did you personally. Unfortunately you did take a bigger hit compared to most, so your frustration is not lost on me at all.
    Currently you're ranked 2570th with 16.80 WPPR points.
    The change cost you 3.51 WPPR points, which would have had you at a rank of 2292nd.
    At the State level, you currently sit in 7th place. If these changes didn't go in, you would currently be in . . . 6th place.
    If that 10% drop in your world ranking, and 1 spot change in the Georgia SCS is a big enough issue that you no longer follow the system AND stop playing competitive pinball in general that's a big problem for me. If you stop following the system but still play in your Atlanta league and some of the other local events, I'd be far less disappointed in simply losing you as an 'interested WPPR person'.

I'd be absolutely thrilled for my 8 CA points to have me in a qualifying position for the state final, instead of being in 105th.

#435 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Ahhhhh that makes more sense . . . and somewhere in the world Bob Matthews just decided to go to GA over CA for the 2015-16 SCS

Yes, sorry... the quote system caused the confusion I think. It was meant as a comment for the person you were responding to, but referencing the data in your post, but it appears their post was left out of the quote.

Personally, I don't really care if I gain or lose points, I can only control how I play, when I play and accept the results good or bad. It's frankly amazing to me that people get so upset over these things.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wppr-formula-change-for-2015?tu=jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.