• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zaza
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

18V.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Update, I tested the VAC and get 14.4 from transformer and at PCB on pins 4 and 7. I get around 6 at the 18V test point. So BR1?

Disregard this nonsense I picked up a Demolition Man from a buddy and all of the insert lamps are out. I traced the problem back to the transformer. One 18V lead is on point and the other is pushing out 7V. My guess is they originate at the same point. If so I was wondering if I could just jumper/splice the good 18V lead to the other pin/connector.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Do you mean the 18 Vdc for Lamp matrix and the 2 BLU-WHT wires from the transformer ?
If so, NO, those wires do not originate from the same point. They are the AC out from transformer.
see pic:
[quoted image]

I was reffing to those two. I did a continuity test between the two pins at the transformer molex and it showed continuity. Either way, I guess I should send this out for repair. It's probably not safe as is.

Many thanks for the image.

1 week later
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Yes, the winding in the transformer has a very low resistance and measures close to 0.2 Ohm
When you want to measure the voltage on the two BLU-WHT wires, put the multimeter on Vac, and put the leads of multimeter on both BLU-WHT wires.
(do not measure from GND)

Thanks, I have a brain thing and was not working at full speed the other day. I don't know what I was thinking.

Update, I tested the VAC and get 14.4 from transformer and at PCB on pins 4 and 7. I get around 6 at the 18V test point. So BR1 is the most likely culprit?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-transformer-wiring-question-can-i-jumper-my-18v?tu=nerdygrrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.