(Topic ID: 320934)

WPC Transformer - new / sources?

By Arcadedl

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homepin-wmstx-wiring-colors.pdf (PDF preview)
    thumbnail_WPC Transformer Voltage Testing (resized).jpg
    362657684_6873554242668799_679174327444437665_n (resized).jpg
    1690002649221 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0838 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9620 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0816.gif
    A7B7A01B-E105-4D6E-9F97-70C25F12A382 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago

A post here clears up some of the mystery I think: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-transformer-help#post-7087874

I contacted Homepin back when I was looking for one ( ended up sourcing one from a member) and this was their reply:

"Thanks for your enquiry.

Actually we make a lot of the Bally SS transformers and are working right now on a current order of 100 sets for one of our agents.

I have investigated the WPC transformer/s and also had several conversations with our local transformer factory about the best way to build these. There is a small issue in that there are two main types that have different audio supply voltages. It was agreed with the winding factory engineer that it would be best to make a universal transformer that has taps for both the 12 and the 18 volt audio windings to make the replacement truly universal.

Currently we are building huge quantities of mechanisms and parts for our new release pinball machine "This is Spinal Tap Pinball" so we are exceptionally busy. After TAP is actually in production I intend to progress the WPC transformers but this isn't likely to be for at least a few months yet.

Then there will be shipping to our agents so they probably won't be available in your area until the end of this year at a guess.

Hopefully you can find a used one in the meantime or can wait until these are ready.

Regards,

Mike Kalinowski

Homepin Taiwan Company Limited"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-transformer-new-sources?tu=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.