7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Santis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider castlesteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Ok, so here's a technical question (that can probably just be answered by experimentation):

Can a WPC95 MPU board be used in a WPC89 machine?

Reason I ask... I need a WPC89 but have a WPC95 board. The only technical upgrades to this board is the security chip and larger default memory ROM size.

ROM size issue can easily be addressed by programming the image to the right ROM location(s).

Security chip.... well, it's on the BUS, but if it is not populated, then the bus should be fine. If the WPC89 ROM isnt looking for the security chip, then it should work just fine, no?

Im going to give it a try, but figured I'd put it out there with anyone else who may have this need.

Now, I do know that flipper, display and driver boards are not interchangeable between WPC95 and WPC89.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider castlesteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc95-mpu-in-a-wpc89?tu=castlesteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.