Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ebexpress.jpg
    image.png
    image(1).png
    crying-computer.gif
    image-4.jpg
    image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flamethrower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 9 years ago

I'm not sure whether I understand the rules relating to whether qualifying rounds count towards the TGP or not, can you clarify for me?

"The TGP for events that include a qualifying portion with a set amount of attempts, or limited amount of attempts will add an additional 4% to the total TGP for each meaningful game played. A meaningful game is based on the data used to advance a player through the qualifying process....The games played in the qualifying portion of the tournament can be added to the TGP calculation only if that qualifying portion reduces the field of participants by 50% or more. For tournaments where less than 50% of the field is removed in the qualifying process, the IFPA considers this 'seeding' and will not increase the TGP."

Do games played in a qualifying round count if they are used to sort players into divisions for the remainder of the event? For example, if I had a 40 player tournament and used a qualifying round to break people into A and B divisions, with players in A division competing for spots 1-20 based on their performance the rest of the day and players in B division competing for spots 21-40 based on their performance the rest of the day, how would that be considered? It eliminates half the field from eligibility to win the tournament, but not from the competition entirely. So are those meaningful games or would that be considered seeding?

#87 9 years ago

Excellent, thanks for clarifying!

8 months later
    #360 8 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

I really like both the wppr 5.0 and 5.1 changes. Anecdotal evidence locally suggest more players showing up and more and better tournaments (no more two strikes tournaments! More match play! So happy!)

I like the WPPR rule changes in general also, but I just want to point out that the increase in match play tournaments locally has zero to do with the WPPR rule changes and everything to do with the fact that some guy made this really cool app that now makes it super easy to run match play tournaments instead of a huge pain like it used to be.

Elimination events actually grade out much better under the new rules (something I understand/hope is going to be addressed in 2016?), so this is actually a deliberate choice by your local tournament directors to prioritize fun for everyone over maximizing points. Craziness!

#420 8 years ago

Has IFPA's policy on endorsing women-only events changed? I was surprised to see this tournament receive points.

#422 8 years ago

Got it. Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flamethrower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wppr-formula-change-for-2015?tu=flamethrower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.