P1070041.JPG
P1070040.JPG
P1070037.JPG
IMG_6209.JPG
IMG_6210.JPG
U19-short-.jpg
short U19- 6to7.gif
lm339-ps1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Wow, you really got confused there. Stop measuring voltages, and go look at the switch matrix in test. What does it look like? Any rows or columns stuck on?

#3 8 years ago

Also I would be amazed if this had anything to do with high voltage. Probably doesn't have anything to do with no lamps/no GI, either. Where's your other thread?

#5 8 years ago

Oh my. David led you totally wrong on that. Your problem was clearly with the opto board, I'm afraid. It has two bad transistors. Ok, reading further...

#6 8 years ago

Ok, so what exactly is the door message you're getting?

#7 8 years ago

If it's coin door open, what happens when you close the coin door when it's in switch test?

#8 8 years ago

And dear god, please tell me the coin door was closed when you got the message, or I may have to jump off a cliff.

#9 8 years ago

Oh, wow, that opto board doesn't have transistors. Ooookie....still think it's the opto board though.

#12 8 years ago

Ok, well, that's probably where your high voltage problem is coming from. Do all the other switches in row 2 and column 2 work?

#13 8 years ago

Ok, it's late and I wanna go to bed. Assuming the answer to the previous post is "yes", you either plugged stuff in wrong or shouldn't have unsevered that trace. Make sure your door interlock is plugged in like on page 4 of your manual. That should solve the issue of your high voltage.

I don't care that pin 7 of u19 is low. Pin 7 is linked to switch row 8, which is very far down on our list of stuff that might be wrong.

As for the original problem, I'd test the diodes on the 7 opto board first. If those are fine, swap out those LM339's on the 7 opto board.

Regarding your GI, I'm highly suspecting you plugged in a cable wrong. If there's no GI and no controlled lamps, and no solonoids and no flashers, check that the cable from the mpu to the power board is in right. Make sure the red stripe is to pin 1 on both ends. It's kind of upside down of the way you would think it goes. You might have also knocked the gi power plug out at J115, but with no controlled lamps? I'd bet my breakfast the mpu isn't talking to the driver board. Either that, or you fried all the data lines. But if you're confident enough with electronics to socket chips, you probably didn't do anything that bad. Probably.

#23 8 years ago

It may very well fix the voltage, but I still don't see how this is related to the door.

#32 8 years ago

Sorry, just in a pissy mood at the moment. Shouldn't pin three have continuity with ground?

#39 8 years ago

The schematic that earflaps posted in the other thread says 3 is ground and 12 is 12v *shrug* But then I've seen so many pinball schematics with U? labeled chips, I would not be surprised if that was an error.

#60 8 years ago

Ooo, I didn't know about those, earflaps. Nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-s-cpu-with-low-voltage-at-c10?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.