Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Kare9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey all, I have asked about this a few times / searched this forum without answer, hoping someone can help me out. I cannot find the sound rom files for the DCS sound board in my Jack Bot machine (U2,U3,U4,U5,U6). The CPU rom can easily be found on ipdb or planetarypinball but unfortunately not the official sound roms. I did some digging and some WPC games have the sound roms on PP but many don't. Are these files out there?

#2 3 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/files/3619/jb_10r.zip

Whats wrong with the sound roms in the ipdb pinmame set?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/3619/jb_10r.zip
Whats wrong with the sound roms in the ipdb pinmame set?

Oh my goodness it's 3MB! Nothing, those should work, thank you. I've taken several looks at that file and always assumed it was the same ~300kb size as the ones on planetarypinball!

Edit: Actually they say PinMAME roms. Do these work in the actual machine? (Possible noob question sorry).

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Oh my goodness it's 3MB! Nothing, those should work, thank you. I've taken several looks at that file and always assumed it was the same ~300kb size as the ones on planetarypinball!
Edit: Actually they say PinMAME roms. Do these work in the actual machine? (Possible noob question sorry).

There's no difference between pinmame roms and roms, except that pinmame roms have to be named a certain way.

The filename once burned onto an eprom doesn't matter. Pinmame roms are the best downloads to get IMO because you can have a pinmame setup, unzip the files there, and it will checksum it for you when you run the game.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

There's no difference between pinmame roms and roms, except that pinmame roms have to be named a certain way.
The filename once burned onto an eprom doesn't matter. Pinmame roms are the best downloads to get IMO because you can have a pinmame setup, unzip the files there, and it will checksum it for you when you run the game.

Thank-you for explaining that so objectively. There is a ton of bad information out there about pinmame roms.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Thank-you for explaining that so objectively. There is a ton of bad information out there about pinmame roms.

And done, thanks for the help, managed to burn myself 2 new chips after they failed to verify.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-sound-roms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.