3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wpc-95_blue.jpg
    368C460E-BC3C-45B5-AAC0-B045E2C0AE38 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I have two WPC95 games, on the one the MPU board is bluish in color, on the other the MPU board is green, pretty much the same color as the other boards. The markings on both boards are the same, on neither can I find a company name. Can anybody say if Williams put blue MPU boards in games or if it is more likely it was a replacement board somebody put in at some point?

#2 3 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen a blue board from the factory. Can you take a picture?

#3 3 years ago

here’s a photo

368C460E-BC3C-45B5-AAC0-B045E2C0AE38 (resized).jpeg368C460E-BC3C-45B5-AAC0-B045E2C0AE38 (resized).jpeg
    #4 3 years ago

The board on the left is a WPC95 MPU. The large board on the right is a WPC95 power/driver board.

I've come across some blue ones before, but I haven't dug into what might make them different.

#5 3 years ago

From a Scared Stiff. Revision 3 of the CPU board.

wpc-95_blue.jpgwpc-95_blue.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc95-mpu-board-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.