Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KJS
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BA6D30B9-D7D6-4A85-9995-6FC9C138E1C2 (resized).png
    147B11EE-DBC1-4E3F-B185-FE5CE23C8DF0 (resized).jpeg
    1apinbb (resized).JPG
    111pina (resized).JPG
    09FFD29E-D719-4A5B-844C-4642A71DFB4A (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

Does anyone know if there are any significant differences between the WPC and WPC-95 back boxes?

I have an idea for a project that involves making an AFM back box using a WPC back box.

Will the black speaker panel cover fit?

Thanks for any help in advance

#2 4 years ago

It's a bit different. For one thing, it's a different speaker panel configuration--WPC-95 is hinged and sits and latches onto pegs.

#3 4 years ago

Would it be possible to add the hinge and pegs?

09FFD29E-D719-4A5B-844C-4642A71DFB4A (resized).jpeg09FFD29E-D719-4A5B-844C-4642A71DFB4A (resized).jpeg
    #4 4 years ago

The pegs are just tiny little spacers that can be made quite easily. You can use flat head screws to mount them and countersink them into the side of backbox. Then the speaker panel plastic just loops over the top of it. There are notches the bottom of wpc-95 plastic panels where in locks into the bottom area.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from perryd:

The pegs are just tiny little spacers that can be made quite easily. You can use flat head screws to mount them and countersink them into the side of backbox. Then the speaker panel plastic just loops over the top of it. There are notches the bottom of wpc-95 plastic panels where in locks into the bottom area.

Does the WPC-95 plastic panel mount to a wood panel?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Does the WPC-95 plastic panel mount to a wood panel?

No. It’s just held in with 4 simple screws with spacers.

#7 4 years ago

Please post pictures if you figure it out. I am interested in the same thing.

#8 4 years ago

I'm actually about to do the reverse!
    I think the the wpc95 speaker panels are a stern like cop out imo...boring
    I'm doing a custom monster bash currently and will be reverting to wpc type speaker panel.

Internal back box measurements are all compatible.

I'm also ditching the translite tub lighting for a swinging panel set up.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

I'm actually about to do the reverse!
    I think the the wpc95 speaker panels are a stern like cop out imo...boring
    I'm doing a custom monster bash currently and will be reverting to wpc type speaker panel.
    Internal back box measurements are all compatible.
    I'm also ditching the translite tub lighting for a swinging panel set up.

It might be easier if we just trade back boxes. Haha

#10 4 years ago

Here are some pictures of WPC-95 backbox. There are 2 screws on each side with spacers. There also is a small trim board about 1/4 in. thick and 5/8 inch wide the runs directly behind the plastic speaker panel. I think it is there to make sure of a nice flush mount of the face of the speaker panel and the botton of the backbox. I am not sure if it is really needed for home use.
    It looks like you removed the original u channel that holds the MDF speaker panel on WPC-S games.

111pina (resized).JPG111pina (resized).JPG1apinbb (resized).JPG1apinbb (resized).JPG
    #11 4 years ago
    Quoted from jecase:

Here are some pictures of WPC-95 backbox. There are 2 screws on each side with spacers. There also is a small trim board about 1/4 in. thick and 5/8 inch wide the runs directly behind the plastic speaker panel. I think it is there to make sure of a nice flush mount of the face of the speaker panel and the botton of the backbox. I am not sure if it is really needed for home use.
    It looks like you removed the original u channel that holds the MDF speaker panel on WPC-S games.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for adding some pics. It’s actually the first time I’ve seen inside a WPC-95.

My back box is brand new, so I haven’t removed anything yet. It will end up being a wall hanger. I decided To convert it because I seem to gravitate toward the title options from the WPC-95 era. It seems like it would be easy enough to convert it.

With a few more pictures, measurements and a call to pinball life for some parts it looks fairly straightforward.

#12 4 years ago

Does anyone have the part # for the hinge pins? (Not sure what else to call them)

147B11EE-DBC1-4E3F-B185-FE5CE23C8DF0 (resized).jpeg147B11EE-DBC1-4E3F-B185-FE5CE23C8DF0 (resized).jpeg
    #13 4 years ago

Hey Pinless
    The part number for the bushing is 02-5223. It's available at Marco, BAA, PPS, and PSPA. It is fastened with #8 x 1" flat head phillips wood screws.
    Wally

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Pinless
    The part number for the bushing is 02-5223. It's available at Marco, BAA, PPS, and PSPA. It is fastened with #8 x 1" flat head phillips wood screws.
    Wally

Perfect, thanks!!

So I believe once I get 4 of these and the plastic speaker panel, I’ll pretty much have the WPC-95 backbox. Seems easy enough.

If anyone can post some measurements on the bushing locations, that’d be extremely helpful.

#15 4 years ago

Just found some detailed info with measurements. I’ll add them here for future reference

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?custom=EU&expver=R3.201602xx&sid=dmdAssemblyWPC95

BA6D30B9-D7D6-4A85-9995-6FC9C138E1C2 (resized).pngBA6D30B9-D7D6-4A85-9995-6FC9C138E1C2 (resized).png
    #16 4 years ago

Everyone should be giving this guy a donation...How do I get hold of Michael Roberts?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-vs-wpc-95-backbox-differences?hl=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.