Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lordloss
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2553 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2552 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2555 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2554 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2559 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2560 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

WPC95 A/V Board - Original Working from MM

Added: 2018-07-20 13:58:04 UTC • Ended: August 31st, 2018
    Condition: Used, good condition

Price

$ 800 (OBO)

Open for offers

Im considering replacing my original board with some aftermarket boards to mod my game. If anyone is looking to buy an original WPC95 A/V board, contact me. It is currently in my MM game working flawlessly. Thanks,

-Tom

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are tjc02002's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to tjc02002's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

East Haddam, CT, US

#2 5 years ago

In case WPC95 owners are not aware (I have 2, so I am very concerned about the A/V board issue): you can buy a PinSound board, a special PinSound harness and a standard WPC89/WPC-S DMD board, and you're back in business with a WPC95 game. This just returns the A/V configuration to the separate boards it probably should have remained all along.

But - it's not original, so there's that

#3 5 years ago

There are those that will buy these for the fact that they can fail and not be able to be repaired due to no replacement parts available. These boards will be come collector's items (if they haven't already). I made sure I had a spare and at some point I may pick up another one.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

There are those that will buy these for the fact that they can fail and not be able to be repaired due to no replacement parts available. These boards will be come collector's items (if they haven't already). I made sure I had a spare and at some point I may pick up another one.

I did the same.

#5 5 years ago

Here is another Idea I have been entertaining. Just install Pinsound boards in my games take out the AV boards and just keep and store them. Then you will always have a working original board for each game. All my games right now have the factory installed boards. That way nothing will ever happen to the originals.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Here is another Idea I have been entertaining. Just install Pinsound boards in my games take out the AV boards and just keep and store them. Then you will always have a working original board for each game. All my games right now have the factory installed boards. That way nothing will ever happen to the originals.

Holy crap! Your entire collection is WPC95. I think in your case your plan makes sense.

#7 5 years ago

Yep, all six of them. The only one that is exempt is Cactus Canyon. Since it has Continued, it uses a PC and Lepy amp. I still have all the original boards for that one also. I really like the Rottendog boards for WPC95 too. They did a nice job over there at Rottendog remaking these. Very easy to work on, traces are strong, nice boards! Their remake of the WAV95 board is nice also and in some cases better than originals. They are also in high demand because they are no longer built.

#8 5 years ago

In case anyone didn't notice, the price is OBO. thanks,

-Tom

#9 5 years ago

I still don't understand why they can't make these parts, if made before why not now?

#10 5 years ago

you can i have all the parts and blank boards

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

you can i have all the parts and blank boards

??? I would like 2 please.

#12 5 years ago

Didn't Rottendog attempt these reproduction boards at one time?

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Didn't Rottendog attempt these reproduction boards at one time?

They did, I have one. They work fine. But the scarcity of the ASIC chip is an issue for those reproduction boards too, and Rottendog doesn’t make them any more anyway

I would gladly swap the Rottendog for an original board

#14 5 years ago

You would think that there would be something useable.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Here is another Idea I have been entertaining. Just install Pinsound boards in my games take out the AV boards and just keep and store them.

I've considered this too but you'd have a stack of A/V boards that you'd never want to use again just like the stack of plasma DMDs you have collecting dust that you will never reinstall again.

#16 5 years ago

A few years ago, I was looking for a new a/v board for my NGG. I can't believed I passed on a NOS board for $300 figuring I could find a better deal.
    Luckily mine was repairable, but it still cost me just as much.

#17 5 years ago

This board is for the best era of pins made imo, someone should have the knowledge to remake them.

#18 5 years ago

Yes with all the super smart electronics folks here. Look at all the other boards reproduced.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

This board is for the best era of pins made imo, someone should have the knowledge to remake them.

The problem isn't that the board can't be remanufactured - it's that there is a specific chip used in the board (and required by the design) that is *no longer available*. As in, they don't have them laying around somewhere, and no factory anywhere on the planet makes them. So that means the board would have to be completely redesigned, which would be a huge time and $$ investment. With the introduction of Pinsound's solution, this is basically no longer required. DMD boards are still made, I guess because there are way more games which use them, and are manufactured with more common parts, so no supply issue.

#20 5 years ago

i have thousands of the chips that you say no longer are made and the code to make more
    no problem at all

#21 5 years ago

i have thousands of the chips that you say no longer are made and the code to make more
    no problem at all

Can you post pics of these chips?

#22 5 years ago

no problem at all

Wow, awesome! What is the reason you're not making these boards and selling them at say $400 each?

#23 5 years ago

Making very few keeps the price of new ones high.

#24 5 years ago

Im too lazy

started making a few

IMG_2556 (resized).JPGIMG_2556 (resized).JPGIMG_2557 (resized).JPGIMG_2557 (resized).JPGIMG_2559 (resized).JPGIMG_2559 (resized).JPGIMG_2560 (resized).JPGIMG_2560 (resized).JPG
    #25 5 years ago
    IMG_2552 (resized).JPGIMG_2552 (resized).JPGIMG_2553 (resized).JPGIMG_2553 (resized).JPGIMG_2554 (resized).JPGIMG_2554 (resized).JPGIMG_2555 (resized).JPGIMG_2555 (resized).JPG
    #26 5 years ago

What’s the shelf life on ASICS

#27 5 years ago

Awesome! Looks like those have been sitting a while great to see!!

#28 5 years ago

No shelf life and these were made in 2010

yes dust is extra

#29 5 years ago

yes dust is extra

Well go on, how much are the chips and pcbs and why is shipping $55?

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Well go on, how much are the chips and pcbs and why is shipping $55?

No idea where you got shipping cost

#31 5 years ago

No idea where you got shipping cost

Thats just a made up number, every time I try and order from sparepartsau, shipping is really random and unusually high for seemingly small items.

#32 5 years ago

yes dust is extra

Haha, nice

#33 5 years ago

yes dust is extra

I'm curious. Are these just FPGA then? If so, do you own a licensed copy of the programming?

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Turtle:

I'm curious. Are these just FPGA then? If so, do you own a licensed copy of the programming?

No they are a custom asic and yes at the time they were made I did.

Both these and the CPU asic were both Made

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Turtle:

For those that weren't around at the time... back before there was PPS... There was Illinois Pinball and Wayne in Australia. When Ballypinball had secured a license for WMS/BLY parts... he was going to remake Medival Madness... and had gotten pretty far in the sourcing parts needed for the project.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

For those that weren't around at the time... back before there was PPS... There was Illinois Pinball and Wayne in Australia. When ballypinball had secured a license for WMS/BLY parts... he was going to remake Medival Madness... and had gotten pretty far in the sourcing parts needed for the project.

And now just old and poor with a warehouse full of Old useless pinball Parts

#38 5 years ago

Was curious why these weren't part of the deal when you closed out to Rick? I mean.. I know you've kept your parts/distributor stuff... but the stuff that was more about producing games... they didn't want?

#39 5 years ago

Not useless Wayne!!

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Was curious why these weren't part of the deal when you closed out to Rick? I mean.. I know you've kept your parts/distributor stuff... but the stuff that was more about producing games... they didn't want?

Rick has some on his website in fact I bought $20,000 of asic chips back from rick

3 weeks later
    #41 5 years ago

So what part on the AV is unobtanium? Looks like the williams chip is available to buy, the ADSP chip is available to buy.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc95-a-v-board-original-working-from-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.