(Topic ID: 16390)

WPC & WPC-95 game Help

By Loupie

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

1. Factory Settings Restored (T2) - I replaced the batteries and still have this problem
    2. Switch #36 Catapult (FT); in test report, I can't clear, but catapult works fine.
    3. Lt gate stuck (AFM); in test report, I can't clear, but the lt gate works fine

Any ideas how to clear these problems pls. Thanks!

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from Loupie:

1. Factory Settings Restored (T2) - I replaced the batteries and still have this problem
    2. Switch #36 Catapult (FT); in test report, I can't clear, but catapult works fine.
    3. Lt gate stuck (AFM); in test report, I can't clear, but the lt gate works fine
    Any ideas how to clear these problems pls. Thanks!

#1: battery holder is either loose or corroded causing it to no longer make contact. Or your batteries are in wrong. Test with a dmm.

For other errors, use switch test to clear them. The CPU only knows about switches so all errors come from switches that are either stuck or don't trigger.

#3 11 years ago

You'll have to check with a meter if battery power is getting onto the CPU, the pads holding the battery may be bad.

Go to single switch test and stop on the switch with the error and hit the start button.

Otherwise you may have to do a factory reset to clear the errors. You will lose high scores and adjustments doing this.

LTG

#4 11 years ago

The catapult will still work on FT even if the switch doesn't work, because the game knows the switch isn't working. My buddy had this problem, and although the catapult did fire it took a little longer than normal. Replace or fix the switch.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Loupie:

Factory Settings Restored

Must be something in the air - my TAF did that to me today when I powered it up for a game, reset things, powered down and up a couple times and all is good. Hopefully a badly seated battery just got vibrated, if it happens again will dig in and see whats up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-wpc-95-game-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.