3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rx2006je
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

My WCS keeps telling me to press enter to see test report. I push enter and nothing happens it goes into regular game mode. I put in flipper fidelity speakers today and when I got done installing them I turned on the machine and it said check fuses f114 and f115. They were blown I replaced the fuses and the coin door was open and the goalie is moving back and forth constantly, no G.I. lights are on although the fuses are good. When I close the coin door all the solenoids lock on. What do I need to check, I am clueless. I didn’t think a speaker change could/would cause any of this.
    GRUMPY can you help?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx2006je:

My WCS keeps telling me to press enter to see test report. I push enter and nothing happens it goes into regular game mode. I put in flipper fidelity speakers today and when I got done installing them I turned on the machine and it said check fuses f114 and f115. They were blown I replaced the fuses and the coin door was open and the goalie is moving back and forth constantly, no G.I. lights are on although the fuses are good. When I close the coin door all the solenoids lock on. What do I need to check, I am clueless. I didn’t think a speaker change could/would cause any of this.
    GRUMPY can you help?

Short somewhere. U16,U17 and U20 on the MPU are all starting points. Look for wires touching bare metal.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'd check the CPU for battery damage.

Better yet...post a picture so we can check it over.

#5 3 years ago

Undo it and see what happens, if the game was acting normally soon before the speaker change.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Seamlesswall:

Undo it and see what happens, if the game was acting normally soon before the speaker change.

the speakers were never hooked up as I am having the sound board repaired. I was just swapping the speakers.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Better yet...post a picture so we can check it over.

I will post a picture tonight when i get home. It was clean.

I am going to order the u20,u16, and u17 chips for the CPU security board.
    How can I check them to see if they need replacing?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx2006je:

I found every chip but the u16 can you point me in a direction to find one.

LM339 should be hard to find.

LTG : )

#9 3 years ago

If your new speakers are hooked up by ghetto alligator clips I’d guess you shorted something. Seems an unlikely coincidence.

I think alligator clip mods should be outlawed but I’d guess that’s just me. People
    Can’t get enough!

#10 3 years ago

The speakers are connected via terminals not clips. I took the driver board off and re checked fuses and connections all seemed good turned back on machine and solo oídos locked on and blew f104 and 105. Too board off replaced fuses and checked mpu removed batteries no corrosion. Put it all back together and it worked with no issues. Gonna run more games but it seems to be solved.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-wont-let-me-in-test-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.