Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ebexpress.jpg
    image.png
    image(1).png
    crying-computer.gif
    image-4.jpg
    image.png
    There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Just to play devil's advocate...

Would it count towards TGP if the games were scored as points/time = rank, and whoever has the higher rank is the winner of the round? They'd still be allowed to play 3 balls but be punished for excessive cradling, etc.

That's interesting . . .

I'd toss this over to the IFPA Directors to vote on. I could see them going either way on it.

The idea about "punishing players for excessive cradling" makes it sound like cradling isn't an integral skill in playing pinball, which I believe it is, so there's a delicate balance here when you push something into not really being "pinball".

If you actually wanted to try and do something like this though, let me know and I really will post it to the Directors to discuss.

#352 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Well, I hope at some point you'll reconsider. Maybe even try running it at one of your local events sometime and you'll see what I mean about its advantages and that it's still very skillful play. As much, I feel, as pingolf is anyway.

I get it, and have played in some of the old Gauntlet style events that Bowen has run, and they are TONS OF FUN!

At some point though I take it to the golf analogy. On the PGA Tour they run many styles of tournaments, stroke play, match play, skins games, best ball, etc . . . but I've yet to see Speed Golf as one of the formats. The day they start to sprinkle in Speed Golf events on the tour, maybe we'll consider it for pinball

#353 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Time for me and you to go in on a copy of SQL4Dummies man.

I remember the first time Shepherd taught me how to query something, and I had to call him and told him I messed something up on the "My S-Q-L" (I announced each letter) page.

He just busted out laughing telling me it was pronounced "Sequel", and that I'm now an even bigger dork.

#354 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Speaking of which - Josh, would guantlet fall under the timed game format? That's similar to pingolf, just with the haul-ass factor.

It would . . . NOT under the current rules.

Haul-ass factor eliminates the format from being endorsed by the IFPA.

#355 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I get it, and have played in some of the old Gauntlet style events that Bowen has run, and they are TONS OF FUN!
    At some point though I take it to the golf analogy. On the PGA Tour they run many styles of tournaments, stroke play, match play, skins games, best ball, etc . . . but I've yet to see Speed Golf as one of the formats. The day they start to sprinkle in Speed Golf events on the tour, maybe we'll consider it for pinball

Ugh.. please don't use golf for modeling. Something higher energy like basketball or hockey (minus the fighting part).

#356 8 years ago

"The sport is now played in North America, Europe and Japan, and major tournaments are telecast by channels such as ESPN, CBS, and The Golf Channel."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_golf

#357 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

He just busted out laughing telling me it was pronounced "Sequel", and that I'm now an even bigger dork.

You had the last laugh because the correct method is to sound out the letters. Only Microsoft people say "Sequel" and everyone knows they aren't real computer people!

#358 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

"The sport is now played in North America, Europe and Japan, and major tournaments are telecast by channels such as ESPN, CBS, and The Golf Channel."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_golf

http://www.isfpapinball.com for the International Speed Flipper Pinball Association is available! Jump on it!

#359 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Any stats on players that played 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc... events in a year.

Shepherd to the rescue with his S-Q-L Sequel skillz:

image(1).pngimage(1).png

#360 8 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

I really like both the wppr 5.0 and 5.1 changes. Anecdotal evidence locally suggest more players showing up and more and better tournaments (no more two strikes tournaments! More match play! So happy!)

I like the WPPR rule changes in general also, but I just want to point out that the increase in match play tournaments locally has zero to do with the WPPR rule changes and everything to do with the fact that some guy made this really cool app that now makes it super easy to run match play tournaments instead of a huge pain like it used to be.

Elimination events actually grade out much better under the new rules (something I understand/hope is going to be addressed in 2016?), so this is actually a deliberate choice by your local tournament directors to prioritize fun for everyone over maximizing points. Craziness!

#361 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Shepherd to the rescue with his S-Q-L Sequel skillz:
    image.png

I forgot the greater than sign for the 20+ column. Added total count too.

image.pngimage.png

#362 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

Elimination events actually grade out much better under the new rules (something I understand/hope is going to be addressed in 2016?)

It's on the list

#363 8 years ago

very cool! thanks for sharing.

what about player count of those with 5+ events over the years?

In other words how has ranked player count tracked over the years?

#364 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

very cool! thanks for sharing.

what about player count of those with 5+ events over the years?

In other words how has ranked player count tracked over the years?

I have no idea what the means lol

If you add the numbers from 5 events plus all the numbers to the right of it for each year, you'll get that total of players competing in 5+ events per year.

#365 8 years ago

Any insight on what changes may happen with elimination grading? The regulars in my bi-weekly elimination event are actually pretty interested in the ways things work and changes that happen.

#366 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

http://www.isfpapinball.com for the International Speed Flipper Pinball Association is available! Jump on it!

Ritalin could be one of our sponsors.

#367 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Any insight on what changes may happen with elimination grading? The regulars in my bi-weekly elimination event are actually pretty interested in the ways things work and changes that happen.

Nothing to talk about at this point, or else everyone will beat the horse to death before it's even born

#368 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Nothing to talk about at this point, or else everyone will beat the horse to death before it's even born

Sounds good. Whatever change happens will affect the group the same as far as the event standings go in the future, so nobody will have it any easier getting a trophy than they do today.

#369 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I have no idea what the means lol
    If you add the numbers from 5 events plus all the numbers to the right of it for each year, you'll get that total of players competing in 5+ events per year.

yeah I was not very clear.

Of the players that played in 1, 2, 3, 4, ... events per year, how many of them are worth .5 base points. In other words, are there lots of return players that are rated (5+ events) or is there a decent amount of turnover where experienced players stop playing competitively?

Maybe I am not understanding the tables above? I assume those were columns showing # of events played and each cell shows the count of players for that year and number of event intersection.

#370 8 years ago

That's definitely a question for Shepherd

#371 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

That's definitely a question for Shepherd

OK.

Now can you tell me your TWD strategy please? Monthly is on Wed and I could use some tips

#372 8 years ago

Pro or premium (walker bombs make a HUGE difference)?

#373 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Each round consists of me calling up the next 6 players (3 matches). I yell at them to coin up, count them all down "3-2-1-GO!" and all plunge off at the same time. I sound off at the 1 minute mark, then 30 seconds, then 10-9-8... hands off!" They assess the scores, switch games, and repeat. The only format I can think of that has a similar feeling of excitement is the PAPA Gauntlet format.

I would add to this that I really think that head to head on games that were made for head to head should be allowable. Playing NBAFB head to head is amazing and actually requires a lot of skill to be able to pull off. I also have a thing for head to head games (I own like three of them) and I think that there is quite a bit of skill to that sort of play.

I do think you need something like what you outlined above where you need to 'swap sides' to make sure that it isn't one game or side plays better than the other, but I definitely like the head to head method.

#374 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Pro or premium (walker bombs make a HUGE difference)?

pro

#375 8 years ago

Focus on trying to stack a mode and either MB (obviously if you can drag in Blood Bath to all of it you're doing fine at that point).

I'll typically try to get the multiball to 1 shot away and then try to start the mode first - mostly because it's easier to start the mode you want without balls flying all around the playfield.

I'm a big Tunnel guy because you can rack up points all around the playfield. Just don't shoot the tunnel shot after you shoot other shit or you'll end the mode prematurely. If you can get your 2X playfield going, you're talking about over 10 million a shot around the playfield. Add in the inlane multiplier and you have the potential just blow things up if you're able to execute well.

Second favorite mode is probably Barn, followed by CDC . . . with Arena being okkkk, and Riot currently being a "fuck, I didn't want to start that". I'm sure the Riot scoring will be adjusted at some future point to account for the difficulty of that shot.

With the way Lyman has worked in the Multi-kill scoring (5% of your mode points that you've earned throughout the game), there's additional opportunities to just keep cashing in around the playfield. If eventually becomes a loaded craps table if you're starting additional modes, scoring well, keeping your 2X playfield going, etc.

It'll be fun to break it down with Nate tomorrow night. Game is a blast. My only wish with the Walker Bombs being added was that there was a way to just put an LE lockdown bar on a PRO and it would 'recognize it', because the strategy behind using those effectively takes the game to even another level.

#376 8 years ago

Thanks. MUCH appreciated and looking forward to the interview.

#377 8 years ago

Also just to make sure I understand correctly the only way to start a mode is drop the 3 bank and then you pick by hitting one of the flashing choices?

#378 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Also just to make sure I understand correctly the only way to start a mode is drop the 3 bank and then you pick by hitting one of the flashing choices?

Yup . . . it becomes "X+1" sets of drops to light your next mode, so IMO it's best to try and make your Prison progress BEFORE you start your first mode. Nothing worse then needing to complete 2 sets of drops to light your second mode when you're getting close to stacking a mode with a Multiball, BUT you're far more likely to bring in Blood Bath at that point assuming you were clearing your drop target banks efficiently. By the time you're lighting mode #2, you'll be through 3 sets of drop target banks, which should have Blood Bath ready to go on the next set (assuming you cleared through the Food, Supplies and First Aid efficiently). Huge risk/reward opportunities are around every turn.

#379 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

They have done this to protect the top players and that's it. Anyone that thinks otherwise is very delusional Hence the main reason why I have severely cut back on leagues and tourneys altogether.

I get it now...

#380 8 years ago

See?

Quoted from Zaxxis:Yes, any goal of a ranking system is to have the top players (aka, good/better/quality players) at the top.
    Instead of cutting back leagues and tournaments, every thought about just becoming a "top player"?

See? This is the typical elitist attitude that will keep pinball SMALL. I can't become a top 100 player overnight, just as very few of you did. The IFPA should want inclusion; to continue to grow our hobby. Josh should know this better than anyone.

Take Sleethering's comment - "adults whining about scores.". Thats what YOU all do constantly. It's just when a top 2300 player complains that the top 100 players smile smugly and say stop complaining, play better.

If you keep up this attitude long enough, it will be back to 100 guys in a room playing for $50.

#381 8 years ago

Or you say, well just play for the fun....

....I love pinball as much as many on here....

....but to pretend you dont look at the points (and only play for fun) is simply not true and hypocritical.

#382 8 years ago

I know, I'll be quiet.

Back to the back of the arcade with the other 2500ers....

#383 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Yup . . . it becomes "X+1" sets of drops to light your next mode, so IMO it's best to try and make your Prison progress BEFORE you start your first mode. Nothing worse then needing to complete 2 sets of drops to light your second mode when you're getting close to stacking a mode with a Multiball, BUT you're far more likely to bring in Blood Bath at that point assuming you were clearing your drop target banks efficiently. By the time you're lighting mode #2, you'll be through 3 sets of drop target banks, which should have Blood Bath ready to go on the next set (assuming you cleared through the Food, Supplies and First Aid efficiently). Huge risk/reward opportunities are around every turn.

Funny, I find myself doing nothing but shooting drop targets in either version

#384 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

See?

See? This is the typical elitist attitude that will keep pinball SMALL. I can't become a top 100 player overnight, just as very few of you did. The IFPA should want inclusion; to continue to grow our hobby. Josh should know this better than anyone.
    Take Sleethering's comment - "adults whining about scores.". Thats what YOU all do constantly. It's just when a top 2300 player complains that the top 100 players smile smugly and say stop complaining, play better.
    If you keep up this attitude long enough, it will be back to 100 guys in a room playing for $50.

I don't see anything in the new IFPA rules that unfairly systematically keeps top players at the top and keeps others out. I also think the new rules are more inclusive.

I used to run tournaments at a bar every two weeks. They started to get popular and our turnouts got larger and larger and I had some top level players attending. Regardless, most of them were not for wpprs because under the old rules of "periodic" tournaments, they became worthless after more than around 4 tournaments (base value of 6.25). If I was doing those tournaments today, each one would be worth around 10 - 20 points.

Also importantly, and something I brought up to IFPA years ago, the old system was bad "for business". In the CA Bay Area, if I wanted to be a point whore, I could simply hop from venue to venue and run one annual at each, with a side tourney, for max value, then run one "periodic" tournament for max value). Conversely, at that same bar, the bar owner donated prizes (food/drink) and I had a relationship with the operator who kept the games in top shape (even attended the majority of the events so we had an on-hand tech), and he made money. The players got a regular place to play with good machines. No hassles with directions. No headache to "break-in" yet another new location or deal with a new manager/owner and operator either of which might be a dick. It's so much better now with each event being standalone even if the guaranteed base value payday isn't there anymore.

#385 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

So you're supposed to be able to enter the top 0.3% of ranked pinball players (top 100 out of 33,000) overnight?

How quickly should a rankings system allow someone to move up from 'not playing' to the top 0.3% best in the world at anything (not just pinball)?

There seems to be this "top 100" thing where everyone feels like it should be easily attainable for someone to casual make their way to that level. Unfortunately you can't have more than 100 players in the top 100, so at some point the 100th ranked player is REALLLLLLLY GOOD (like even right now). Even looking at players in that 90-100 range, you're talking about people that have dozens of tournament victories on their resume.

IMO the WPPR system does a great job allowing someone to move up the rankings EXTREMELY FAST just by getting out and playing. One of my favorite people to track is our lovely C2C pinball host Mr. Nate Shivers. His competitive pinball "career" really started in January 2014. Here's his progress up the charts:

Jan 2014 --> ranked 12,816th (finished 65th/70th at INDISC Main and Classics)
    May 2014 --> ranked 4723rd (finished 51st at Midwest Gaming Classic)
    July 2014 --> ranked 4036th (finished 25th at Southern Fried)
    Nov 2014 --> ranked 3945th (finished 90th at Pinball Expo)
    Apr 2015 --> ranked 1943rd (went crazy at Texas Pinball Festival including a 14th place finish in Vintage)

Nate's at about 18 months into his journey, and went from an unranked player to someone that's ranked in the top 6% of players in the world. Not bad at all for someone that still feels like he's getting better as a player. I guess the question to ask is should Nate be in the top 100 based on his performances? What kind of player SHOULD be in the top 100? etc . . .

Quoted from Dbaum88:

That's the fear we live with . . . let's look at the facts and see where our "attitude" has taken us to this point:

2015 --> 1455 players average playing at least 1 tournament a month
    2014 --> 1364 players average playing at least 1 tournament a month
    2013 --> 843 players average playing at least 1 tournament a month
    2012 --> 546 players average playing at least 1 tournament a month
    2011 --> 406 players average playing at least 1 tournament a month
    2010 --> 310 players average playing at least 1 tournament a month
    2009 --> 203 players average playing at least 1 tournament a month
    2008 --> 119 players average playing at least 1 tournament a month
    2007 --> 71 players average playing at least 1 tournament a month

I'd add additional commentary to those facts/figures, but damn that's shockingly impressive. I'm just going to let those numbers speak for themselves on the health and growth of competitive pinball.

If only we could find a way to have all of the 1455 players out there playing consistently all ranked in the top 100

#386 8 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

Funny, I find myself doing nothing but shooting drop targets in either version

That's probably why this stat exists

Keith Elwin --> 8
    Josh Sharpe --> 0

(number of Major Championships won)

#387 8 years ago

Same attitude Josh. I never asked to be indiscriminately placed in the top 100. But if you have a system that awards points, which I was awarded since January, and then u change the system and take away many of those points, that is a disincentive to follow the system and attempt to move up the rankings.

I know I'm not anywhere near a top 100 player nor did I ever claim to be. However, I would at least like to know that if I earn points under a current system, that the system will.not change RETROACTIVELY and reduce the points I've earned on YOUR system. Maybe you could've changed it moving forward - and not reduce points already earned under a system in place at that time.

#388 8 years ago

Your last comment - "why can't everyone be in the top 100" betrayed your legitimate attempt to explain your rule change.

We don't have to all be in the top 100, bit it would be nice if your efforts to protect the best players (and even improve the system) didn't crap on those of us near the bottom.

Now, what faith can I have in earning points if u feel the need to tweak the,system and retroactively reduce the points I've already earned?!?

#389 8 years ago

In fact Josh, my comment was that I know I cannot enter the top 100 overnight. I used those words specifically. My complaint was that its,hard to rely on a system you indiscriminately change.

But you chose to harp on the "top 100" angle. Which you are in, even arguing that its okay, because more people are playing now.

That betrays your elitist attitude. I dint need to be in the Top 100 Josh. But it would be nice if you stopped taking away the measly, dinky, crappy points I HAVE already earned through my many leagues and tourneys.

#390 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Same attitude Josh. I never asked to be indiscriminately placed in the top 100. But if you have a system that awards points, which I was awarded since January, and then u change the system and take away many of those points, that is a disincentive to follow the system and attempt to move up the rankings.

I know I'm not anywhere near a top 100 player nor did I ever claim to be. However, I would at least like to know that if I earn points under a current system, that the system will.not change RETROACTIVELY and reduce the points I've earned on YOUR system. Maybe you could've changed it moving forward - and not reduce points already earned under a system in place at that time.

We do the best we can to not make changes during a season, but unfortunately sometimes it happens and believe me it's for 'greater good' of the accuracy of the system when we do it (even if a large group of people think that's not the case).

Just to again keep things in perspective, I pulled up your profile to analyze what the change did you personally. Unfortunately you did take a bigger hit compared to most, so your frustration is not lost on me at all.

Currently you're ranked 2570th with 16.80 WPPR points.

The change cost you 3.51 WPPR points, which would have had you at a rank of 2292nd.

At the State level, you currently sit in 7th place. If these changes didn't go in, you would currently be in . . . 6th place.

If that 10% drop in your world ranking, and 1 spot change in the Georgia SCS is a big enough issue that you no longer follow the system AND stop playing competitive pinball in general that's a big problem for me. If you stop following the system but still play in your Atlanta league and some of the other local events, I'd be far less disappointed in simply losing you as an 'interested WPPR person'.

#391 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

See?

I think what was being said is that a rating system isn't very good at its job if the top players are not at the top. I didn't read that as it is set up to have players x,y,z (and so on) ranked in the top 100.

There is one way to get into the top 100. Play high point events and do well. My state has one convention which is pretty large. The main event was just over 21 points and the classics was just over 20 points. There are a few others in state that will get close, but that's it. Compared to some of the CA events, Zapcon isn't even 2/3 of those events. CA has and advantage over AZ, but that's just the way it is.

GA looks like an area pretty ripe for growth, but, just like AZ, will have a tough time competing with CA and NYC point values. So what choices do I (we) have to crack the top 100. Travel. Until then, stay in the top 16 in your state as that is a much better evaluation of how you are doing compared to local players.

#392 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

what faith can I have in earning points if u feel the need to tweak the,system and retroactively reduce the points I've already earned?!?

We're not asking you to have any sort of faith in the system. We're not even asking you to care about the points. We just want you playing competitive pinball for any reason that gets you playing. For some the WPPR's help, for others it doesn't matter.

I'm not going to try and convince people that the changes we make go through EXTENSIVE testing, because we know it rocks the boat each and every time we do it. People feel like we wake up and I call Brian Shepherd and we have the following conversation:

Me - "It's a beautiful Wednesday morning . . . what do you think about hmmmm, I don't know, let's take away 10% of the points from tournaments that didn't use a game my dad designed, because we all know those games are the BEST."

Brian - "Yeah, I can do that . . . I'll have it up later today."

Let me just brace you well in advance. We WILL have changes to the system for 2016. We HOPE to not have any more changes made in the 2015 season (confident we won't but you never know the exploits that people dig up). Some changes will totally irritate you more, and some changes may benefit the tournaments you play in.

#393 8 years ago

I appreciate this response. Thank you.

I didn't mean to attack anyone, particularly you. But its been frustrating. I'm no great player, but I am improving and was enjoying moving up the ranks...albeit slowly. It'll probably take me 6 months to get back to 2300 but thats fine. I just hope I can keep my measly points next time and hope to break the 1000 barrier someday. It's just frustrating watching my points slip away that I already earned.

#394 8 years ago

And thank you to all who made legitimate suggestions on improving my scores rather than just "play better."

#395 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

I appreciate this response. Thank you.

I didn't mean to attack anyone, particularly you. But its been frustrating. I'm no great player, but I am improving and was enjoying moving up the ranks...albeit slowly. It'll probably take me 6 months to get back to 2300 but thats fine. I just hope I can keep my measly points next time and hope to break the 1000 barrier someday. It's just frustrating watching my points slip away that I already earned.

I get it David for sure . . . it fucking sucks.

The good news is holy crap do you guys have a ton of stuff going on in the Atlanta area. Between the H2H league, the NGPL and Southern Fried coming up, I could think of worse places in the world for you to be with respect to access to tournaments near you.

You'll have to shoot me a PM and let me know where you end up at the end of 2015, because I'll definitely take the under on getting back to 2300 in 6 months (especially if you plan on attending Southern Fried).

#396 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I get it David for sure . . . it fucking sucks.
    The good news is holy crap do you guys have a ton of stuff going on in the Atlanta area. Between the H2H league, the NGPL and Southern Fried coming up, I could think of worse places in the world for you to be with respect to access to tournaments near you.
    You'll have to shoot me a PM and let me know where you end up at the end of 2015, because I'll definitely take the under on getting back to 2300 in 6 months (especially if you plan on attending Southern Fried).

Josh, you know I run TPL, but also the Tucson bi-weekly. I opened the ATL H2H records and was instantly jealous. Seriously, 12-14 players every 2 weeks. We get 5-8 every 2 weeks, but it's grown from the 3-5 we were getting earlier this year. Dude, Dbaum, keep hitting those up. Those events are going to end up with a huge total points value in your state. You are solidly 5th of 14 in several of the events and look at the INTL rankings of the players finishing ahead of you. You pick off one of those guys every now and then and before you know it you will be right there with your numbers.

#397 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

One of my favorite people to track is our lovely C2C pinball host Mr. Nate Shivers

this is cool.

Is there an easy way to do this for ourselves and see our history over time.

#398 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

There is one way to get into the top 100. Play high point events and do well. My state has one convention which is pretty large. The main event was just over 21 points and the classics was just over 20 points. There are a few others in state that will get close, but that's it. Compared to some of the CA events, Zapcon isn't even 2/3 of those events. CA has and advantage over AZ, but that's just the way it is.

Keep in mind that CA tournaments are also harder to win. I'm not convinced the advantage is huge when Andrei Massenkoff and Aaron Nelson etc. show up at local monthly tournaments (or Karl Deangelo and Jim Belsito in SoCal). Yes, California tournaments have more points on the line than Arizona tournaments, but those points are also a lot harder to get at.

#399 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

this is cool.

Is there an easy way to do this for ourselves and see our history over time.

I know that Greg Dunlap had created a WPPR Nerdery page where you could view your rank and points earned over time . . . but can't seem to find that link (or if it's still active).

While I don't have the time to query everybody, I'm sure there's enough Pinsiders that wouldn't mind seeing your rise up the ranks since you were a young Whysnow pup back in 2012

We archive rankings/ratings at the first of every month, so it's not as detailed as it could be, but here you go!

3/1/2012 1414
    4/1/2012 1466
    5/1/2012 1504
    6/1/2012 1550
    7/1/2012 1591
    8/1/2012 1621
    9/1/2012 1663
    10/1/2012 1721
    11/1/2012 1730
    12/1/2012 1797
    1/1/2013 1847
    2/1/2013 1857
    3/1/2013 2242
    4/1/2013 1544
    5/1/2013 1590
    6/1/2013 1607
    7/1/2013 1649
    8/1/2013 1671
    9/1/2013 1715
    10/1/2013 1517
    11/1/2013 1408
    12/1/2013 1402
    1/1/2014 1176
    2/1/2014 1194
    3/1/2014 1116
    4/1/2014 729
    5/1/2014 712
    6/1/2014 707
    7/1/2014 723
    8/1/2014 735
    9/1/2014 743
    10/1/2014 647
    11/1/2014 671
    12/1/2014 703
    1/1/2015 350
    2/1/2015 355
    3/1/2015 363
    4/1/2015 359
    5/1/2015 341
    6/1/2015 321

#400 8 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

Keep in mind that CA tournaments are also harder to win. I'm not convinced the advantage is huge when Andrei Massenkoff and Aaron Nelson etc. show up at local monthly tournaments (or Karl Deangelo and Jim Belsito in SoCal). Yes, California tournaments have more points on the line than Arizona tournaments, but those points are also a lot harder to get at.

True. It's almost a chicken/egg issue, maybe more of a damned if you do damned if you don't. You can't have large point event without large attendance, but once you have those large points available, you are going to have some traveling competition showing up to make things that much harder.

There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wppr-formula-change-for-2015/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.