Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bospins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi friends
    I’m shopping my #dw and none of the flashers are going in test mode.

I checked and replaced f111, which is the flasher secondary.

Haven’t dug in beyond that yet but would love some direction on where to focus next?

Thx gents.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd

Bulbs are all brand new.

I’ll check the 20v stuff.

does it matter where I pick up the ground to test? I usually just use one of the board chassis ground screws.

#5 3 years ago

Yeah...thanks for that...tried pushing the white door button in, no change. The door close button does trigger in the switch tests.

All the solenoids work no problem (flippers, pops, kickers).

Maybe the weird playfield glass switch needs to be closed also? I’ll try that too.

It’s weird that it’s just the flashers and only the flashers.

#7 3 years ago

Time expander is currently out of the game and fully “expanded” for a rebuild

#8 3 years ago

Ok - no reading at 20v test point - tp7.

Since f111 is new, that leaves on the bridge rectifier br4 as the culprit.

I can’t get my probes in there to check the input and output of br4 so I’ll have to pull the board...

Before I start doing surgery, do you guys agree?

#10 3 years ago

I have to pull the board to replace a header anyway.

Thanks Lloyd and everyone else.

#15 3 years ago

Thanks. I’ll do some checks. Coin door interlock is working on the switch edge test so I think that’s ok.

Testing the board components with power applied will be tough. I don’t have a test harness and getting on the pins while the board is in the game is impossible.

I’ll do a few checks but I think pulling the board for a good look is probably the next step.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bospins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc89-doctor-who-flashers-not-working?tu=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.