• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by simonzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi there everyone,

I have a problem with my Dr Who where the sound will become distorted and cut out at lower volumes. It seems to be alright over level 8 but that is a bit loud with them daleks. I have already swapped the sound board from another working machine, and the problem stayed with the Dr Who. Would this mean a speaker is going bad? There is a cap attached to the smaller 15W speaker I noticed. Would this cap possible be causing some grief? All speakers work, and the sound problem affect all speakers. Any ideas and your experience would be greatly appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Somewhere, might be a thin wire or loose connection, between the board and the speaker. You might be able to jumper using 16ga wire to test, see if it performs better.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks you got me thinking when you said thin wire. I had a problem once before when I had accidentally clamped down a power driver board screw on a speaker wire in TOTAN and it pierced the cable causing me interference. Anyway I check the cabling again and found the cable tie near the plug was very tight and causing the cable to have a sharp bend. I cut this loose and smoothed out the cabling. So far so good...I will let you know if the problem returns.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
3,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside