• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ubbla
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Venom_249.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Just got ahold of a congo conversion kit and I have an old shadow cabinet to put it in, but no harnesses to hook it up to a wpc-s machine.......so hoping I can get some help if anybody out there has a congo kit they would sell the wpc-s harnesses for or would rent them to me so I could make some of my own? I've already got a lot of Molex connectors and wire so it'd be really quick turnaround time like a week or less. If there is any pinout in the manual or anything that would help too I don't have the conversion manuals so I'm not sure what all is in them.

#3 9 years ago

I just pm'd you about roms. Lol In another pinsiders for sale post he shows pics of harnesses connectors etc, listed them as back box and Playfield conversion harnesses. I have neither......

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-kit-for-sale-pics

#5 9 years ago

The conversion kit came with harnesses and roms so it was possible to not only use it in a wpc-95 but also a narrow body wpc-s. so far it looks like 2 of the additional harnesses were just extensions to get the playfield harness up to the fliptronics board in the upper left of a wpc-s cab. Still trying to figure out what the other harnesses are. Anybody out there have a conversion kit actually in a wpc-s? Or everybody just used NBA fastbreaks?

#8 9 years ago

Yeah, there are different rom sets for the two versions, if you got the conversion kit then it would have had both rom sets in the box from the pics ive seen. If you were doing a WPC95 conversion then you wouldnt really need the speaker plexi either.

2 months later
#10 9 years ago

A little update for future reference here's the Congo chips in a wpc-s mpu booted up fine using my road show. image.jpgimage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Venom_249.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-s-congo-conversion-harnesses?tu=Venom_249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.