• Latest reply 3 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201118_141158 (resized).jpg
20201118_134418 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I finally finished restoring my house so I'm finally looking at some backlogged game repairs I've had sitting for a year.

STTNG was working great. One day around a year ago, the DMD was only showing half of the screen (left half if I remember right) the next day I turned it on and the whole machine was dead.

Fast forward to yesterday I plugged it in, the DMD will not come up at all, the only sound I get is the initial power beep, and I get attract more lights.
I started by testing the voltage on the power driver board, 50v is coming in at 78v, 20v is at 1v, 5v is at 4.9v. If I credit it up and start a game, it appears to start a game based off the lights, occasionally it will kick a ball out into the shooter lane, then all 3 flippers fire and get locked on until I turn it off.

I pulled the DMD driver board out and it is pretty burned up, I swapped in a known working DMD driver board but when I do that, the game won't even get to attract mode, it just turns on GI. I've tried a different MPU and Driver board as well but the problems seem to stay with the cabinet.

#3 3 years ago

Ok update as I've been messing with it.

I tested the DMD and the DMD driver board in another game and the DMD was dead. The DMD driver board worked perfectly in another game. I have a spare DMD that I have installed and it's showing this when the game boots up.

F104 is blowing instantly now. Flippers are still firing on.
Still no sound.

20201118_134418 (resized).jpg20201118_134418 (resized).jpg
#6 3 years ago

I was thinking Bridge Rectifier as well for the 20v.

Does the 20v control sound or DMD at all?

Oh and yes the ribbon cables are on right. I swapped the smaller DMD one with a known good working one and it wasn't that either.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Disconnect everything but the MPU and see if it boots up properly with regards to the status LEDs: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#LEDs_on_the_MPU
You might as well go ahead and post good pictures of the MPU (I know you said you swapped them) near and below the battery holder too.

Here is the photo of the MPU that's currently in it. I've tried two different ones with exact same result.

20201118_141158 (resized).jpg20201118_141158 (resized).jpg
#8 3 years ago

I tried a different Power Driver board again and it was powering the 20v correctly. So I do believe the BR to be bad. I'll have to research it tomorrow to see which one powers the 20v. I didn't get any extra life like audio or display though. Also blowing fuses more than I would like, I'll have to make up some more circuit breakers to figure this one out.

#11 3 years ago

Oh yeah, sorry I didn't make that clear. I knew F104 was for 9-16. I saw the Trough kicking on instantly, I repaired that solenoid but F104 is still blowing so probably another bad diode or transistor somewhere else in 9-16. Also F105 blowing too which I think said was another group of solenoids. Had to call it a night on this one but if anyone thinks of anything for me to look up it would be appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 63.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-weirdness-sttng?tu=futurepinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.