(Topic ID: 219520)

WPC sound board damage

By jewboyflowerhead

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Bally whodunnit sound board. Accidentally sent 12v to the ground or vice versa while connecting the board. Now i am getting the soundboard interface error. Any guesses on what I destroyed?

#3 5 years ago

U18 and U19 both test close to spec. Wondering if there is something else i should look into before swapping those out. I figure i am not the first person the plug j118 upside down and send voltage to the sound board where it shouldnt be

#8 5 years ago

Fuse did not blow, and ribbon cables were swapped. I swapped the sound board with another game to confirm the problem was on the sound board. I am not sure what shorted, other then i was cleaning up some hacks in the j116-119 section. There were sparks, and then the soundboard interface error. Other than that, the game works as it should

#11 5 years ago

To follow up, bad sound roms were confirmed

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-sound-board-damage?tu=jewboyflowerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.